UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Demise PvP Hotspot !!!!!

Where would you like to see become a PvP hotspot?

• Brit Crossroads

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Chaos Shrine

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Wrong Dungeon Area

• Bucs Den

Votes: 63 61.2%
  • Hedge Maze

• Yew Woods

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Other (post yours!)

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters

Frasier

Sorceror
RP wars, while they do work very well, eventually come to a pause. Time management and scheduling takes a lot of time and many players may not be able to play during the proposed time slot.

Hmmm..... sounds familiar :rolleyes:

My goal is directed towards trying to make UO less script-friendly and more risk-for-the-rewards.

Aye

TheRealPhil

Sorceror
You do realize there is a forum thread about killing afk farmers where 99% of those afkers u r wanting to stop scripting are being killed in fel. The admins are not going around killing the afkers, your ferocious red murderers are.
U say take trammel out so u can pvp what about the people that just dont want to pvp? Or deal with griefing and the rez killing pvpers. Why make it harder for trammies to play the game because reds are too scared to come out of their houses. Why not try promoting pvp for the people that want to. U want it so badly go start a spawn any time of day and im almost 100% u will find youself in contact with a red or two without the safety of guard zones.
fight until your heart is content. Fyi u r playing this game with a computer using electricity. .. medieval times had neither of these better find a different way to connect to your inner knight, dragon slaying, spell wielding self.

Bama

Bug Huntress
You do realize there is a forum thread about killing afk farmers where 99% of those afkers u r wanting to stop scripting are being killed in fel. The admins are not going around killing the afkers, your ferocious red murderers are.
U say take trammel out so u can pvp what about the people that just dont want to pvp? Or deal with griefing and the rez killing pvpers. Why make it harder for trammies to play the game because reds are too scared to come out of their houses. Why not try promoting pvp for the people that want to. U want it so badly go start a spawn any time of day and im almost 100% u will find youself in contact with a red or two without the safety of guard zones.
fight until your heart is content. Fyi u r playing this game with a computer using electricity. .. medieval times had neither of these better find a different way to connect to your inner knight, dragon slaying, spell wielding self.
It's Phil pronounced PHIL!!

Lord Aero

Sorceror

I'm not sure how the forum you mentioned relates. I'm pretty sure that a little over 65% of players AFK farm in Trammel so they do not have to deal with annoying murderers.

I never said I wanted to take out Trammel just so I could PvP. I was predicting that if Trammel was removed, players might experience more activity instead of leaving a scripting program to run or leaving their characters in a bank while they do other things.

If we take out Trammel, the people who don't want to PvP still have a ton of options (Crafting in their houses, finding secluded landmarks for resource gathering, buying and selling in the safety of the town guards, etc)

Griefing can be a bannable offense, just FYI. Res-killing, well, that's on the player who died. They take their chances and if the person kills them again, well then they might do better to walk away. I'm sure the administrators can figure out solutions to thinks that negatively affect game-play.

With a small amount of imagination, alternative solutions to solving the house-hiding problem can be found, such as murderers cannot access houses until they become blue again. Or like, the only place they can log out is the Buc's Den inn, etc. Negatives effects that will really make a player think before they attack another player is crucial.

Maybe we can have champion spawns where guards surround the area because they "need help killing the spawn" and that if murderers try to enter or kill another player, they'll be instantly guard-whacked. This guard-zone could rotate every two days between each champion spawn. Things like cannons, guards, etc could be set up to signify that this area is "friendly" and that murdering will not be tolerated.

The point is, imagination is needed to keep the game bustling with players and to keep it fun for everyone. UO has become so tedious and monotonous because players have constantly found a way to abuse the game. Players want things to be easy, yes, but they're just shorting themselves out for a bigger despair. A player can literally become rich by just leaving a scripting program gather resources while they split-screen and watch a television show.

And your remark about the "finding your inner knight via a different way," is pretty short-sighted. I play this game because it makes me excited to play something so similar to the mythological stories. It allows me to live as a different person. If you're going to shoot me down for trying to help make this game better for everyone else, then you might want to play something like Black-ops.

kolbycrouch

Knight
What you fail to realize is that this game is done evolving. Yes it can be changed, but it won't.

