UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

My fellow Role Players, Come and listen

Sintoo

Sorceror
Hmm...strange, looks to me like you didnt answer anything of the things I was wondering about, asking or made slight insinuations to.

Now this is only your thread wich you've started so I mean why should you care to read everything and answer to justified questions about things wich you've stated.

(Can you feel the irony!)

So I guess what happend could be one of these many reasons you will just have to tell me wich one it is.

1. You havent read it cause your to busy.
2. You havent read it cause maybe you've missed it.
3. You did read it but you just felt that you were above it to answer any of it.
4. You read it and havent managed to answer any of the questions so why the hell write about it then right?
5. Reading and answering questions isint your strong side.
6. You read halfway through it and made up your mind that the imbecille writing that horse shit wasent worth the aggrevation and stopped right there and then.
7. You read through it finding a point here and there that might have some value, but yet you choose to discard it anyway.
8. You did read through it and sent me a most entertaining PM that hasent arrived yet, that will answer all my questions and curiosity.
9. You forgot to answer, you forgetful you. TeeHee.
10. Your ignoring it.
11. You did read it.

Anywaaaaays...about my stripblub/gambling den/tavern.
I was thinking that we could hold fights as one sort of gambling, you know "boxing", knife fights and the glorified I HAVE BETTER ITEMS THEN YOU NOOB! duke out. That would allow some people to get their aggressions out in their most fasionable PVP way and it would be in roleplaying terms and not make a real fuss around in the town, just real "civalized" and competitive. Wich might lure a few more people into this. This would also bring in anouther roleplaying type....the happy and jolly gladiator/I fight for money cause I rock! kind of character.

I also thought about having bouncers, dealers (you know card game dealers) for diffrent games, and maybe a live band you know letting people roleplay as other things then the usual general store clerk without all this loud fighting thing going on.

Just some ideas I thought of that might give some inspiration one way or the other.

PEACE!

*EDIT*
Oh I forgot, would be cool with a museum aswell and I dont mean one of those look at all my arties wich I've spent way to much time on acquring. Though they could be there aswell that would be cool. But what I meant is a sort of more made up kind of museum. Putting a goblet on a pidestal and hanging a bulletin board on the side of it explaining what it is and where it come from. Like the holy grail or something you get the idea.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Oh I see, exactly what part of my attitude? The enthuastic one that tries to throw some ideas into the air and getting zip, nada and jack shit to show.

Or the part of me thats asking straight questions about things that you've commented and stated facts about and yet have managed to show no proof or even tried to explain why you think these things?

Hmmm...yeah...I'm an asshole.
You not answering my questions isint really gonna make me all jolly ol good and happy if that was your strategy.

Missha Wong

Wanderer
Sintoo said:
Oh I see, exactly what part of my attitude? The enthuastic one that tries to throw some ideas into the air and getting zip, nada and jack shit to show.

The condescending tone as if he were an idiot or retarded, that's the problem.

Sintoo said:
Or the part of me thats asking straight questions about things that you've commented and stated facts about and yet have managed to show no proof or even tried to explain why you think these things?

You addressed him with mockery and smartass tone. Also, your questions showed a great deal of ignorance, as if you did not actually read his post. Your example of the elf and orc shows your lack of understanding on what Viriiguy's proposal is all about.

Sintoo said:
Hmmm...yeah...I'm an asshole.
You not answering my questions isint really gonna make me all jolly ol good and happy if that was your strategy.

He is not trying to please you. Simply he understands his proposal is not a bag of gold coins as to be able to please everyone. Simply, his proposal is not aimed at people like yourself and he won't bother to try and please you.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Ahh now we're getting somewhere.

I admit to have used a condescending tone wich I do think I'm entitled to since you guys said our community had strange ideals, we were just doing it wrong and insinuated that it was filled with crap. For no reason (atleast thats the way it seem right off now since you dont seem to take the time to answer these questions).
Then the fact that I'm being ignored and not given a single proper answer dont really make me want to be an understanding and better person.

