UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

My fellow Role Players, Come and listen

My fellow Role Players, Come and listen

Welcome and Well met travelers,

Many of you may know me, I am DoLittle and for some months I have run
the Komodo Tavern. Well times change and communities come and go.
I was the mayor of Emerald Glenn, a RP Town that has since dissolved due
to it's residents leaving these lands.

Myself and Cameron have been working on scouting locations for a TRUE RP
community, a place in which those of us who are like minded can share in the
spirit of RP, share in the community and share in the folklore of these great
lands. I have seen alot of interest lately in such a town, but I fear many are
going about it wrong, or with strange ideals.

Having been a part of a few RP towns on OSI, and having been involved with
the RP community here on Demise since I came to these lands, I feel it is time
to make our little plan and town public.

North Point is the name of our great land, and soon to be great town. The
town is not meant to be a warring city, this would not be RP, this would be
PVP. If you want PVP, go to Fel. This town does not have restrictions on
class, race or equipment. But we do have some rules.

First, if you wish to join our town, you MUST MUST MUST pm me with your
RP Profile. I.E. Who your person is, what do they do, what is their history?
If you join the town you are expected to set up a home that fits your person.
A blacksmith would run a blacksmith shop, a tailor would run a tailor shop,
etc etc etc. Also, the Size, design and contents of the house may not exceed
your players capabilities. What we mean is a hermit will not own a castle.
They would likely live in a small small shack. Also House placement and design
will need to be approved by myself or Cameron so that the natural flow of the
town is continued in it's design.

You will be expected to be in the town acting your role for at LEAST 3 hours
per week. Also if you are logged into your RP char, anywhere on the shard,
you will be required to be In charachter, again acting your role. While you do
not have to always speak with the and thou etc etc, I expect not to EVER
see OMG I am so LEET!!! Or the like.

We are not setting up warring guilds, we are not posing restrictions on skills or
equipment as I have said earlier. We are simply going for a TRUE RP community. If you want to war and firght, then join any guild or go to Fel.

So a short recap,
The town is placed and mapped out. If you wish to join you MUST pm me with
your RP players profile. The rules are simple, We (Cameron and I) have final
say on any houses placed, and Deco'd. This is to keep the town looking like a
real town. If you Jion the town you will be expected to participate and RP in
and out of the town. We are for the most part good folks who like to help
our fellow players.

If after reading this, you think this sounds right for you, please feel free to
post in this topic and then PM me your profile.

I will also address any questions you may have in this thread.
Thank you and Blessed Be,
DoLittle

*Applauds* Finally it seems as though a lasting RP community has come along!
I will be sure to contact you about joining your community.

P.S. If you need help with setting up any of it, I would be more than welcomed to help!

Alot of planning has gone into this, and I am sure it will work out just fine.
There are some people interested who seem to be very much into the RP
spirit. This leads me to believe that North Point will make it.

To those that have PM'd me, I will get back to you I promise. Just not tonight
and probably not this weekend. Technically I am on a 2 week vacation from
UO to clear some projects off my bench, but we all know how that goes :)

Thanks everyone for the interest, and Jake I look forward to your Profile.

DoLittle

PraWN

Wanderer
Sounds good, but I disagree with the whole no fighting rule to be honest. Roleplaying fighting is just as fun to me as any other form of roleplaying. It just needs to be controlled properly, which it can be. Another thing is, without a fight now and then what is everybody going to do? Stand around and talk? Don't get me wrong, it's just that I feel that fighting should always be apart of roleplaying no matter how big or small.

And by the way, I was rather offended when reading your original post as you said "TRUE RP" and other such things: It implies that the rest of us, who have been trying to set up such a community, can't roleplay and that we should just all give up because we're all failures... Which I also disagree with! Well, thanks for your support... :(

Missha Wong

Wanderer
PraWN said:
without a fight now and then what is everybody going to do? Stand around and talk?

We need no warmongering. Yes, we will stand around and talk in character. That's the main part of roleplaying, and the most fun. I used to play on an elitist RP shard where you had to outline your character, do an extensive background story for your character and stuff or you would not get an account. It used to have only 2 or 3 people online at the time I played, and I had a lot of fun just hanging around and talking in character. I had a job as lumberjack and bowcrafter, and had regular clients for my arrows, which I gladly crafted and sold to them.

PraWN said:
And by the way, I was rather offended when reading your original post as you said "TRUE RP" and other such things: It implies that the rest of us, who have been trying to set up such a community, can't roleplay and that we should just all give up because we're all failures... Which I also disagree with! Well, thanks for your support... :(

This is the first decent RP proposal I have read. I consider it True RP and I think all others trying to set up an RP community have no clue of what roleplaying means.

pbguy434

Knight
Missha Wong said:
This is the first decent RP proposal I have read. I consider it True RP and I think all others trying to set up an RP community have no clue of what roleplaying means.
I would have to agree 100%. The pirates sure do own Yew still!

