UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

It is Hilarious

Gremio

Sorceror
zarag said:
Gee, Gremio, I thought this horse was kicked enough, but you keep coming back with bullshit. Nothing you have said is based on anything more than opinion, any more than anything I have said. Your "facts" and "reasoning" are your subjective "experiences" and probably plenty of your own conjecture as well. You are not any different than anyone else in that regard. Please STFU already trying to sound like you are a physics professor proving a theorem with molecular proof, in a paper, for everyone to see. Your opinion, my opinion... THAT'S WHAT A FORUM IS DESIGNED FOR. If you want to argue your facts about something, get off an online gaming board and go to a school... preferably for a science-related degree, and you can write papers all day on all the data you can find. For now, it's just opinion, and my saying that doesn't lessen your arguments any more than it strengthens my own. Good gawd.

Yeah, I thought so too.

"Nothing you have said is based on anything more than opinion"
Right...People can go back and read for themselves, I'm not going to quote all of them.

Subjective experiences huh? So the fact that people learn and (hopefully) become better and more knowledgable about the game by playing it and experiencing the things you call "griefing" is a subjective experience based on opinion? I could have sworn we all had this learning thing called a brain. That must have just been my opinion. Sweet.

Bahahahha. So you'd rather just say you like things all day and not why, because that's your opinion and that's good enough? The fact that it's an online forum means nothing. Wait, we can't eat cereal in the kitchen, it won't taste the same, let's go to the dining room. Good grief.

edit: Btw, I'll go ahead and shoot ya a good example of what I'm talking about. Someone I know recently started up a UO shard with Sphere and I went there to test bugs for him. Read through his forums and they hadn't decided if they wanted to keep horse bombing in or not. So I started a POL to vote on it and I stated that it was a bug, talked about how it allowed people who spent absolutely 0 time in game to kill any one and any mob, ruining economy and PvP (to a degree) etc. etc. Went on. Then I had at least 2 people respond that they wanted it, w00t w00t haha, it is great, old school, go horse bombing. The usual. The point being they hadn't addressed anything I said and basicly just spouted they wanted it because they like it...not saying why they liked it. So where as I'm trying to point out why I voted what I did so others can think about it and make an informed decision...they were spouting out nonsense.

edit 2: Since you seem to be so keen on this opinion thing I'll give you mine...and show you what one sounds like. IMO people should stop complaining about griefers and start learning how to "grief". IMO the term grief shouldn't even be as widely used as it is, because it's something they should learn. No facts, cut and dry. THAT's an opinion. That helps out the discussion *loads* doesn't it? Weeee. Let's just leave out the little facts about it purposefuly being part of the game (oh so hard to make ghosts walk through boxes) or the fact the game has been this way for 7 years or the fact that it would take 5 seconds to learn about it once it's happened, or how to get out of it once it has or the fact that *if* they want to avoid it again they need to learn about it or the fact that it's a great battle tactic if the person most likely has friends on the way...let's just avoid all these little facts.

--Gremio

zarag

Wanderer
dude.. ur kind of on self-destruct mode with your logic, but I'm not gonna point out your fallacies for the next 10 minutes... just one remark --> you turned around what I said (more than once, but the most recent one) in the "griefing" is a subjective experience based on opinion?" quote.

"Your opinions are based on your subjective experiences" - that's what I said, and you'd be pretty stupid to try and argue that one, but you've already done some dumbass arguing already, so I wouldn't put it past you. Your lame example of making "informed" decisions has no relevance to the subject that started this thread, which was in itself an opinion - sort of an ad-hoc opinion poll really. It's turned into a pretty lame (and boring) discussion on logic between you and me, and I won't torture anyone any further by drawing that argument out any more through replying after this post.

If that's your name in-game and I get a chance to grief you, I'll do it for a while and then ask your opinion on it (even though I won't be able to understand your answer, since I don't have SS "OoooOOOooOO"), since the griefing will have given you some better subjective data to use in the formulation thereof, lol.

Gremio

Sorceror
So you didn't say these things?
"Nothing you have said is based on anything more than opinion"
"Your "facts" and "reasoning" are your subjective "experiences""

Direct quotes relating to the comments I made, unlike your "Your opinions are based on your subjective experiences" quote.

Seriously, drop the whole physics thing. I'm not attempting to theorize or sound smart...because I use logic...

The example I gave has everything to do with what we're talking about. I'm tired of people spouting out their opinions that they like something as a valid argument or expecting that to end the conversation in a draw...as oppose to saying why.

Gremio

Sorceror
BTW, I apologize if anyone feels like we stole this thread (which we completely did :) ). I'm just interested to hear what has to be said on what we were talking about.