UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Imbus is killing Felluca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megumi

Wanderer
Re: Imbus is killing Felluca

Ryan said:
Imbus is not Trammel.

I love how someone starts a thread to discuss something and it deteriorates into "Imbus is gay" and "Imbus = trammel". If you cannot articulate what you want to say you should just stay out of threads that require a bit of intellect.

I would much rather see the RP'ers in fel myself. The problem is we have about 500 prepubescent assholes who grief them non stop. There's no need for that. You talk about there being no risk vs. reward in Imbus... and I about fall out of my damn chair in shock.

You "elite pkers" run around griefing all day long with NO RISK. "Oh boy I might lose some regs". Give me a damn break. This entire shard is trammel if thats your idea of trammel. Reds have it easy, RPers have it easy, crafters have it easy... (bull spawns anyone).

Seriously... you guys amaze me. Who gives a damn if the RP'ers have a place to congregate and have a good time? There's no reason to bash them over it. If you want more action quit being pussies and actually join factions and play them rather than being a fucking forum warrior.

Factions are the only time you have a risk on this shard... THAT'S WHY THEY ARE THE LEAST POPULATED FORM OF PVP ON THE SHARD. You all run around "pretending" to be hard asses all the damn time but you're all a bunch of scared asses. Those of you that do faction "E." and the like do nothing but house hide.

Bottom line you all play UO like its playing Barbie dolls with your sisters... get over it and learn to die and come back for more (yes that means you too RP'ers).

Stat. Loss.

I know alot will argue that doing so would make it easier for blues... but you're wrong. The PKs that remained would be the elite, those that can handle retraining if they die and those who, simpley, do not die. PKs on this server are a joke, blues aren't afraid of them anymore. If i see a red i generally think "oh, free loot. Cool." Unfortunatly, by the time i've cast a spell they're running to a house/calling in friends.
I know we've discussed this so many times and i know you're worried that you'll lose alot of players by implimenting it... but let's face it. Any of the players you lost don't contribute anything to the server anyway, they just make people who would contribute quit. That being said, if you offer a way for those PKs who do not want to risk being red in statloss to repent their sins (basically turn them blue). I wont go into the stat loss discussion any further.

Stevian said:
PK's shouldn't PK for profit, they should pk because they like killing other players. Not to mention you can kill one ancient wyrm and get twice as much from if you just killed a player. the pk profit arguement is null.

I PK for profit.
If i'm low on stock, it's generally easy to PK a red and take his loot than it is to recall to my house.

Drayven said:
Well said on the first part, but the second... I kinda agree with... Its just... PKs have a hard time getting around... How many people do you know that will try to run for 5 minutes to go PvP in a dungeon, when they can run around for 2 outside town in fel and kill 3 n00bs? Don't know many peeps that would do this.. PLUS those PKs that DO run around in Imbus to PK in dungeons, take the risk of either 1 - Running into a batch of Hunters, not just one... Or 2 - Wasting their time because the dungeon was empty... Now they have to run ALL the way back...

Just not feasible enough to go into Imbus to hunt players as a PK... You can't escape when you're out numbered... It takes forever to find peeps in those dungeons, and by the time you get there... You may have already killed a few peeps on the way.... Which now means you could possibly be low on resources... As a PK who runs through dungeons in fel... They can recall in and out... Allowing for the hit and run mode... Which is basically the most efficient way to do it... But since hunters don't hunt in Fel dungeons... Whats the use of doing that?

Sounds like fun to me... But as I previously stated, the majority of PKs on Gamers are a fucking joke.

Poptart said:
I'm one of them "elites". :gay:

You actually pk'd on OSI in that statloss era, so yeah.

Hypothetically: I'm roleplaying a bandit, making me an evil, surley and generally ignoble character... Am I really going to offer you a fair fight? Am i going to be civil? Am i going to res' you or gate you out? Am i going to leave a perfectly good pair of boots on your corpse?
Hell no. I'm an evil, greedy scumbag.
Would you expect outlaws to conform to your societies rules? Isn't rule breaking what makes them outlaws in the first place?

These are points you need to consider if you try to set up a code of conduct for roleplaying. Outlaws live by their own code.

Hey Lud, where in the rules does it say you have to be nice to the person after you kill them? Just kill them, take their shit and go away. There's nothing that says you can't do that.

MaSsAcRe420

Wanderer

i have never been to imbus, but it is a roleplaying facet, so in my opinion only roleplayers should be allowed there.

TheRemedy

Sorceror

There is nothing wrong w/ a place for RPers to congregate, but do they need a full facet?! I do not think they do, a dungeon, and large area style town would be more than enough. The Trammel comparison comes from spliting the player base within two facets.

Perhaps factions participation is low because so many people cheated within them. I recently rejoined and am having a great time again, except for when a certian player gets 4 chars to sit and lighting wand me to death. The pvp is balanced again, and cheating has gone down w/ one exceptoin. I think faction numbers are going to go up, with cheating going down, and that seems ironic with the recent ban on kuoc.

Dr Zoidberg

Wanderer

the really fun thing is that there has come so many razor kinda hax macros after kuoc was blocked, but that sadly proves that it was the kuoc users that was cheating. The funny thing is that its not -stopping- them, only hindering them for a while untill they get used to the new tool.

