UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Demise PvP Hotspot !!!!!

Where would you like to see become a PvP hotspot?

• Brit Crossroads

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Chaos Shrine

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Wrong Dungeon Area

• Bucs Den

Votes: 63 61.2%
  • Hedge Maze

• Yew Woods

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Other (post yours!)

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters

p01n7e

Sorceror
Re: New Demise PvP Hotspot !!!!!

Unless staff disables housing within 2-3 screens of a guard zone, nothing is going to change, EVER. It's like a magical circle ..

ultimastu

Wanderer
Re: New Demise PvP Hotspot !!!!!

Guard whacking reds isnt pvp.

Neither is house hiding.

If you wanna do either of those, go to tram and knock yourself out. If you want real pvp and an adrenaline rush, step up to the plate and play the game.

I tried but couldn't find any reds to guard whack in tram... :confused:

LOL

Lord Aero

Sorceror
I agree. I think we should remove trammel and make every other facet felucca-based. I understand that most players won't stand this, but over time, we can adapt to this change. At the moment, all I'm seeing is care-bear land and none of the struggles. We play UO to fantasize what it would be like in medieval times/folklore legends. At the moment, UO doesn't really reflect this in terms of player interaction. Here are a couple of good things that would happen if Trammel was removed:

- AFK-gatherers would become non-existent. (In-town AFKers may still prevail)
- On-your-toes adrenaline instead of that "bloated" bank-sit feel.
- Getting the shit kicked out of you if you're not careful is real.
- Status and recognition would return.
- Tighter-knit community values. Help each other become rich.
- RPing is more of a reality.
- Guilds will become more populated due to that "Wanna stay together" feeling.

But we can't ignore the bad side of changes. At the moment, all I can think of is:

- Some players will leave due to their inability to adapt.
- Griefing tactics may occur. (Can be prevented by admins and careful strategies)

To be honest, if trammel was removed and all facets became felucca-based, there would be no other game out there like ours. (No, Hybrid does not count because they don't follow our ability to insure or see stats on our items. They are pre-AOS while we are post-AOS). In fact, we may see a small increase of players if the game was more "challenging."

Our current state of UODemise is:

- Devaluation of heartwood quest rewards.
- Devaluation of gold itself (More gold is made than deaths created).
- Players are starting to rely on automated scripts to become rich (No challenges.)
- Rare interactions between players except by those who fight in felucca.

I see more interaction between the players who fight in Felucca than the people who sit around in Trammel. The goal here is to introduce a more deeper style of player interaction.

Thoughts?

I agree with that totally, it needs to be more like hybrid, way more fun, you can afk script but always have risk, no risk should equal very little reward.

Frasier

Sorceror
By removing trammel and make every other facet felucca-based, you'll prevent players from playing "in peace", what ever they are doing (but not AFK'ing).
It's not all about pvp. Someone may want to do crafting/ gardening/ fishing. Or just pvm solo.

Maybe

kolbycrouch

Knight
People rely on automation because UO is probably the most tedious game of all time.

People like trammel because some players use this as a multiplayer game to fight monsters etc.

Sure, the pvp mechanics of pre-aos shards are nice, but if you notice, on pre-aos servers all you see is either die-hard pvpers or bank sitters. Because if you aren't pvping on a pre-aos server, than the game is worthless. There is no risk vs. reward if nobody wants the rewards.

Lord Aero

Sorceror
By removing trammel and make every other facet felucca-based, you'll prevent players from playing "in peace", what ever they are doing (but not AFK'ing).
It's not all about pvp. Someone may want to do crafting/ gardening/ fishing. Or just pvm solo.

Maybe
But here's where you're wrong. You can craft in peace within the safe perimeters of a town or your house. You can gather resources in Delucia and Cove, and near Britain. But since these are tight areas, resource gatherers would be more than tempted to gather outside of guard zones, making it a risk for the rewards. And as always, the resources obtained would be 2x than in Trammel.

