UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

My thoughts on Statloss

Is statloss for murderers bad for the shard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

My thoughts on Statloss

I'm not one to typically get involved in discussions like this but I have to stand up and say it, because frankly I think the majority of the players on this shard are pure bred pussies. It's not just because that’s the way they are it’s partially our fault, we've catered to the players so often that they've become expectant of it. It's part of the reason why UO Gamers is so big, and its part of the reason why its so rampant with fuck heads because some times, no not all of the time like some of you whiners like to say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

PK'ers on this shard are not die hard PK'ers they are the pussies that cannot stand to play where there is a consequence for their action, social rejects if you will, that like to go around thinking they are hard asses because the kill a miner who's wearing no clothes and has only ore in his pack and a pickaxe in his hand. They don’t do it for the profit or sport; they do it out of spite. The population of this shard is huge, and it used to be very diverse but now we are running into a situation where only the assholes will survive.

To be honest I would implement stat loss tomorrow if it wouldn’t result in 50% of the people that play this shard quitting. No one wants to work for anything any more, no one plays this game for the FUN that a previous poster mentioned they play this shard because they cant hack it on shard's where skill gain is harder, or where stat loss exists. We are the biggest shard, but in my opinion we are no longer the best shard.

I love and miss what UO Gamers was two years ago, but now I am stuck with this mess of player base. Don't get me wrong, I am making sweeping generalizations and I know that. If you want to complain about me doing it, you will be doing so on deaf ears. I don’t care about complaints any more. I've gotten to the point where I cannot stomach checking my email because people want to whine about the skill gain increases, the reds in town, these things that really have no affect on them, its just that they like to whine.

I proposed a change a few months ago, almost a year ago to introduce stat loss to the shard. My idea was to take long term and short term counts, and cut them in 1/4th. Meaning Short is one hour and long is eight hours. At this point if you are a murderer and you die, you get punished. Of course everyone here freaks out when it comes to being held accountable for their actions. If you go out on this shard and you kill someone, you should make the decision when you see them "is this person worth killing". You shouldn't be killing people on this shard like they are a hind in the woods, because that's not going to keep people around, regardless of how easy it is to go restock, because for them it just isn't any fun.

If you guys actually loved this shard, you'd be cheering for stat loss. It seperates you pussy PK'ers from the PVP'ers. There is a real distinction that exists there, but we don’t have it on Hybrid. If you want to PVP, you should join factions or order/chaos. If you want to PK, you should know you have a shot at getting your ass handed to you for doing so. Implementing stat loss should encourage players to group up, pk's and blues rolling together, order/chaos rolling together and factions rolling together to kill the enemy, be it whoever that is. You guys that are red and are bitching are the people that are NOT PK'ers and are the people that are PVP'ers, but don’t have the self control or skill it takes to join a faction or order/chaos.

Order and Chaos and factions are setup for the people that just like to fight other people to be able to do so without a punishment, which is where the line is drawn.

So my challenge to all of you who are saying that stat loss is bad in this thread is to shut thy mouth and join a faction for unhindered PVP. It is time to separate the men from the boys. Either man up or shut up, I am tried of you people complaining.

In the end, this shard is designed for fun and that means fun for everyone, not just the PVP crowd. As it stands you think everyone can have fun but you a re not accounting for the guys that are miners who get *pwnt* 24x7 by "pk's" that are just trying to have "their fun" and conversely ruining the game for others. We have to find a balance, and wherever that balance is we shall see, I am not saying in this post that stat loss is coming, but I am saying if you want instant gratification my suggestion is find a new shard or go play Guild Wars because eventually this shard will not be the place for you. UO Gamers is about fun, not just for PVP'ers and PK'ers but for everyone. This is not trammel but this is not Quake either and in the coming weeks months you will see a balance coming into play.

R

Ryan

Re: My thoughts on Statloss

Only vote and post:

WHY YOU ARE FOR OR AGAINST, anyone posting useless trash is banned.

UO:Gamers Hybrid needs stat loss. It will re-spark the risk and fun involved with UO, and in my eyes the shard will only continue to grow, not decrease.

Stat loss + Bounty board = YES!

