UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

It is Hilarious

zeyntih

Wanderer
Kari said:
I like to hunt reds too, you dont have to pay 30k when i can do it for 10k :)

I'm Priss ingame, you can find me at Delucia or near brit's gy.

Higher prices for better pvpers:(

Ironfist Max [F-U]

Mr.Mischief

Sorceror
BrandT said:
I apologize to you sir, and yes, I know that is a wrong statement (in more than one way obviously). I guess I should have called his disease split-personality instead, and then again it would be just an insult...

It doesn't really fit in any sort of personality disorder. He might very well just be an idiot.

:/

My 1st Fkn Post, Kick Arse

Ok, I'm a nice guy, I think about other people and their welfare and joy. But I also know there are assholes out there who would kill me for kicks. Well you know what? If some asshole is going to be a dick and dry loot me or try to kill me, they've given me permission to do the same to them. And let me tell you what, there's nothing like cold hard revenge on those punk bitches and then a lil' rub in afterwards. The kids get really pissed off, it's a sight. Then you let em know they'll be owned and bitched every time they are seen and watch the little fairies haul ass the next time they see you. And when they haul ass to open a gate and 8 guys come through to gank you, think of that as a compliment. I'm serious, because it's showing a huge amount of respect. Take all these things and you will be a successful true-Blue on any shard.

If you guys have little sisters and brothers that want to play; if your mom wants to play for the first time; don't be a shitbag and recommend this shard for them. Send them to Maeve's Garden, they've got shit set up like daycare over there.

Gremio

Sorceror
God you people I swear. How long have you been playing UO? The sad thing is the guy with the daughter who says he played years ago and still doesn't understand...maybe he had a hiatus or didn't actually play before trammel.

If I'm on my red I *will* kill anyone I come across that I havn't befriended in the past. Period...Unless on some exceptions the person interests me and I want to talk to them. Lol, you talk about killing people without even knowing who they are. WTF!!?? Those are the best to PK...you have no attatchments to them and don't need to listen to their complaints or bashing, because you don't care. It doesn't make one bit of difference if their a kind person IRL or an ass...that's not why people PK in the game at all.

This game was built around PvP and if you don't like it I have no idea what you are doing here.

The sad thing is you keep referring to the PKs as lame, griefers, etc. When in fact they are just partaking in one of the *main* mechanics of the game. It's like if I logged on to CS and killed someone they start whining that I'm a griefer for popping them in the back of the head with a pistol.

Ruin the game??? You can't be serious. If there weren't PKs the game would be boring as f**k. Everyone has died to a PK at some point. Even I. It's where I started back in '97 on chessy...dieing to a PK. It happens, get over it. The best thing you can do from the experience is learn the people that do it, learn the locations they do it at, and stay away from both, until you yourself can PK and stand up to them. In no way are they trying to ruin your life or game. And imo they improve the game tremendously. Like someone else said, it's exciting not knowing what the next turn may hold...but all along the way your skills improve and you *hopefully* learn something.

--Gremio

Khrono

Wanderer
Thing is, lik ei said, i am not worried about them pking me, or even looting me, the pronblem i have is when they do things to grief me, for instance, putting boxes around while i am a ghost so i can not leave to get to healer, shit like that happenes way to often, is that just part of the fun? to have to wait for a GM to show up and remove you from that location? was that OSI's plan?

druid311

Wanderer
my least favorite is the corpse smear, where each time you res you just auto-explode and die over and over until your corpse paints the floor
I also hate the "HAHA i will ALWAYS kill your mount! ALWAYS! NEWB!"
thats also a hated thing

Gremio

Sorceror
You should be able to go to help/stuck and automaticly get teleported to a town if that happens. Unless they took that out of this RunUO shard.

zarag

Wanderer
Gremio said:
God you people I swear. How long have you been playing UO? The sad thing is the guy with the daughter who says he played years ago and still doesn't understand...maybe he had a hiatus or didn't actually play before trammel.

--Gremio

I think ur referring to me. I actually stopped playing about the time Trammel came out. As to me saying "I don't understand..." I think you need to read a post before responding to it plz - it's apparent that YOU don't understand, at least not my post(s). My first statement was something like "It's an interesting study in social behavior..."

PKing is part of this game, I never said I have a problem with that.

UO is not CS or any other 1st person shooter, plz. check your misconstrued analogies b4 using. PvP is only one small part of this game, albeit a part that people either love or hate, and has very little middle ground.

Lame = griefing, acting like a general ass, using sexually explicit language at every opportunity, trying to box in ghosts, unwarranted rez killing, generally acting like someone with a level of maturity of about 12 years old who never had proper parenting. If you disagree that this is lame, that's your opinion, this is mine. I wouldn't call you "lame" for pking in general or being red... I agree with you that it is a necessary part (and I said this) of this game. Not all fights can be "honorable" and "chivalrous" - that's not how life works, and it really shouldn't be how this game works.

