UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Imbus is killing Felluca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoc Arad

Wanderer
Re: Imbus is killing Felluca

Marsalis said:
Great post, I agree fully with it.

Although I'll say this is by far the best UO shard out there and it is leaps ahead of any other private server, I still think that the people killers are being pampered. I used to be a pk in the OSI stat loss era and it was much tougher there then it is here. Here, you can be someone with no fighting skill and have in the hundreds of murders. You can get away with anything, and they even let you go into towns. I'm a strong defender of pking in MMORPG's, I think they are essential into building a strong community, but they should have harsh penalties, there should be a natural selection of who can become a pk and who cant. Just like now with factions, I've been surprised to see how few people are in factions, where the real skilled players are. Imbus is not killing Fellucia, the people who cant fight and resort to killing a newbie tamers horses are and saying they were "zpwned!%!%!%!" are. I know there are a lot of good players on this server so I dont think implementing harsher murderer penalties would do any bad. In fact, it would actually welcome the people that dont want to be killed a hundred times everyday.

People in Imbus are definetly not pussies, they have a limited place(T2A) where they can actually have fun without being pissed on by immature players. People killing is ALLOWED there, you can PvP roleplayers although you might get raped afterwards by their alternate characters. Its not a place for carebears, PKs here have absolutly NO right to say that, none at all. Lets implemenent the harsher penalties and see how many pks stay that way, then call the roleplayers pussies.

Great post, fully agree ^^

Elendili!

Knight

dungeons are empty cause everything drops shit loot now, i mean theres like 30 people tops (TOPS) in imbus

mind you they're at the bank

khenry

Page

i am just suggesting, point it out if i am wrong

perhaps imbus should be much less rewarding for monster farming?
like slowing down the spawn rate.
Or do role players need to farms too? I donno

khenry

Page

can anyone direct me to the thread which tell me why imbus was created in the first place?
I want to know what are the purposes of imbus, and what are not.

Grevlok

Wanderer

It's meant to be a place seperate from the normal population so that RPers would be allowed alot more freedom to have events. If we planned a city raid and dropped the guards in Fel there would be so many people complaining about it on the forums and e-mails being sent. Having Imbus allows much more freedom so it doesn't interfear with the general population.

omg grev why do we even bother posting these people dont even read they just keep posting the same stuff even after you answer them......

Dr Zoidberg

Wanderer

plague_spores-hybrid said:
omg grev why do we even bother posting these people dont even read they just keep posting the same stuff even after you answer them......

Please instaban this person.

EDIT: Heracles of tcd? werent you one of the 7 me and slopko rolled 2 deep? Maybe you were even the "healer mage" that was "chain paraing" slopko, that denied the chainparaing untill i posted the screenshot?

But anyhow, instaban this person please, he does nothing but ask Pkers to come to imbus honestly, ive already had 4 AIMs about his post saying "You want to start an imbus grief guild?".

Phyrex

Page

Dr Zoidberg said:
Please instaban this person.

EDIT: Heracles of tcd? werent you one of the 7 me and slopko rolled 2 deep? Maybe you were even the "healer mage" that was "chain paraing" slopko, that denied the chainparaing untill i posted the screenshot?

But anyhow, instaban this person please, he does nothing but ask Pkers to come to imbus honestly, ive already had 4 AIMs about his post saying "You want to start an imbus grief guild?".

Grief in Imbus and be banned from it, it's that simple.
Imbus contains the Roleplayers of the Servers, a place they can express their character at the fullest, without being slammed down by names such as "Fag" or "Noob".
This entire thread is blown out of proportions, as Imbus does no harm at all. Even better, Imbus is a great thing.
The Farmers are being controlled by the Evil Roleplaying Guilds. And what is there to control, a max of 10 tamers a day?

Dr Zoidberg

Wanderer

Okay, and how would one go about creating an evil roleplaying guild and what rules would that evil roleplaying guild have to follow to be allowed to kill whoever they want and take their loot?

Honest question, please come with an honest answer.

