UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

My thoughts on Statloss

Is statloss for murderers bad for the shard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odium

Wanderer
Re: My thoughts on Statloss

Wow guys we are really at each others throats there.. In light of more recent posts (I've been reading this thread all day, it has a lot to do with the future of our guild); I think we should respect Ryans wishes and just cut the trash talk, post ur opinion and move on.

I reconsidering what I posted earlier. I don't think it should be implemented; instead have a temporary stat loss, like 30 min to an hour? Like factions, only maybe a little more severe.. 25% of all skills cut off. After reading these threads, I can see that stat loss will curb my guild's fighting; which is exaclty the opposite of what we want.

*changed vote to no stat loss* Go Temp stat loss!

tbkiah

Wanderer

I would like to remind everyone incase they got confused with the question, the NO vote is FOR statloss, and the YES vote is AGAINST stat loss.

Odium

Wanderer

Ryan, you should start a new poll.. "Stat loss at 1/4th osi time *or* Temp stat loss (like factions) *or* No stat loss whatsoever.

The Monarch

Knight

Ryan said:
Of course everyone here freaks out when it comes to being held accountable for their actions. If you go out on this shard and you kill someone, you should make the decision when you see them "is this person worth killing". You shouldn't be killing people on this shard like they are a hind in the woods, because that's not going to keep people around, regardless of how easy it is to go restock, because for them it just isn't any fun.
This is pretty strait up and simple. Its obvious the shard is looking towards statloss for three specific reasons. Firstly, statloss would make pking on this shard slow down to some degree and that will increase the amount of pvm which means more economy. Secondly, factioning will become more popular because its an easier alternative to pvp than forgeting to leave your character dead for X amount of hours and having to retrain an otherwise finished character. And lastly, it will make those people on this shard that are soley dedicated to making everyone elses time on this shard as miserable as they possibly can make simply want to quit.

Jenova-gl

Sorceror

Cebrious Arcane said:
Statloss on UOG: Hybrid will:

-Encourage reds to work together.
-Encourages blues to work together against the reds, (especially if there are also bounty boards).
-Increase the faction pvp by having all those who can't handle/don't want to handle the statloss of being a red to find alternative methods of PvP.
-Deter the pointless accumilation of kill counts.
-Discourage the killing of players that will just give a kill count and offer no valuable loot (i.e. miners, new players, roleplayers).
-Give the PKs that still choose to be red more respect on the field, and thus more people that want to hunt them down (always a plus).
-Reduce the amount of bitching from players getting pointlessly PK'd because "pointless" PKing will be significantly reduced as the PKs won't want to get just another kill count.
-Possibly decrease the population slightly, but it would come back and then some when people realize that the PK population is not oppresive.
-Force reds to work together, get organized, get skills, or get the fuck out.
-Increase guild wars and guild loyalty because, as a PK, you can fight and kill those you're war'd with in town, and they can't report you. A double win for the statloss situation.
-Increase honor among PKs.
-Increase blue teamwork to defeat the evil reds.

I support the implementation of statloss on UOG: Hybrid. I think it would benefit the shard as a whole. Sure some players will quit, but other players will come specifically because there is statloss. The only stipulations I made would be to keep the times as reduced as Ryan mentioned before and to keep it so that statloss doesn't occur until you resurrect. Otherwise it is just excessive macroing and that gets really tedious and pointless. 1 hour per short term is not too much, or too little, and would work perfectly for the shard, in my opinion.

Cebrious hit the nail on the head, basically said everything I wanted to say.

Taken a trip to the graveyard lately? It's a bunch of newbie pker's you would never see in your life playing a PK on OSI, ganking newbies and running to a house when real pvpers come by (outnumbered, even numbers, doesn't matter). These people should not be playing PKs. It's the same at moongates, bucs, and dungeons as well. I could never understand how when i'm farming gold reds will in and try to kill my pvm character, but when I recall and bring my pvp character they never stop running. How can someone have fun killing non pvp characters and run from any challenge that comes their way? Implement statloss and it would rid the shard of this kind of trash and help real pvp, factions, warring, o/c etc.

