UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I've never been so ashamed...

Trashcan77

Sorceror
Re: I've never been so ashamed...

its all good cause obama can run this country straight to hell and people will love him for it anything that goes wrong he can blame the previous presidents mess and he cant clean it up cause its so bad

The Noid

Wanderer

Ron Paul is a racist, and a laissez faire free market system is the worst thing possible due to unchecked greed of human nature

welkopole

Sorceror

Yep Ryan, It is a Dark Day in American History. But on the bright side can we get a red "my president is a commie" sash?

Trashcan77;1765984 said:
its all good cause obama can run this country straight to hell

I could have sworn you meant to say George W(Worst) Bush instead of obama. Either that or it just fits...

SyxSyxSyx;1765974 said:
800 million our government lends out from tax payers to save OUR economy, how much money have we spent on the war on terror while Iraq builds a huge surplus? you cant always do what everyone wants so you need to do what is best for the people, get out of iraq save our country... Id rather see more jobs in american and more people with homes then people who are free in iraq. I agree that all should be free, but we cant hurt americans to save the world. I wanted Mccain to win, but since we got Obama im looking for ward to see what he does, hopefully i made the wrong choice when i voted, I can give him a chance ... I guess i have too

The Humane choice vs. the Patriotic decision is one topic that greatly affected the way I leaned in this election.

I agree about the funds we are spending in Iraq is outrageous and the Iraqi Surplus is even more ridiculous, but what are we to do? Hey Iraq! we overthrew your government and gave you a new one, now pay up!

At this point I believe it is too late to pull out. Everyone wants our boys serving to come home, but if they do, will we be willing to allow another regime to take over Iraq? I believe if we continue to slowly withdraw, but maintain some sort of presence there, we will be able to have a strong relationship with Iraq, which would hopefully lead to our countries being able to use each other was resources.
(I.e creation of jobs, cheaper resources, etc.)

If our economy regains control and begins to steady, wiIll we come home to our homes, turn on CNN, and read the headlines "Iraqi Government Overthrown." or "Iraq in Ruins."

Then we as a country would, once again, be criticized for our actions for leaving Iraq. (Similar to the treatment we received when we first went there.)

War on Iraq - Not so great, but we got Sadaam.
War on Terror - Oh hey we still haven't found Osama.

I am glad individuals are as optimistic about our Countries future as I am.

Heres to our countries infrastructure being rebuilt, and stabilized.

Obviously throwing money at the problem is not the answer. Sometimes you need to be humble enough to realize that you need to cut your losses at some point. We may need to stay in the same capacity as we have in Korea, but hopefully it won't take as long & hopefully it won't take as many lives of American soldiers.

Sheivan01

Knight

OBAMA IS REPTILIAN.

http://xenophilius.wordpress.com/2008/07/02/mccain-and-obama-reptilian-aliens/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IinXNf87_rA

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23315

Emotion's Ghost;1766001 said:
Obviously throwing money at the problem is not the answer. Sometimes you need to be humble enough to realize that you need to cut your losses at some point. We may need to stay in the same capacity as we have in Korea, but hopefully it won't take as long & hopefully it won't take as many lives of American soldiers.

Agreed; I dont think it is truly a loss, but a investment.

I believe we are at the point where the Iraqi government should take the initiative, and their damned surplus, and learn to not only support themselves, but to choose the best decisions for ALL of their citizens, and not show any bias towards a specific demography.

amish_ned

Sorceror

YAY!! I cant wait to pay more in taxes and pay for every crack addict and her sister and auntie to be on welfare.

..and watch my small buisness go down the shit pot because, I'm not big buisness.

YAY!!!

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

Testament;1765964 said:
I was more terrified of Sarah Palin, John McCain himself I could tolerate, but not her.

As for your 2nd comment, sure people have died, but did they have to? Was is worth it or necessary in the first place? That's Bush's fault, so pulling out now will spare even more unneeded deaths.

Don't you ever tell me they died in vain. Some of us believe in what we're doing, and are willing to risk our lives for the cause. Every time I left the wire, I knew I might not come back. That didn't stop me, it didn't stop John McCain, and it didn't stop the fallen.

It's not "Bush's fault." It's easy to blame a tough war on a scapegoat. Should we have gone in, in the first place? It's questionable. We haven't found any weapons of mass destruction. It looks like we may never find them. But if they're not there now, they were 15 years ago, and they were used. Or do you think those thousands of Kurds died of natural causes?

Regardless, we're there now, and leaving won't spare anyone. Afghanistan and Iraq are not stable. They're not ready to stand on their own. Once we leave, the terrorists will be the most powerful presence. The Taliban is far from extinct, and it will come to power again if someone isn't there to suppress it. The legitimate governments aren't strong enough to do that yet, but they will be in a few years.

If we back down now, it will be as if we were never there. Then, those deaths really will have been unnecessary, for we will have changed nothing. On 9/11, I swore to "never forget." Leaving now would not only be forgetting 9/11, but also those thousands of American soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen. It would be forgetting the the hundreds of thousands more who've been over there fighting. It would be forgetting the people we went in to save.

I'll share with you a story from my own experience over there. During OEF VII (2006-2007) I was part of a Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT) in Afghanistan. We went to a police station in the Kharwar district of Paktia Province for a humanitarian aid drop - bringing food, tools, school books, medicine, and the like for the people in the town. We used the police station's walled compound to control the crowd, and with the assistance of the local police and village elders, we gave out the supplies to the local people. We monitored who had already received a goods by marking their hands with a permanent marker. When our supplies were exhausted, we packed up and left. We received word shortly thereafter that the Taliban came through once we had left, found everyone with a marked hand, and cut that hand off or killed its owner outright.

There's a couple of things I'd like you to take away from this, if you've taken the time to read it. Firstly, the Taliban is still there, and they're strong, but the people like us and are willing to accept our help. But when we leave them, they're punished for it. If that's the cost for accepting a few bags of rice, I'd hate to see what happens to people who dare to vote when we leave them unprotected. I'm sure more than a few of those people wondered where their benefactors had gone with their last breaths.

Furthermore, all of this happened in the immediate vicinity of that police station. This means the police either turned a blind eye to it, or did it themselves. It's no secret that the Afghan National Police (ANP) is riddled with Taliban supporters. This is because there's so little money and so much corruption in the government yet. In most cases, a police officer is his family's sole bread-winner. It's not uncommon for the police to go months without getting paid. So when a Taliban supporter offers a cop a week's salary to ignore the planting of a landmine, of course he's going to take it. It's a difficult situation.

But it's getting better. The corruption is greatly improved from what it was a few years ago. The Afghan National Army (ANA)'s progress has been very good. We've built schools, hospitals, orphanages, clinics, wells, power plants, government buildings, and lots of other projects to improve the infrastructure and make good government possible, and we're making great strides.

We need to stay there until the job is done right.