This is a free-server of an already dying product. It's surprising that OSI is still up and running, it must not cost them much to maintain I guess.

This isn't League of Legends or DOTA2 or some other kind of extremely popular game with tons of money invested into it.

They don't have teams of player-engineers who break the balance of the game down to a science.

Learn to love it how it is, or stop playing it. Sure some minor content will be released here, sure some fixes will be made, but none of these radical things anyone is suggesting will ever come to fruition.

Xionu

Sorceror
I'm not sure how the forum you mentioned relates. I'm pretty sure that a little over 65% of players AFK farm in Trammel so they do not have to deal with annoying murderers.

I never said I wanted to take out Trammel just so I could PvP. I was predicting that if Trammel was removed, players might experience more activity instead of leaving a scripting program to run or leaving their characters in a bank while they do other things.

If we take out Trammel, the people who don't want to PvP still have a ton of options (Crafting in their houses, finding secluded landmarks for resource gathering, buying and selling in the safety of the town guards, etc)

Griefing can be a bannable offense, just FYI. Res-killing, well, that's on the player who died. They take their chances and if the person kills them again, well then they might do better to walk away. I'm sure the administrators can figure out solutions to thinks that negatively affect game-play.

With a small amount of imagination, alternative solutions to solving the house-hiding problem can be found, such as murderers cannot access houses until they become blue again. Or like, the only place they can log out is the Buc's Den inn, etc. Negatives effects that will really make a player think before they attack another player is crucial.

Maybe we can have champion spawns where guards surround the area because they "need help killing the spawn" and that if murderers try to enter or kill another player, they'll be instantly guard-whacked. This guard-zone could rotate every two days between each champion spawn. Things like cannons, guards, etc could be set up to signify that this area is "friendly" and that murdering will not be tolerated.

The point is, imagination is needed to keep the game bustling with players and to keep it fun for everyone. UO has become so tedious and monotonous because players have constantly found a way to abuse the game. Players want things to be easy, yes, but they're just shorting themselves out for a bigger despair. A player can literally become rich by just leaving a scripting program gather resources while they split-screen and watch a television show.

And your remark about the "finding your inner knight via a different way," is pretty short-sighted. I play this game because it makes me excited to play something so similar to the mythological stories. It allows me to live as a different person. If you're going to shoot me down for trying to help make this game better for everyone else, then you might want to play something like Black-ops.
You should stop trying.
You aren't making the game "better" for everyone else. MOST people on Demise play because they played this era on OSI. With that being said, you should go play Hybrid, it is more of what you are looking for as a player. Most of us on Demise are fine with the gameplay, its a casual game, thus should have the gameplay of a casual game.

These are responses to your paragraphs.
1- 75% of resource gatherers are in felucca.
2- get rid of Tram you get rid of half the servers population. We aren't stuck here BTW, NEITHER ARE YOU.
3- See 2
4- Rules aren't inforsed in Felucca as much as Tram, because you can handle shit yourself.
5- Making reds unable to access houses is just stupid. I have 4 Reds, they share the same suit, and all use regs. How should I go about that?
6- a guarded champ spawn in Felucca? ...
7- So instead of coming up with ridiculous solutions, solve the actual issues on Demise
8- K cool

TheRealPhil

Sorceror
You should stop trying.
You aren't making the game "better" for everyone else. MOST people on Demise play because they played this era on OSI. With that being said, you should go play Hybrid, it is more of what you are looking for as a player. Most of us on Demise are fine with the gameplay, its a casual game, thus should have the gameplay of a casual game.

2- get rid of Tram you get rid of half the servers population. We aren't stuck here BTW, NEITHER ARE YOU.
3- See 2
4- Rules aren't inforsed in Felucca as much as Tram, because you can handle shit yourself.
5- Making reds unable to access houses is just stupid. I have 4 Reds, they share the same suit, and all use regs. How should I go about that?
7- So instead of coming up with ridiculous solutions, solve the actual issues on Demise
8- K cool
hahahaha Agreed....except #7.... if you like the game so much why r you trying to change it?