If implemented I suggest:

At least 1 hour per short term count.

The same OSI statloss system, rezzing with 5+ short term murder counts puts you in stat.

A warning box when ressurecting with 5+ shorts so people don't accidentally rez in stat.

A complete wipe of murder counts, not just optional reprieve, a complete wipe. Putting in statloss would actually give meaning to the PK leaderboard. PKing would be a whole new game, and as such I think a complete wipe of counts is necessary.

Can't even imagine how l33t factions would be if every pk joined a faction.

http://my.uogamers.com/viewguild.php?id=3837

coolwhip

Wanderer

Jenova said:

Taken a trip to the graveyard lately? It's a bunch of newbie pker's you would never see in your life playing a PK on OSI, ganking newbies and running to a house when real pvpers come by (outnumbered, even numbers, doesn't matter). These people should not be playing PKs. It's the same at moongates, bucs, and dungeons as well. I could never understand how when i'm farming gold reds will in and try to kill my pvm character, but when I recall and bring my pvp character they never stop running. How can someone have fun killing non pvp characters and run from any challenge that comes their way? Implement statloss and it would rid the shard of this kind of trash and help real pvp, factions, warring, o/c etc.

The same OSI statloss system, rezzing with 5+ short term murder counts puts you in stat.

A warning box when ressurecting with 5+ shorts so people don't accidentally rez in stat.

A complete wipe of murder counts, not just optional reprieve, a complete wipe. Putting in statloss would actually give meaning to the PK leaderboard. PKing would be a whole new game, and as such I think a complete wipe of counts is necessary.

How l33t factions would be are you nuts it would be worst than what it is now gank gank gank tlaking about getting ganked currrazzzzy would never find a good 1vs1

Kanye West

Sorceror

Jenova said:

first of all.... i bet all of you who agree are trammies and dont even have faction chars... factions on this shard is about who has the biggest faction guild and who can gank the best ... infact its pking without being red cause they gank just as much as reds do .. and everyone complains about getting pked while hunting... everytime i hunt and there is more than one red all i have to do is recall if its just one why the hell whould you be scared if you got 2 mares or a dragon and one mare against a red?

Kanye West

Sorceror

the only people i see that want stat loss are bank sitters... tamers who dont pvp... and the people who collect rares

Kanye West

Sorceror

this whats going to happen... add statloss and your going to get rid off all the legit pkers and everyone will go hunting and everyone will get rich and by ice or blazed clothes and sit at the bank all day

Kanye West

Sorceror

Cebrious Arcane said:
You don't get stat loss until you resurrect. All you have to do is macro as a ghost, one hour per Short Term Murder Count, and I'm sure all the Short Terms will be set to 0 if this ever goes into affect.

Statloss would benefit the shard as a whole. Factions need to have varying degrees of skill in them. Many more people would join factions if statloss was implimented because people wouldn't want to risk statloss/macroing time when they could fight for control of the cities.

You're obviously a PK, of sorts, so you should also see that Stat Loss would encourage reds to work together to survive, which was always a great factor back in the day.
you should have anything to say in this forum ... you have a UO girlfriend and you guys hunt together and have a UO marrage

Kanye West

Sorceror

but i bet you dont play your red everyday.. this is for the people whos main char is red and play this shard to pk .. not play there blues to RP.. thanks very much

Shamino45

Wanderer

Don't you play poker all day at brit bank?

No, I do not play my red every day, I do not base an entire game with one aspect of play, I do not believe that UO is nothing but a frag fest that I could get from any other half ass FPS out there, obviously you do.

coolwhip

Wanderer

Rheea said:
I plan to keep him red whether or not stat loss is implemented, thus, i'm a real pk...

I am on my pker 3/4s of the time i'm on uo and i dont want stat loss cause i dont want to do all that waiting or skill gaining its BORING and either you never get on your pk or you do alot of running and recalling cause sooner or later your gonna die its like you chr has been jailed and not being able to play him and i know you trammie ass bitches love that idea but the people who have there fun this way and not banksitting and ganking 24/7 almost or all will quit

Status
Not open for further replies.