Phyrex

Page

To create a Roleplaying Guild, you are required to have 10 unique members and a current housing (base of operations) in Felluca.
When you aquired those requirments, e-mail [email protected] with your Information. Members names, Guildstory, Ranks/Structure of the Guild and an explaination as of how you would improve the Roleplaying and Imbus.

As for rules, the following provided rules are for my Guild. These are olmost identical to the RPRing rules, thus I'll use them.

Combat Related

• Attacking Others:
    Whenever going to attack an other Roleplay guild or an innocent person (anybody that just happens to be there at the time and doesn't know aggressive action is going to be taken against them) they have to give that person a chance to escape unless they are attacked first. That warning can be in many various forms such as verbal threat, shooting the person with an arrow, whacking them with a scimitar a single time, knocking them off their mount with a bola, or any thing else that won't kill the person before they know what is happening. Just give them a few seconds to decide to run off or if they choose to fight before you attack fully. If they stay there then they are free game. If they choose to run away they will sometimes try to get help and come back for a real fight.

Looting:

• Roleplayers:
    While fighting other roleplayers you are limited in what you can take from their corpse after you kill them. The object is to fight with each other to have fun not just to loot them dry to profit but there needs to be a winner and taking the ability to keep the fight going will make sure a single skirmish doesn't last for hours.. The current items that are lootable are weapons, potions, reagents, keys, and ammunition. All other items should be left on the corpse so that they can try to retrieve it later after they revive.

• Non Roleplayers:
    Act as which fits the current event. If you are being grieved, feel free to show them a lesson. However, if the opposite party shows common sense and interacts, I strongly advice you to treat them as a Roleplayer.

Drayven

Wanderer

Welp, yea... you know... I can kinda see as to WHY people only hunt in Imbus now.... I have lost 12 dragons and WWs in the last 2 days... This shard is full of nothing but assholes that can't leave others alone if they wanna be left alone... If you wanna call me a trammy, go ahead, but now I see why people only hunt in Imbus... If fuck heads like some of you guys that kill tamers none-stop... Its not that there is a RISK of getting killed when you go into a dungeon to hunt... Its the simple fact that of WHEN your gonna get killed when you go into a dungeon to hunt... What reason is there to hunt in a dungeon if all thats gonna happen is your gonna get PKed and you pets are gonna get killed...

Apoc Arad

Wanderer

Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss.Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss. Stat loss .

Set up stat loss and I go red I promise. Let's untram bein red here, we'll have a lot less problems, only the reals 'll stay. STAT LOOOOOOSS.

Middle Man

Sorceror

damn this is a huge ass thread.

to fix this problem all that has to be fixed is the reds being unable to recall. The orcs stay in fell for a huge number of reasons but we dont even bother to raid Imbus cause we cant get around anywhere in there.

My understanding is that this is a huge code issue that was NOT intentially put in but since non of the seers can code only krrios and Mark have the know how to fix this and since they are not in the "RP" scene its not high on their priority list.

I agree that all these tamers that fucking farm in Imbus are a bunch of fucking pusses and need to get killed but with the current no red can recall system in place there its just too inconvienent for most of us.

FIX THE RECALLING PLEASE!

Apoc Arad

Wanderer

Or learn to play without recall :S . This is really a great thing, but knowing the road anyway you need less than 5 min checkin all the places of interest. sosaria is a small world ^^

Middle Man

Sorceror

Oriel-hybrid said:
To create a Roleplaying Guild, you are required to have 10 unique members and a current housing (base of operations) in Felluca.
When you aquired those requirments, e-mail [email protected] with your Information. Members names, Guildstory, Ranks/Structure of the Guild and an explaination as of how you would improve the Roleplaying and Imbus.

As for rules, the following provided rules are for my Guild. These are olmost identical to the RPRing rules, thus I'll use them.