Lord Aero

Sorceror
hahahaha Agreed....except #7.... if you like the game so much why r you trying to change it?

Because, as Kolby mentioned, it's a dying product. It's a game I want to see blossom in a way that attracts players. The players who already play here are habituated and have already experienced the negative effects of the changes on OSI. Granted, OSI took the wrong route to making game-play more fun. They focused on short thrills rather than long-term fixes and in the end, the only people left were the veterans who amassed tons amount of gold and items that they rejected the idea of even quitting. This server is exactly like OSI but in a way that the Stygian Abyss hasn't been introduced. I know for a fact this server has less players than OSI.

What you fail to realize is that this game is done evolving. Yes it can be changed, but it won't.

This is a free-server of an already dying product. It's surprising that OSI is still up and running, it must not cost them much to maintain I guess.

This isn't League of Legends or DOTA2 or some other kind of extremely popular game with tons of money invested into it.

They don't have teams of player-engineers who break the balance of the game down to a science.

Learn to love it how it is, or stop playing it. Sure some minor content will be released here, sure some fixes will be made, but none of these radical things anyone is suggesting will ever come to fruition.

From what I see, UO can evolve in any way it wants. People can simply go into the coding and change the things they want or add new things they find pleasant. There's a reason why people can do this.

The server doesn't need money to evolve. See #1.

The server doesn't need a team of engineers to run this server. There are already administrators who fix based on needs and desires. The players can choose how they want the server to be.

Oh, I love how UO is. I played here for over ten years. I just have a lack of confidence in this dying game. Seeing four accounts run simultaneously while the only true players are in Felucca. I think our numbers are quite below the hundred mark.

Seeing as you're a PvPer yourself, I would like to ask why you are against such an idea. Why are you scared of a concept that could radically change how UO handles game-play? Does this stem from what a failure OSI was? Is the concept too damaging?

You should stop trying.

3- See 2
8- K cool

Here are the responses to your responses:

1. Okay sure. Maybe Felucca does hold more resource-gatherers than Trammel. All the more reason?
2. I thought more than half the servers population was in Felucca? According to your response #1. Think of all the reds too. Hz is pretty full of actual playing reds.
3. See 2.
4. No shit.
5. Good question. I wouldn't know since I have suits for every single character I own. Additionally, this was an idea. It wasn't set in stone. Maybe it's time for you to make suits for each character and fill each character's bank with reagents. (And seeing how you use reagents, I'm guessing your suits aren't top-of-the-class.) (Hint: Your four characters are red, so I need to ask why you're against such an idea of removing Trammel.)
6. For the blue players who don't like the idea of being raided by some zerg guild. It's a great alternative to Trammel champion spawns and offers the opportunity to have UO set in Felucca. Please re-read my previous post if you need an expanded explanation.
7. The actual issues are pretty much from too little players, too many accounts, and too much scripting. How would you solve this issue? Seeing as you haven't stated even one little solution, my "ridiculous" solutions are pretty much better than your lack of input.
8. K cool

Last edited:

Mister Pink

Squire
Because, as Kolby mentioned, it's a dying product. It's a game I want to see blossom in a way that attracts players. The players who already play here are habituated and have already experienced the negative effects of the changes on OSI. Granted, OSI took the wrong route to making game-play more fun. They focused on short thrills rather than long-term fixes and in the end, the only people left were the veterans who amassed tons amount of gold and items that they rejected the idea of even quitting. This server is exactly like OSI but in a way that the Stygian Abyss hasn't been introduced. I know for a fact this server has less players than OSI.

From what I see, UO can evolve in any way it wants. People can simply go into the coding and change the things they want or add new things they find pleasant. There's a reason why people can do this.

The server doesn't need a team of engineers to run this server. There are already administrators who fix based on needs and desires. The players can choose how they want the server to be.