Just some corrections on your post, since you were (I believe) addressing me.

Gremio

Sorceror
zarag said:
I think ur referring to me. I actually stopped playing about the time Trammel came out. As to me saying "I don't understand..." I think you need to read a post before responding to it plz - it's apparent that YOU don't understand, at least not my post(s). My first statement was something like "It's an interesting study in social behavior..."

PKing is part of this game, I never said I have a problem with that.

UO is not CS or any other 1st person shooter, plz. check your misconstrued analogies b4 using. PvP is only one small part of this game, albeit a part that people either love or hate, and has very little middle ground.

Lame = griefing, acting like a general ass, using sexually explicit language at every opportunity, trying to box in ghosts, unwarranted rez killing, generally acting like someone with a level of maturity of about 12 years old who never had proper parenting. If you disagree that this is lame, that's your opinion, this is mine. I wouldn't call you "lame" for pking in general or being red... I agree with you that it is a necessary part (and I said this) of this game. Not all fights can be "honorable" and "chivalrous" - that's not how life works, and it really shouldn't be how this game works.

Just some corrections on your post, since you were (I believe) addressing me.

lol, my *entire* reply wasn't directed towards you. I understood your point perfectly fine.

"UO is not CS or any other 1st person shooter, plz. check your misconstrued analogies b4 using." This is what I found the funniest. The analogy wasn't showing how it was an FPS, lol. It was pointing out how you're complaining about someone using a mechanic of the game (it is a computer game, isn't it?). People doing all of the things you listed are not hurting you at all. You don't have to accept their rez. There's a filter and a stuck option. And you really shouldn't let them box you in as a ghost in the first place...there is a limit to how fast people can move items, and it would take a while for someone to box you in...Maybe if you were standing there waisting time complaining or asking for a rez because you expect them to return everything and gate you nicely to town...Personally I think it's immature to sit there and complain about someone killing you, rez killing you, boxxing you in, or calling you nasty names, as oppose to finding a way around it.

If you read above people were talking about people killing "newbies", or people they didn't know (lol) as griefing...Even if you only include your list as an action of griefing another player I have already addressed that in this reply.

edit: Btw, I find it very annoying when people try to bring in my opinion this and your oppinion that. I base my argument on past experiences and (to my knowledge) fact, as I'm sure you do. Let's leave it at that, please.

--Gremio

zarag

Wanderer
Gremio said:
If you read above people were talking about people killing "newbies", or people they didn't know (lol) as griefing...Even if you only include your list as an action of griefing another player I have already addressed that in this reply.

edit: Btw, I find it very annoying when people try to bring in my oppinion this and your oppinion that. I base my argument on past experiences and (to my knowledge) fact, as I'm sure you do. Let's leave it at that, please.

--Gremio

Oh so you don't have any opinions? lol. What do you think your past experiences create? They create personal opinions... based on subjective experience. Not sure why my explicit usage of the term "imo, iyo" would bother you so much... are they your opinions or aren't they? Or are you one of those people who think that everything you believe is pure fact for everyone?

Look, I don't get rez killed or boxed in, or any of that other shit, and I would never be dumb enough (from the game-knowledge perspective) to let that happen to me. I also don't personally take offense to someone who acts immature i language and behavior; but when I can see it bothers or offends other people, I try to have the decency to remember there is actually a human being on the other end of these character. I am saying that using the power of knowledge of how the game works to totally humiliate and fuck with someone who doesn't really understand, is lame, immature and bullshit behavior. Don't try and make excuses for lame behavior by saying "well, if they wouldn't have done this or that (which they may not have even known they COULD do, being newbies), then that never would have happened to them." That's like saying, "well, if you hadn't parked your car there where I could see it, I wouldn't have stolen it."

The game used to be really screwed in this way, with house theft exploits, and literally dozens of exploits as to how you could kill people who didn't have a clue what was going on. There were a ton of assholes (and there still are), and lots of good folks too. The assholes made and still make the game more interesting, so ... cool.

Whether it's something you get off on doing (fucking with newbies) or not comes down to a matter of personal opinion (lol) again. However, my statement about "interesting to watch the behavior.." comes from my own personal view that how people act in this game is somewhat reflective of how they act (or would act, if they could) in real life.

Gremio

Sorceror
(playing off your choice of words) I may be; but if I am, you're one of those types of people who pretends every word that comes out of their mouth is an opinion and thus nothing they or anyone else says should be argued. Because "that's your opinion" is not an acceptable argument.

