UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I've never been so ashamed...

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
I've never been so ashamed...

Obama won... not only the election but my state... I'm ashamed of our country and my state.

This is the start of an even worse time for our country...

Back to my honeymoon.

Re: I've never been so ashamed...

I wasn't proud of either parties to begin with but I had to make a choice, I couldn't vote for both and choosing not to vote is worse.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

I have some issues I care about a lot more than others. As a veteran, I'm terrified of Obama's defense policy, his nuclear policy, his utter disregard for the 2nd amendment, and his plan for the Global War on Terror.

If he pulls out of Iraq and Afghanistan as soon as he plans to, he'll undo all the progress we've made in the last 7 years... progress guys I know have died for.

Testament;1765955 said:
I wasn't proud of either parties to begin with but I had to make a choice, I couldn't vote for both and choosing not to vote is worse.

I am ashamed I didn't vote because I failed to meet the registration dateline (Not a valid excuse, but one nonetheless.)

Even though my state voted the way I would've. (TN went Republican as I expected)

I am by no means "ashamed" of our country. It was OUR decision to make as a country and the MAJORITY decided it would be best for OBAMA to lead us, and hopefully he will not fail.

Our privilege to elect our leaders is what makes us free. Our rights established in this country is what makes us Americans.

I am glad this election is over. Now it is time to see if America chose the right candidate or if it will come back and blow up in our faces. It wouldn't be the first time, and even then we re-elected the same individual and things changed for the worse.

I merely hope that those who decided to vote did so after educating themselves on ALL of the candidates, not just the Republican or Democratic candidates.

I am glad to say I have never been ashamed to be a American, and I know I never will.

LKP;1765959 said:
I have some issues I care about a lot more than others. As a veteran, I'm terrified of Obama's defense policy, his nuclear policy, his utter disregard for the 2nd amendment, and his plan for the Global War on Terror.

If he pulls out of Iraq and Afghanistan as soon as he plans to, he'll undo all the progress we've made in the last 7 years... progress guys I know have died for.

I was more terrified of Sarah Palin, John McCain himself I could tolerate, but not her.

As for your 2nd comment, sure people have died, but did they have to? Was is worth it or necessary in the first place? That's Bush's fault, so pulling out now will spare even more unneeded deaths.

Have to disagree with you, Obama was the best choice and the lesser of two evils. Do you know how much hope he's brought to America and around the world? I'm Canadian and I think I'm more excited then I was for our election last month. GO OBAMA!!!

Darc Abyss

Sorceror

LKP;1765959 said:

Your competely right. The fact is we aren't doing great now, but the US is in for a horrible time the next 4 years. I wonder how this will affect me when I enter the military.

LKP;1765959 said:

Progress!? LOL. I'm currently serving & not blind to see that we need to get the fuck out. The "utter disregard" for a civil foreign policy is why we find ourselves in this mess to begin with. Regardless of our opposing opinions will you not concede that we need a change from our current path?

Testament;1765964 said:
I was more terrified of Sarah Palin, John McCain himself I could tolerate, but not her.

As for your 2nd comment, sure people have died, but did they have to? Was is worth it or necessary in the first place? That's Bush's fault, so pulling out now will spare even more unneeded deaths.

I agree, I was terrified of Palin.

Pulling out now would not be the best idea.

Compensation for funds spent in Iraq from the Iraqi government is doubtful, but hopefully we would have affected Iraq enough to realize that there needs to be a change in that part of the world. I could go into so many things that I believe the Iraqi government should do, but what is the point?

Now is NOT the time to second guess our nations previous/ current decisions, but to congratulate our newly elected President.

In 4 years we can decide whether or not it was the right choice, and we will know if it was, not if the economy turns for the worse/better, or if some catastrophic disaster occurs, but if he is RE-elected in 4 years.

BrandonMK

Sorceror

Ryan;1765950 said:
Obama won... not only the election but my state... I'm ashamed of our country and my state.

This is the start of an even worse time for our country...

Back to my honeymoon.

You're free to move to another country.

Do you not like Obama because of his policies or because of his father?

800 million our government lends out from tax payers to save OUR economy, how much money have we spent on the war on terror while Iraq builds a huge surplus? you cant always do what everyone wants so you need to do what is best for the people, get out of iraq save our country... Id rather see more jobs in american and more people with homes then people who are free in iraq. I agree that all should be free, but we cant hurt americans to save the world. I wanted Mccain to win, but since we got Obama im looking for ward to see what he does, hopefully i made the wrong choice when i voted, I can give him a chance ... I guess i have too

Maniphesto;1765970 said:
I agree, I was terrified of Palin.

Pulling out now would not be the best idea.

Compensation for funds spent in Iraq from the Iraqi government is doubtful, but hopefully we would have affected Iraq enough to realize that there needs to be a change in that part of the world. I could go into so many things that I believe the Iraqi government should do, but what is the point?

Now is NOT the time to second guess our nations previous/ current decisions, but to congratulate our newly elected President.

In 4 years we can decide whether or not it was the right choice, and we will know if it was, not if the economy turns for the worse/better, or if some catastrophic disaster occurs, but if he is RE-elected in 4 years.

Yea, give the guy a chance, at least a year to see before spouting off things like "we're doomed", we haven't seen any proof of what he can or cannot do, just talk, same with McCain too, no one knew what either is capable of fixing, we just have to take their word for it. For now, there's no proof of how worse or much better this country is going to become, just speculation.

America spoke, Obama won, give him a little while prove himself and live up to the people's expectations. Simply saying "we're doomed", "he's gonna suck", etc. is idiocy.

dakpowers

Wanderer

Boo frickin' hoo. We've seen what Bush's policies got us. It's time for drastic change. I've been ashamed of my country for five years now. It's invigorating to have faith and pride in our country again.

Leave the country if you are so ashamed. I am from Ohio too and so very happy that we are a BLUE state. W000000000000t

hoglegs

Sorceror

Mark this down as the first time a white-arab has taken the helm in the White House.. Yes folks he's white/arab american. Guess I can't blame him for playing the black card, I'm sure it swayed a ton of votes in his favor. Either way, wanna see our country plummet even more into complete shit? Stick around for the next four years...