Oh, I love how UO is. I played here for over ten years. I just have a lack of confidence in this dying game. Seeing four accounts run simultaneously while the only true players are in Felucca. I think our numbers are quite below the hundred mark.

Seeing as you're a PvPer yourself, I would like to ask why you are against such an idea. Why are you scared of a concept that could radically change how UO handles game-play? Does this stem from what a failure OSI was? Is the concept too damaging?

1. Okay sure. Maybe Felucca does hold more resource-gatherers than Trammel. All the more reason?
2. I thought more than half the servers population was in Felucca? According to your response #1. Think of all the reds too. Hz is pretty full of actual playing reds.
3. See 2.
4. No shit.
5. Good question. I wouldn't know since I have suits for every single character I own. Additionally, this was an idea. It wasn't set in stone. Maybe it's time for you to make suits for each character and fill each character's bank with reagents. (And seeing how you use reagents, I'm guessing your suits aren't top-of-the-class.) (Hint: Your four characters are red, so I need to ask why you're against such an idea of removing Trammel.)
6. For the blue players who don't like the idea of being raided by some zerg guild. It's a great alternative to Trammel champion spawns and offers the opportunity to have UO set in Felucca. Please re-read my previous post if you need an expanded explanation.
7. The actual issues are pretty much from too little players, too many accounts, and too much scripting. How would you solve this issue? Seeing as you haven't stated even one little solution, my "ridiculous" solutions are pretty much better than your lack of input.
8. K cool

I'm all for increasing incentives for going to Fel, but removing Trammel isn't a good option. It would create too many problems, headaches, and lead to a dip in the population after implementing such a change. If you are worth a crap you will already farm in Fel because of the monster respawn rate. That paired with double resources encourages more Fel play.

I think monsters should have better loot in Fel (except champ spawn monsters) or at the very least create custom mobs/put harder versions of existing mobs in dungeons that aren't often used. I'd be all for custom monsters that have a rare chance to drop some deco items that only spawn in Fel. Granted I wouldn't go overboard with this. Some shards just put too much custom shit in the game and it takes away from what already exists. However one or two more spots to farm where the risk/reward system is in place would be ideal.

Xionu

Sorceror

3. See 2.
4. No shit.
8. K cool
1-No.
2-more resource gatherers are in felucca, PVM to PVP is 1to1
3-
4-
5-I have a suit that I've spent all my gold on, instead of putting together 5little scrub suits. I'm pretty sure it outshines yours. Too bad I only bank sot though.

I'm not going to read the rest of your posts. You have tok many holes in your ideas.

I would like to see more incentives for pvm players to enter fel and feel okay about dying a few times if they had a chance. Currently, most of the small groups of players wont attempt a champ spawn or harrower because they have very little to no chance of completing without being raided.

Give more incentives to be in fel areas and somehow let the pvm players have a better chance at reward and you will force pvp out of them.

1. Im relatively new here, dont have a red, has nothing to do with being red or not. I said "forcing" for lack of a better word. I guess inspire would be better.
2. easy targets?
3.wtf are you talking about steam for?
4. go troll and nitpick somewhere else.

Ortiz

Sorceror
It's not "inspiring" if you remove trammel. It's forcing. The people who want to pvp do so, the people who don't, don't. I think there is a good balance between the 2 right now. Take your shitty idea somewhere else.

I never said removal trammel. I said to offer more incentives in more areas for things that promote pvp like champ spawns. You are really dumb or just lazy and didnt read.

Bama

Bug Huntress
offer more incentives in more areas

On OSI we always did the peerless that were in Felucca (Lady Mel as an example) because there was more loot.I don't see a difference in Felucca and Trammel regarding loot amount on Demise.Having said that the only PVP that would happen (if any at all) would be after the peerless is dead and players leave.

Since you can accept the quest in Felucca and obtain the "keys" in Trammel that makes it little to no risk for a better reward if indeed Demise has or added the loot bump for peerless
Maybe making it so you can only use the "keys" you get in Trammel for Trammel and the ones in Felucca for Felucca only.