Combat Related

• Attacking Others:
    Whenever going to attack an other Roleplay guild or an innocent person (anybody that just happens to be there at the time and doesn't know aggressive action is going to be taken against them) they have to give that person a chance to escape unless they are attacked first. That warning can be in many various forms such as verbal threat, shooting the person with an arrow, whacking them with a scimitar a single time, knocking them off their mount with a bola, or any thing else that won't kill the person before they know what is happening. Just give them a few seconds to decide to run off or if they choose to fight before you attack fully. If they stay there then they are free game. If they choose to run away they will sometimes try to get help and come back for a real fight.

this is not enforced at all. I have yet to hear about anyone getting kicked out of Imbus RPer or otherwise for not following this rule. The tamers constantly attack red rpers in town and with no warning at all so imo this rule might as well be deleted cause theres no enforcement and people whining saying "omg im going tog et you baned you didnt warn" sounds freaking emo retard tbh
Oriel-hybrid said:
Looting:

• Roleplayers:
    While fighting other roleplayers you are limited in what you can take from their corpse after you kill them. The object is to fight with each other to have fun not just to loot them dry to profit but there needs to be a winner and taking the ability to keep the fight going will make sure a single skirmish doesn't last for hours.. The current items that are lootable are weapons, potions, reagents, keys, and ammunition. All other items should be left on the corpse so that they can try to retrieve it later after they revive.

and what happens here is people just loot free for all if you happen to kill somone. also if i do kill someone why would i want to leave their stuff there. I think the point of this part was to say "dont be an asshat and dry loot someone who is an rper cause we want to have fun, treat others like you want to be treated"
for all the blues and reds that arent in the rp community, screw them and treat them normal.
Oriel-hybrid said:
  • Non Roleplayers:
    Act as which fits the current event. If you are being grieved, feel free to show them a lesson. However, if the opposite party shows common sense and interacts, I strongly advice you to treat them as a Roleplayer.
this contradicts the rules of Imbus. I thought griefers arent allowed in Imbus? har har. I would like to point out Griefing isnt pking. Griefing is camping someones house and killing everything inside over and over again. Griefing is res killing over and over. Just running through somewhere and killing everyone one time and looting is not the act of a griefer its the follow up that counts.

Personally the orcs love griefers. more people to kill.

Middle Man

Sorceror

Apoc Arad said:
Or learn to play without recall :S . This is really a great thing, but knowing the road anyway you need less than 5 min checkin all the places of interest. sosaria is a small world ^^

easy to say Mr. "i ride a horse or something else that makes me faster"

try walking to all those places. no thnx

TheRemedy

Sorceror

My final statement IMBUS IS TRAMMEL. When a group of 4-5 pkers goes into tram. and pk two ppl, and then the gms spawn a 10x10 of pixies wherever we run, that is trammel. Another whole facet is ruining the shard, it splits the players up.

Apoc Arad

Wanderer

''easy to say Mr. "i ride a horse or something else that makes me faster"

try walking to all those places. no thnx''

Sorry, I've forgot orcs go by foot. Us lucky pirates, when not on a boat, are allowed to use horses. Scuse me, you're totally right, I hope recall 'll be up soon (cuz, it's in fact a bug reds cant recall in Imb).

Phyrex

Page

Kurg'Grat said:
this is not enforced at all. I have yet to hear about anyone getting kicked out of Imbus RPer or otherwise for not following this rule. The tamers constantly attack red rpers in town and with no warning at all so imo this rule might as well be deleted cause theres no enforcement and people whining saying "omg im going tog et you baned you didnt warn" sounds freaking emo retard tbh

and what happens here is people just loot free for all if you happen to kill somone. also if i do kill someone why would i want to leave their stuff there. I think the point of this part was to say "dont be an asshat and dry loot someone who is an rper cause we want to have fun, treat others like you want to be treated"
for all the blues and reds that arent in the rp community, screw them and treat them normal.

this contradicts the rules of Imbus. I thought griefers arent allowed in Imbus? har har. I would like to point out Griefing isnt pking. Griefing is camping someones house and killing everything inside over and over again. Griefing is res killing over and over. Just running through somewhere and killing everyone one time and looting is not the act of a griefer its the follow up that counts.

Personally the orcs love griefers. more people to kill.

These are the rules requested for a Roleplayer. Not for an outsider.
Also, if you would have read my previous post, in which I posted the rules, you could see that I said that these rules are partly for my Guild alone. There is no rule about looting non-Roleplayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.