"If you disagree that this is lame, that's your opinion." "Lame=griefing". Griefing is somehow altering someones mental state so that they "grief" over the action that's been done to them (pretty hard task to accomplish when you think about it). Everything listed that people think is "griefing" is their own fault. If they are incapable of logical thought and can't figure out what they are doing wrong to allow this then they have no one to blame but themselves. It's actually helping them to learn otherwise. And that *is* fact.

The way things should go is a vet comes and vialates a new player in ways that player never thought possible. Some people will actually understand and learn from the experience...This actually helps the player to grow and become a well rounded vet themself. Too many just complain. I hadn't even heard the boxxing complaint until I read this and it's obviously been possible for a long time.

Heh to sum up, "because I think this is good" is not an argument I'll ever accept. Say why it's good, why it's bad, why you like it...but don't assume I'll let you off simply because that's your opinion.

Boxing has been around since the Dawn of Boxes in UO

Standard tatic for PKers (/ Dungeon Looters) who are unable to get kills anyother way.

Not saying its right or wrong, just saying its a tatic used by poor PKers (/ Dungeon Looters) altho Dungeon Looters may use them self as the barrier on a ONE tile exit hehehe

Ungo-hybrid

Wanderer
Gremio said:
(playing off your choice of words) I may be; but if I am, you're one of those types of people who pretends every word that comes out of their mouth is an opinion and thus nothing they or anyone else says should be argued. Because "that's your opinion" is not an acceptable argument.

"If you disagree that this is lame, that's your opinion." "Lame=griefing". Griefing is somehow altering someones mental state so that they "grief" over the action that's been done to them (pretty hard task to accomplish when you think about it). Everything listed that people think is "griefing" is their own fault. If they are incapable of logical thought and can't figure out what they are doing wrong to allow this then they have no one to blame but themselves. It's actually helping them to learn otherwise. And that *is* fact.

The way things should go is a vet comes and vialates a new player in ways that player never thought possible. Some people will actually understand and learn from the experience...This actually helps the player to grow and become a well rounded vet themself. Too many just complain. I hadn't even heard the boxxing complaint until I read this and it's obviously been possible for a long time.

Heh to sum up, "because I think this is good" is not an argument I'll ever accept. Say why it's good, why it's bad, why you like it...but don't assume I'll let you off simply because that's your opinion.

Whether I disagree with your side of the argument, I don't know.

However, what you just did was accuse his argument of being "an opinion."
Then, you stated an opinion of your own.

It is your opinion that's the way the world "should" work... therefore, not a fact.

Gremio

Sorceror
Actually it is a fact as I could use thousands of players as examlpes. But that's neither here nor there.

I didn't "accuse" his argument of being an opinion...he did. And that was my whole issue. People use the word "opinion" as an excuse to get out of arguing over something because "i like it this way and you like it that". Hogwash (lol). If I disagree with something I have facts and reasoning to back it up...not just because it's "my opinion".

"because I think this is good" is not an argument I'll ever accept. Say why it's good, why it's bad, why you like it...but don't assume I'll let you off simply because that's your opinion.
I'll leave it at that (once again).

--Gremio

zarag

Wanderer
Gremio said:
Actually it is a fact as I could use thousands of players as examlpes. But that's neither here nor there.

I didn't "accuse" his argument of being an opinion...he did. And that was my whole issue. People use the word "opinion" as an excuse to get out of arguing over something because "i like it this way and you like it that". Hogwash (lol). If I disagree with something I have facts and reasoning to back it up...not just because it's "my opinion".

I'll leave it at that (once again).

--Gremio

Gee, Gremio, I thought this horse was kicked enough, but you keep coming back with bullshit. Nothing you have said is based on anything more than opinion, any more than anything I have said. Your "facts" and "reasoning" are your subjective "experiences" and probably plenty of your own conjecture as well. You are not any different than anyone else in that regard. Please STFU already trying to sound like you are a physics professor proving a theorem with molecular proof, in a paper, for everyone to see. Your opinion, my opinion... THAT'S WHAT A FORUM IS DESIGNED FOR. If you want to argue your facts about something, get off an online gaming board and go to a school... preferably for a science-related degree, and you can write papers all day on all the data you can find. For now, it's just opinion, and my saying that doesn't lessen your arguments any more than it strengthens my own. Good gawd.

Galgum

Page
I love it when people yell at other people for being articulate saying that they are only trying to sound smart, when in fact, they might possibly be well versed in the English language. =)

By the way, this is not directed at zarag, I've seen this from other people as well, it's funny because it's like, "omfg stop trying 2 sound smart".

- God damn English Professors

Edit: God this thread is so locked, just watch, within the day Ken is gonna come in here and lay the beat stick across this whole thing. Go Ken!