Merberol

Wanderer
hmm .. i think a paus to ponder would be wise or esle this might end up an flaming kontest .. wich none of us want .

now i have something to say to you all .. there is no right way to role play and no wrong .. and any who think so has to re value their veiws of roleplaying . there is a whole lot of playstyles out there .. and this forum is going for the non conflikt one .. and that shuld be respekted.

and some of us maybe want more out of roleplaying than talking and crafting .. well thats their perogative ..

and about them who wanto pvp can go to fell ... well there is a diferens between PvP and in charakter konflikts .. if you wish to know it youst ask but if you dont care ... atleast dont flame those who do understand the diference and accually enjoy that aspekt of rpg .

one last thing .. there is a diferense between war mongering and role playing. if i were war mongering id tell you lot how wrong you are to only want a peacefull town and that any real rpg guild would be one that can roleplay peace aswell as war .. one that has an true open mind to roleplaying and to all maner of play styles ... but i wont . i will say one to each own and untill we sit and talk like adults about letting everyone play together in a comunity with common rules both rules in peace times and R.O.E .. we akordoing to me will never have A comunty of roleplayers but many who wont beable to interakt due to insurmountable diferanses..

Viriiguy ill write down the charakters and the rpg idea of my guild and send it to you . asap .

PraWN

Wanderer
Missha Wong said:
Well I disagree. Who are you to tell us what roleplaying is and what it isn't? I roleplayed in both an orc guild and a town guild back in the days before UOR, and they frequently raided each other whilst staying in character and it was the most fun we'd ever had online. I do see your reasons for not wanting any fighting, I just wish it was different... :(

Maybe a solution to this could be for those of us who do want fighting within the community to set up a replica town in Felucca? Then it really would be like any other NPC town, as it would be on both facets and have the same rules as the two facets... As in, fighting allowed in Felucca and no fighting allowed in Trammel. What do you think?

I'm more than willing to put all I have into such a community. By myself if I must, but I will get it done!

Ok ok ok, now hold on.
Before this turns into a huge flame war allow me to explain something.
I meant absolutly NO disrespect to anyone out there. But when I said
TRUE RP, I was reffering to a supposed RP battle that I was in hiding watching. Whilst I was there all I saw was "U Noob!!" "I Pwn U" and " U SUCK"

Now things like this are not RP. And as I have said to others, If you want to fight and have conflicts in an RP fashion I have no problems with it, so long as A. It does not take place in North Point Village and B. It is not in the name of North Point Village. We are a peaceful town, and a peaceful people.

As for my go to Fel comments, It just simply makes more sense for you to have an RP town in fel if conflict is what you are looking for. I will certainly support and back you if you should wish to make one. I am not against any role players, as a matter of fact I believe we ALL need to help one another out. The Role Player community of this shard needs every bit of help it can get. There are many players out there who would like to try their hand at RP, but don't because they do not know how, don't know anyone to show them the ropes, or are turned away by our own internal conflicts.

Now with that said, I hope that this thread can turn back to it's original direction.

Thank you,
DoLittle

PraWN

Wanderer
I wasn't intending to flame at all, I was just voicing my opinion and the way I felt..
TRUE RP, I was reffering to a supposed RP battle that I was in hiding watching. Whilst I was there all I saw was "U Noob!!" "I Pwn U" and " U SUCK"
Well in that case, I agree! I've never been involved in such a battle and if I had been, there would be no way that I would condone that sort of behaviour during a roleplay battle.

So say that some of us were to set up a North Point Village (Felucca) would you object to this? I saw that you don't want fighting in the name of North Point Village, but this would be on a different facet and so technically have a different name... North Point Village (Trammel) and North Point Village (Felucca) just like any other town. I feel it would be best for the small roleplaying community we have to band and stick together as best we can, rather than completely seperate and create even smaller groups.

No you do not have to join the NPV Guild, There are a couple guilds interested in joining the town.

As for the Felucca NPV, I would prefer honestly if you came up with a differant name so there is no confusion. But we can talk more about this later.