But seeing that you we're the one stating one of this things why dont you explain yourself?

So far I've made more proposals and ideas on this community then any of you...if we can look beyond the almighty and genius idea of write yourself a background. So just let me say...That its the best idea ever! OMG OMG OMG! without all the horsedung! yay!

About the orc and elf I was just stating my opinion on what I think is more as you guys would put it TRUE RP, seeing that was what you were going for and tried to explain the fighting part of it that you knocked down on saying that it was PVP not RP. So if there was someone that didnt read it probably or shows lack of understanding I would have to say that would be you.

I apolgize to Viriiguy if he took any offence. (Wich I actually hope you did)

Simply, his proposal is not aimed at people like yourself and he won't bother to try and please you.

What kind of people am I then? enlighten me.
I'm not asking him to please me, I'm asking him to answer justifed questions. If he can make statements about something without explaining himself I can atleast ask him to explain himself about it.

The end...for now. ;)

ViriiGuy said:
Well put.

yeah I know where you can put it. Hehe sorry I couldent resist.

The end for real now.

[Drakull]

Knight
Sintoo said:
*EDIT*
Oh I forgot, would be cool with a museum aswell and I dont mean one of those look at all my arties wich I've spent way to much time on acquring. Though they could be there aswell that would be cool. But what I meant is a sort of more made up kind of museum. Putting a goblet on a pidestal and hanging a bulletin board on the side of it explaining what it is and where it come from. Like the holy grail or something you get the idea.

I like your idea about the museum... In fact, I'm offering you to set my house as museum where to display all your arties.... :) I'll take care of all the decoration with one of my gm carpenters.

Missha Wong

Wanderer
Sintoo said:
I'm not asking him to please me, I'm asking him to answer justifed questions. If he can make statements about something without explaining himself I can atleast ask him to explain himself about it.

Just one of the reasons on why leave PvP out of RP: Endorsing PvP will attract people who will use RP as an excuse for killing. "Oh! I was just roleplaying a bully! Bullies are supposed to beat people up and take their stuff!". Yes, fighting and warring can be roleplayed, but it's better if we don't have to deal with the crappy side of it. Also, this is intended as a peaceful community; the presence of the word "peaceful" should have been more than enough.

If you couldn't figure that out and demanded an explanation, you are better in your own community; don't bother to play on this one. All other unexplained things are easily figured out by the group of people this proposal is aimed at.

[Drakull]

Knight
Questions about the rpg town:

1) Will justified kills be allowed in the town's rpg gaming (I mean keeping the whole RP attitude)? Example: A really really evil character has a conflict with another one and hires an assasin or tries to poison his food...
2) How it will be organized also to allow other actions that are not supposed to be allowed in trammel (yes, I'm talking about things like thievery)?
3) In case that thievery is allowed and in order to preserve the RP spirit, will insurance be disallowed for the chars playing their RP characters (so thieves can really steal things and, if caught "in fraganti", could be punished and the item retrieved back even if that means killing the thief)?
4) Will law enforcement/justice be stablished to enforce the law? (it can even include a jail where characters will be confined if captured) In that case, will be punished the use of "non-rp" ways to escape from it?

Thank you for the answers in the name of all thieves, assasins and evil characters around ;)

Sintoo

Sorceror
Wow I really liked how you answered...um...none of my questions.
Why you qouted that text there I will wonder for some time now. But seeing that its I that dont read the posts appearently, you'll gladly point that out to me wont you?.

As for no PVP I'm ok with that it was just the fact that viriiguy said that PVP is not RP and thats what I was commenting on. But seeing that as I dont read, but you do, You knew that. The only PVP I tried to bring into this community was the gambling kind I talked about just a few posts from this one. So the argument about questions not being answered yada yada you insinuaton our community was filled with crap was way before that and still wants answeres.

So answer my questions in the comming posts would you please?