Just imagine how much boost our suffering economy would receive.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Our suffering economy? Have you ever played other video games?

The economy is much better here than it is on OSI, and much better than in most of the other video games I've played.

Sure a few people afk farm all day and sell items for IRL cash, but that beats a game where there is an entire industry for abusing automation and selling items for IRL cash. Have you ever heard of chinese gold farming on WoW or GW or ESO or UO or etc etc etc?

Bama

Bug Huntress
I think we should remove trammel
And as always, the resources obtained would be 2x than in Trammel.
You need to decide if there is a Trammel or not.

Anyway
If you were to have all facets follow Felucca rules then there is no 2x the resources anywhere (just like it was and is on OSI)
I'll go one further for you.The resource banks inside the guard zone should have much less than the resource banks outside of the guard zone (like it was on OSI before Felucca and Trammel came about)

otimpyre

Sorceror
I take what I want from fel when ever I feel like it with no resistance. I can just leave instantly. Fel sux. Tram rules. PvP drools. Reds a buncha tools. Neener neener neener, Hi ho silver away. *drops the mic*

Lord Aero

Sorceror
I didn't mean to incite any sort of argument. This thread was meant to sort through our ideas and figure out what we can do to make UODemise a better server to play on.

You need to decide if there is a Trammel or not.

Anyway
If you were to have all facets follow Felucca rules then there is no 2x the resources anywhere (just like it was and is on OSI)
I'll go one further for you.The resource banks inside the guard zone should have much less than the resource banks outside of the guard zone (like it was on OSI before Felucca and Trammel came about)

Caught my little typo there. Your idea is a much better suggestion!

You're right, this isnt OSI. Hence no Ter Mur.

Speak for yourself. I personally play because its the game I grew up playing. If you want to fantasize about medieval times/folklore legends go to a renaissance fair.

I play as well because it's also the game I grew up playing. I played pre-AOS and fell in love with it. At the same time, Ultima Online helped solidify my love for the medieval times.

Our suffering economy? Have you ever played other video games?

The economy is much better here than it is on OSI, and much better than in most of the other video games I've played.

Sure a few people afk farm all day and sell items for IRL cash, but that beats a game where there is an entire industry for abusing automation and selling items for IRL cash. Have you ever heard of chinese gold farming on WoW or GW or ESO or UO or etc etc etc?

Unfortunately, I have no desire to compare UO to other games in terms of economic despair. Each game suffers from its own abuse. Right now I would like to focus on what we can do help reduce AFK-gatherers and reduce the amount of automated scripting. Perhaps the introduction of Felucca may limit some aspects of AFK-gathering and automated scripting? Maybe UO will actually become a challenge to play? Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

Lord Aero

Sorceror
Why not guilds just propose war on each other and fight in Trammel too?

Well, I did think of that for a while and came up with a few reasons why that wouldn't work completely.

First off, in a warring guild, you can be attacked anywhere. Towns wouldn't be safe and players who want to enjoy a chat at the bank would be under constant warfare.

Secondly, motivation would remain a problem and people would stay lax about such an option.

Thirdly, RP wars, while they do work very well, eventually come to a pause. Time management and scheduling takes a lot of time and many players may not be able to play during the proposed time slot.

Fourthly, many of the players who PvP do so in Felucca or within their own guilds.

One of the reasons why I wanted to establish such a discussion is to hint at the possibility of whether people can adapt to a game-wide removal of Trammel. I can certainly sense some form of backlash. My goal is directed towards trying to make UO less script-friendly and more risk-for-the-rewards. One complaint is that UO is a very tedious game and that nobody will want to spend hours squandering away trying to get what they need. Well, the goal doesn't necessarily relate to the complete removal of scripts, but instead focuses on a way that will make people more quick on their feet and less likely to do something else while playing UO.

On a side note, admins wouldn't have to focus 100% on AFK-gatherers. Players would have more options at their disposal to interrupt automated scripts and grief-killing with wild creatures would become literally non-existent.