DoLittle

dead-eye

Knight
i agree with most of this except for,

where the hell can i find cameron?!?!?!?

whats his forum name? and hes never on anymore.

and if ur on so much u should read my well thought out background story.

and yes i broke this rule but i plced a house there already but i needed extra storage so its movable at any time and at any ones command.

sorry about that.

its a log cabin type of house. next to the tavern.

hopefully it will be fine. and if u dont like log cabin i can redeisign it,

thanks

Merberol

Wanderer
the main thing you could do with a fell town is to place them in coresponding places ... place a tavern in fell on the exakt spot where the tram one is .. and such . and let the ppl of northpoint and the ppl of the felucca mirror town interakt with eachother ,,, this is an idea i would be willing to spen a whole lot of time to make real ...

and it would unite the rprs of demise to a more unified comunity .

and it would be perfekt for those of us who want both to play in a peacefull nice town and in a town of more grim charakter ...

in shot im with prawn

WarriorMan

Wanderer
hmm sounds fun i think ill make a fisher for the town expect a profile for him soon

hmmm as far as the replica town in fel it just sounds like it would split the party in 2 and make it a mcuh better chance of failing due to low activity cuase there only half the amotun in each town

Sintoo

Sorceror
Lets start this reply with a friendly hello.

a place in which those of us who are like minded can share in the
spirit of RP, share in the community and share in the folklore of these great
lands. I have seen alot of interest lately in such a town, but I fear many are
going about it wrong, or with strange ideals.

First of what makes you think you can comment on any of this, from what I know you havent participated in any of this, atleast not the commmunity I was in as far as I know.

What was wrong? and what strange ideals? Where they wrong cause they did'nt suit your own personal needs and in that case that made them strange.

Dude. Eff yew.

The
town is not meant to be a warring city, this would not be RP, this would be
PVP. If you want PVP, go to Fel. This town does not have restrictions on
class, race or equipment. But we do have some rules.

Whats not RP about fighting? Please explain this to me oh great wise master.
If a orc meets an elf what are they supposed to do? dance the lambada and caress eachouther and read poems?

I think PVP is indeed RP. Makes more sense then having orcs, elfs, undead and humans living with eachouther. If you play as an orc I think you should behave like an orc.
Ofcourse you could always write something in the lines of "was raised with humans since a young age" yada yada, but after having 10 persons with that background it starts to get abit old you know.

This town does not have restrictions on
class, race or equipment.
This I have to say is the first time I dont have a problem with the no restrictions on the equipment part, since there wont be any warring with eachother, though still will seem strange seeing people running around in their TOT gear claiming to be a poor Gothic merchant or something like that.

Now to what I found to be the most entertaining bit of this is...all of you that has posted (this is not the exact words and they're abit exaggerated but you get the point) OMG WOW THIS IS LIKE THE SMARTEST GREATEST IDEA EVER OH PLEASE LET ME RUB MY FACE AGAINST YOUR DIVINED ASS, THIS IS SO TRUE RP!...I mean the dude wrote that you should make a background for your character...he didnt declare world peace. I dont get it, what part makes this THE BOMB DIGGITY, and the other ideas, I quote
Woah! A real RP community without all the crap ^_^

I still dont get it. You write your backgrounds...and ITS THE BEST IDEA EVER?! whoa...
If I'm not mistaken all of you was in the same RP guild before aswell?...hmmm...

Before this turns into a huge flame war allow me to explain something.
I meant absolutly NO disrespect to anyone out there. But when I said
Yeah I'm aware that this sort of thing happend I witnessed it aswell but what are you going to do, wasent my guilds problem they werent in my guild. What makes you think that this wont happen just because you dont have PVP? sure you'll dont have to deal with alot of problem and immaturity that comes with that people cant take a loss and that they have to "prove" themself.

I support all kind of roleplaying in UO. Without roleplaying I can honestly say I wouldent even have been interested in starting playing UO again.
But you guys seroiusly need to drop the high and mighty attitude, shit I might be wrong but thats just the way I feel.

Oh one more thing could I join with a orc bar owner/stripclub/gambling den kind of character? The whole archer/blacksmith/fisher/beggar and so on thing just doesnt go with me and I mean how many general stores can one town really have. ;) Just wondering, could be kind of cool to rest my heels when needed to...oh...and need strippers :p Seeing that the Tree top tavern of yours seem to attract abit more exquisite kind of crowd I thought the more down to earth roughnecks could use a place to relax aswell.
Plus you'd get a more unsuaul diffring kind of character to your community.

I wasent really going to post about this and just let it slide but hell I was being bored, I've probably overlooked alot of things so I'll get back to you on that.

PEACE!

[OOC]

Hello again,

I keep recieveing messages asking for my input, so here it is.

This is what I want for North Point Village....
I want only those who TRUELY wish to roleplay to join. If you can be in role,
and wish to give to to community (I.E. your time) then come join. I don't care if you pvp or not but it does not go on IN the town, nor does it go on in the town or communities name, as we are a peaceful people. Plain and simple.

Now on a mirror town in Fel, NO.
Plain and simple no. You may not make a copy of North Point in Fel. We can work together without being a mirror town. If you need help with layout and ideas, no problem just ask. But do not just copy our town.

There are a few reasons that I am saying this.
First of all, alot of work has gone into our designs. And I do not wish it copied.
Second, Diversity is the spice of life. If there are two copies of the same thing, why would anyone go to them both?
Third, I think it is just tacky to take someone else's work and copy it.

Like I said, we can work together for the community without being exactly the same.