Oh and I'm also well aware of the "Oh! I was just roleplaying a bully! Bullies are supposed to beat people up and take their stuff!". problem you spoke off, as you surely know (since you read posts and I dont) I tried to make it perfectly clear in the community we we're maing that stuf like that wasent allowed and that roleplaying should always be used first before any other shit was pulled or even thought about.
But the whole taking stuff scenario you actually think just from not allowing PVP someone wont make a character join the guild kill someone and steal their stuff?
Just because you wont allow someone to PVP I dont think that will scare away the guys that would actually take someones stuff. Then you could just not allow not taking stuff and all would be dandy, or maybe I'm just way off. It happens I dont read the posts so I dont know what I'm writing about.

Now that was some condescending stuff. I was going to put in a few more pointers to the whole "I dont read, but you do" But to be honest I wouldent read em anyway later on so I didnt see the point.

If you couldn't figure that out and demanded an explanation

Thats so funny...

Sintoo said:
As for no PVP I'm ok with that it was just the fact that viriiguy said that PVP is not RP and thats what I was commenting on.

Since you're so observant and have obviously read my posts from top to bottm, I suppose you just happened to miss where I said,

ViriiGuy said:
I was reffering to a supposed RP battle that I was in hiding watching. Whilst I was there all I saw was "U Noob!!" "I Pwn U" and " U SUCK"

As for the rest of yours and Drakull's questions I believe ALL of your questions have been answered in a very straight forward manner. PEACEFUL RP. If this is not what you want, (obviously) move along as you are not wanted in this town.

See I don't know if you really just cannot grasp the idea of the RP town, or if your just trying to be an asshat and piss me off. The town is not about fighting, warring stealing etc etc etc. It is about being a town with live shops, and live entertainment and interaction. Why on gods green earth you cannot grasp this idea is beyond me. But if it is not what you're looking for then leave it be.

End of Subject.

[Drakull]

Knight
ViriiGuy said:
As for the rest of yours and Drakull's questions I believe ALL of your questions have been answered in a very straight forward manner. PEACEFUL RP. If this is not what you want, (obviously) move along as you are not wanted in this town.

See I don't know if you really just cannot grasp the idea of the RP town, or if your just trying to be an asshat and piss me off. The town is not about fighting, warring stealing etc etc etc. It is about being a town with live shops, and live entertainment and interaction. Why on gods green earth you cannot grasp this idea is beyond me. But if it is not what you're looking for then leave it be.

1) Viriiguy, I was totally serious in my questions, not trying to piss off anyone, and I would really appreciate if you avoid calling things like asshat and similar stuff.
2) I perfectly understand the concept of a RP city, the questions I made were originated by your initial post, where you say as follows:
ViriiGuy said:
This town does not have restrictions on
class, race or equipment. But we do have some rules.
Your last answer is totally contradicting that statement, as you are stating that thieves, assasins and other kind of character classes are not welcome to join such community.
3) As I said before, my comments are not intended to piss off anyone, I was just wanting to clarify if the kind of character that I was planning on using was going to be an acceptable one or not. Your answer have let perfectly clear that rogues/thieves/assasins no matter how into the RP might be are not accepted, so question solved.
4) It will be much simpler if from a start you stated that NOT ALL CLASSES are accepted in such community and basically just crafters and "good doers" classes will be welcome.

Thank you and good luck with the community.

Sintoo

Sorceror
ViriiGuy said:
Since you're so observant and have obviously read my posts from top to bottm, I suppose you just happened to miss where I said,

Oh yes sir I noted it all to well, I also noted

ViriiGuy said:
We are not setting up warring guilds, we are not posing restrictions on skills or
equipment as I have said earlier. We are simply going for a TRUE RP community. If you want to war and firght, then join any guild or go to Fel.

Wich states that PVP wouldent be RP. Wich was the thing that I commented on. I wasent questiong the state that you werent allowing PVP, I've also commented on that thing in the last few posts now. But you surely knew that.

ViriiGuy said:

You havent answered any of my questions as I see it. Well except the PVP question wich I didnt even ask, you actually wrote it like I did ask it and somehow made it like I wanted PVP into the community when all I was doing was trying to explain how PVP would infact be RP since you said it would not be.

