UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patch: 9-13-2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathos

Wanderer
Re: Patch: 9-13-2005

- a ghost - said:
Point is, this will not solve anything. Most it will do is ruin dueling. So technically all of the duelers get screwed over. I will not make a new char when I am ranked pretty high. High rated duelers should not be forced to make a new character just because they are red. If you're going to make this patch, at least give ONE duel pit where its the same as it has been, so reds can freely duel.

Why? You can challenge a duel from anywhere, not just while standing in the duel pit. I really dont see where all the whining is coming from, other than that you dont have a safezone to attack from, which at least is something left from the old disadvantages of being red.

ramrod

Wanderer

point is that most of the duelr hang out in the duel pits if its gonna be taken away duelers wont be there and it will ruin dueling :/

ramrod said:
point is that most of the duelr hang out in the duel pits if its gonna be taken away duelers wont be there and it will ruin dueling :/
God forbid anyone would have to duel with a blue character.

Elf

Sorceror

- a ghost - said:
So Ryan, how do people like a player hunter, a clone, and many others duel now? They ARE the top duelers, and taking away the safe zone will restrict them from dueling. Duel pits are for DUELING. If they can't duel, the duel pits are pointless. If you restrict reds from being able to freely sit and duel in the pits, the dueling board will be misleading because they won't even be able to duel. Because if I can recall, most of the best duelers ARE red.

Wow, God forbid there be an actual reason to stay blue on this shard.

ramrod

Wanderer

Marshall said:
God forbid anyone would have to duel with a blue character.
dude think of this way, say you had a dueler ranked in the top 15 and he was red would you like to start over and get back there...i think not... point made plain and simple

R

Ryan

ramrod said:
The duel pit is not designed to be a safe place to hang out.

Get it through your thick skulls.

Thanks,
Ryan

Apathos

Wanderer

ramrod said:
dude think of this way, say you had a dueler ranked in the top 15 and he was red would you like to start over and get back there...i think not... point made plain and simple

No, I wouldnt, and you dont have to either. You can initiate a duel from anywhere....point made plain and simple.

Jelly-hybrid

Wanderer

so reds are pretty much fucked or duels now? i like the new changes, but im not fond of getting ganked the second my duel ends when im dismountedand naked. could there be like a 60 second period of time where the person or persons has a chance to recall or mount or somthing?

ramrod

Wanderer

Ryan said:

Thanks,
Ryan
my skull isnt thick and this will ruin dueling but go ahead drive the shard into the ground why do the players care. we dont even get a say so in the situation or changes to the shard. Shard will never be the same.

Stides40oz

Knight

Ryan said:

Thanks,
Ryan
Will attacking someone outside the duel pits not allow them to run into them still? Like I mean can you enter the duel pits if you have recently been in combat like how it was before you changed this?

Jelly said:
so reds are pretty much fucked or duels now? i like the new changes, but im not fond of getting ganked the second my duel ends when im dismountedand naked. could there be like a 60 second period of time where the person or persons has a chance to recall or mount or somthing?

Ahh that sounds like a decnt idea, after a duel you are invul for a bit to get away.

I agree with that. :)

Addicted

Disciple

Jelly said:

Its a pretty simple thing...make a blue char to duel with. You people are just worried about loosing your leet dueling status. Start fresh and work your way back up. Stop crying about things you have no power over. Deal with it.

- a ghost -

Wanderer

Ryan said:

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan, what ARE the duel pits designed for? I thought they were designed for dueling. Reds will be restricted from dueling, simple as that. It is not fair to say MAKE A BLUE. What people do with their character is their business. The fair thing to do is make every red blue before making this patch. It is now like, being red is a disadvantage. Reds are always getting penalized...

Jelly-hybrid

Wanderer

and watch, a week later ryan and the rest of the staff will be banning and blocking reds for recall killing blues in duel pits. bets start at 1million gold

Apathos

Wanderer

Jelly said:

Sounds reasonable to me. 30-60 second invulnerability so the player can neither attack or be attacked after the duel. I think thats fair.

Addicted said:
Its a pretty simple thing...make a blue char to duel with. You people are just worried about loosing your leet dueling status. Start fresh and work your way back up. Stop crying about things you have no power over. Deal with it.

then wipe the current board... clean slate for all. for the record i dont duel at all. i think one of my characters is like 7 and 3 from fighting a buddy of mine when he was first getting back into uo.

Apathos

Wanderer

- a ghost - said:
It is now like, being red is a disadvantage. Reds are always getting penalized...

Im gonna wipe my memory and pretend you did not just say that.

Airlik said:
Sounds reasonable to me. 30-60 second invulnerability so the player can neither attack or be attacked after the duel. I think thats fair.

or maybe invul until you move? stand still do your thing ... cant attack or be attacked ... once you move a single step its back to normal?

[edit] meh ... timer is probably easier

Status
Not open for further replies.