Terron

Knight

Accountability is never outdated, players have the threat of being killed at random from other players, the best presented solution to balance the current lop-sided system is statloss, thereby making people consider if negative actions against a player (and a possible impending death) are worth the means to do so.

Bubbster

Wanderer

Eh? It personally doesn't matter to me, with or without stat loss I'm still pking so do whatever the majority wants to do.

Slopko

Wanderer

I don't want statloss here, but if it happens can you compromise and allow no stat loss for pks if they die in a dungeon? OSI tried it, and it really brought life back into pvp in dungeons. It's not like people farming gold in dungeons are defenseless miners. Also I think the reason this server's economy is so great is because pks keep farming tamers in check. As it is now, you can't farm gold 24/7 with little risk, but if stat loss is introduced, it will be much safer, and you will see people's bank accounts sky rocket.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror

I voted Yes. Would bring meaning back to pking, instead of mindless pking just for the hell of it.

And put in the bounty system.

peteliv

Knight

Against Stat Loss.
Too many people are already red, unless a shard wide reprieve is issued, that wouldn't be right. And it would just make it more like trammel in that less reds would show up. I have great fun in fighting murderers in brit cem. If stat loss in introduced, that would mean less reds to fight.

TehRox

Wanderer

I want stat loss because it will enforce skilled murderers and if someone really wants to pk people it can make people get better and make the people who dont want any risk, turn blue

Also if this is enforced please let all murderers have a option to turn blue

Azareil

Sorceror

Okay, I'm not for statloss because it would ruin the RP on this shard. The shard would suddenly be about who has the most items. (It's already pretty ridiculous when there's a guild that's objective is bank sitting.)
Now then, let's also look at Statloss in a realistic manner. If I murdered someone, I don't think the court would say "You're losing 5% of your skills, good luck macroing off your murder count!" No, they would say "Go to jail." And in Jail, I could either wait my term out or attempt an escape.
I would think it'd be very interesting if some sort of jail system is implemented. A good one, not some "Iwillnotmurder" thing. Make a new area, or convert a town that's hardly used, Occlo for example, into a jail town. Make it possible to escape, but make it difficult. In certain cases, this would be a bit more fun. In the end though for RPers, It makes no sense. "Ah ha! Orc! Thou hast been killed! Go to jail!" Erm.... I don't think that's how it works, nor does "Ah ha! Orc! Thou hast been vanquished! Lost 5% of your skills for being an orc!"

snaggle

Sorceror

Im all for statloss for reds due to the fact that there will be concequences for your actions but only if it is at like 1/4 pf osi time like stated in the post. If it couldnt be for the 1/4 time maybe a little less then osi times due to I like to play my pk solo alot and I get tired of being ganked by other reds. That way if some reds like to kill other reds I wont have to wait too long to be able to play again

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

If you do it, More factions, more organized pvp

If you dont do it, more random pks, more pointless pks...

whats the better idea :p

MDK=MDGAY

Wanderer

I actually think it would be a cool addition, BUT ONLY IF, All counts are wiped before this goes in to effect, otherwise it's just not fair

im against it because not everyones red is there primary char, and if u wanna pvp with stat loss involved, u either get to macro ur red all day or regain ur skills, i voted yes, it is bad

Lorthic

Knight

I am against this simply because of the fact that, yes, the people of this shard have been pampered, and to have the game-play so drastically changed would not only negatively effect the outlook of the players--it may also lose numbers on this shard, as well.

I believe that while your heart is in the right place, these players are not yet ready to accept something such as this. This is something you should build up to, Ryan, and not drop on their heads right away.

Just my two cents.

Lord Brandon

Wanderer

i think it could work out, im red myself but after the siege rules implemntation it seems that every person who plays the shard has a red and is usually lame with them

ramrod

Wanderer

well if you we get stat lose are you gonna make the murderers all gonna go blue hnd have a fresh start that only fair way i can think to do it

Lorthic

Knight

And if you DO decide o implement stat-loss, then it should be for a specified time period, and not permanently. I remember when we had this discussion with Ken and Mark months back, and we decided that it would be better to have stat-loss last an hour @ 33.3% (same as factions), rather than permanently, simply because of, as we've both stated, the playerbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.