The only PVP I've tried to endorse as I stated earlier was after this argument even came to surface and that was the dueling kind in an attempt to maybe attract a few more people into your community and in the same time spare you off the no fights in town as you said since they would be hold in an event. It was just an idea.

ViriiGuy said:
There are many players out there who would like to try their hand at RP, but don't because they do not know how, don't know anyone to show them the ropes, or are turned away by our own internal conflicts.

Oh I'm not turned away I'm simply not being let in.

ViriiGuy said:
move along as you are not wanted in this town.

The funny thing is I'm just asking why our previous community was being called filled with crap, what kind of strange ideals it had that you wrote and what we we're doing wrong as you also wrote.

Yet you seem to avoid these questions as plauge.This only leads me to believe you were talking out of your ass and dont have any real answers to them. Let me remind these are things you STATED you werent saying that it was your opinion, or implying anything, you clearly wrote

ViriiGuy said:
I have seen alot of interest lately in such a town, but I fear many are going about it wrong, or with strange ideals.

So do me a favor would you please, read my posts and answer my questions.
That is all I ask.

PEACE

Ok Drakull, I am sorry for lumping you into that. I truely do appologize, but Sintoo had me more than a little bit pissed off.

As for your questions,

1) Will justified kills be allowed in the town's rpg gaming (I mean keeping the whole RP attitude)? Example: A really really evil character has a conflict with another one and hires an assasin or tries to poison his food...

This really is not the idea we had in mind for the town no. The idea behind the town is somewhere that others can enoy the lighter side of RP. A simple working community of shops and houses.

2) How it will be organized also to allow other actions that are not supposed to be allowed in trammel (yes, I'm talking about things like thievery)?

Again, not really the idea behind the town. Which is why we built the town in Trammel.

3) In case that thievery is allowed and in order to preserve the RP spirit, will insurance be disallowed for the chars playing their RP characters (so thieves can really steal things and, if caught "in fraganti", could be punished and the item retrieved back even if that means killing the thief)?

No matter what ever happens in the future, I am firmly against such restrictions. If it is in the game, you are allowed to use it.

4) Will law enforcement/justice be stablished to enforce the law? (it can even include a jail where characters will be confined if captured) In that case, will be punished the use of "non-rp" ways to escape from it?

At current no. First we need to focus on making the town work at it's most basic level. If in a few months, year or whatever, if then we have a large following, and the players wish to pursue the lawful and evil route, then we will consider it. But at current we need to layout the basic foundations and make the town work.

Again, Sorry Drakull, but your post came in at a bad time.

Sintoo, The pvp/rp I was referring to was the type of battles I watched while hidden. It was your stereotypical my johnson is bigger than your johnson junk.

The strange ideals etc etc etc imho are the restrictions on armour and skills. Why would you restrict the game mechanics int he name of RP, when you are role playing in a world of magic and magical armour?

My basic comment to end all comments is this. If the town and it's ideals are not inline with your thinking, then we are not the community for you. As we are unwaivering in our ideals.

Now if you wish to first of all stop trying to treat me like an idiot, and second of all go along with the plan of the town, then you are welcome to join. But if these do not agree with you, then you should move on and forget about it.

Personally I do not care one way or the other.

WarriorMan

Wanderer
well that was all a good 10 minutes of readi8ng for me lol umm viriiguy check my house then just go to where the bridge is crossing the river dont cross it just go up and follow the river you'll see it its right beside the river then pm me if you want me to chance anything or somthing like that if i rember you said you wanted to check houses.

PraWN

Wanderer
Can everyone stop throwing tantrums and try to get along please? If you don't like someones ideas, there is no need to make negative comments about it... I didn't really like the ideas either to be honest, but it's growing on me. I respect Viriiguy and understand what he's trying to do. Personally I think we should all be congratulating and supporting him on what he's trying to do, as it's broadening the roleplaying community as a whole

Now for those of you who think different, hopefully something different is coming along for you soon... ;)