Megumi

Wanderer

Dr Zoidberg said:
the really fun thing is that there has come so many razor kinda hax macros after kuoc was blocked, but that sadly proves that it was the kuoc users that was cheating. The funny thing is that its not -stopping- them, only hindering them for a while untill they get used to the new tool.

Wrong thread.

Dustin101585

Wanderer

Balron of UOG said:
Imbus = Trammel

Last time I checked reds could kill blues in Imbus. So yeah Imbus = trammel *rolls eyes* Aw, whats a matter? The reds in fel don't get to pk tamers who are hunting because they go to Imbus. Boo hoo, The only people who come to Imbus are roleplayers, blue tamers, and griefers.

jmyers06

Wanderer

Oriel-hybrid said:
I've tried to read trough most of the arguments and must say, I'm rather shocked by the immature respondses. Are most of you so blind, to only see their own profits?

Ultima Online is a game, which fortunatly, offers many game styles and aspects, be it Roleplaying or Murdering. I
t seems to be that Roleplaying is being frowned upon, which would be the same as saying someone or someone of a diffrent orgin is less of an equel.

I'm a pure Roleplayer by hearth, started it on OSI, and came here to continue it. Who are you to say I do not belong here for I play a "Trammie" sort of aspect of the game?
If even one of you ranters, can say they are dedicated enough to put in the time and hard work most of us Roleplayer Guildmasters have done, I would actually take your word with some more value to it.

Imbus is nothing more then a reaction and solution for the acts of the PK's.
It was those who saw need to house camp, trashtalk and cause trouble in Tenebrea. It is because of that we were granted our own world, yet you still complain? If you can not stand the PvP heat and are limited to kill Roleplayers, with limitations in skills, don't try to be a hotshot and don't PvP at all.

If you feel the risk vs reward level is off in Imbus, do something about it.
I know for a fact the Savages and Orcs will welcome you in Imbus to put up a fair and fun fight, aslong as it stays civil.
But, please do not just go run around Imbus spamming 'Imbus is Gay", it will get you nowhere.

~Elizabeth Shirland, Captain of the Roleplaying UOGamers:Hybrid Pirates.

I think this is a well written and right-on post.

Look the solution here is... guess what EA/OSI already did it. They built Trammel and Felucca and so on. Guess what gang... most people don't like to be slaughtered every 5 minutes. While you have every right to enjoy that, most people don't. Like it or not and as Oriel put it there are many play styles. News flash the least popular is to Player Kill. Now I have played UO since October of 1997. I have beta tested and played almost every MMORPG that has hit the market in the past 10 years. Does that make me better than anyone? Hell no, but I have seen a lot of real life and a lot of "these games." These arguments were had by me and my group when I was the same age as most of you and they will be had again by others...

I am a role player; I have never killed another player that did not attack first. Just not my style, but I have nothing against those that do. What I don't care for is all the BS like waiting at a Jhelom teleporter or someone’s house to gank them. In the real world you all (PKers) would be breaking the law and would be charged with harassment. You all will learn that these skills will get you no where when it comes time for you to pay your bills and feed your family. Oh settle down I know it is a game, but the behavior is just the same. I love an epic Good vs. Evil battle, but some dork pimped out in all his/her neon bling-bling waiting to harvest new players. I just don't get that, killing for killing sake. Eventually you all will force most players to demise or some other player shard that recognizes that most people like Trammel. Or at least some form of safety where they can enjoy the game in their own way. When you have a trammel the PvP is so much better because it is real, skill against skill, template against template. Not some dudes farming noobs.

I think I can sum this up for you all before I am called a care bare trammie lover and so on...

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Leave Imbus and the RP'ers be. If anything make the teleporters only allow members of a listed RP guild. Make a central location where the guilds can recruit without fear of attack. Once in the guild you are free to enter and RP-PK till your little hearts content, but then again that would require some of you to put some thought behind your playing... what a concept.

So those that flame obviously take my post to be pointed at them and well in that case it is. Oh and calling me "gay" or "fag" is just silly. I am married with 2 kids and have never had sex with another man. I know a lot of you use these terms on these boards and for the life of me I don't understand why.

Oh and to the person that is free to HATE people for the choices they make in life... seek help my friend. How sad your life must be with all that HATE. Just ignore them like most people.

Oh and to all the "go smoke a blunt” suggestions..." I just may... One of the perks you get as a mature, successful adult.
:shocked:

I am going back to playing Ultima, the game. Roll Playing and dieing while trying to make my way. Of course I made a few donations to the shard for all the hard work and cost that I know full well goes into such a project. Yet another perk of being a grown up.

:tup:

Stevian

Wanderer

Being also a "successful" (the term is relative, i've seen successful cart pushers) adult, I hope you are not taking my smoke a blunt suggestion seriously, I do not advocate drugs in any way shape fashion or form, and was speaking on a friend as I would to my friends, not as if I was adressing someone on an issue. I took another look at Imbus, and i've seen its not newbies going there, its the people with Lord and Lady titles that are definetly strong enough to defend themselves, and on an interview, they encourage PK's to come because they know they cannot recall from their pets and they still carry PvP weapons. Yes, most of us are "grown ups" (You have to grow old, but you don't have to grow up, making age relative) I will say you had me on your side until you made a reference to my blunt slur. But yes, people have different playstyles. My brother is one of the absolute best and richest PvPers on the shard, and I personally can tackle any monster in the game, one of the most prominent PvMers in the game, and I can tell you, you don't have to necessarily baby the players.

You've played other MMO's, so im going to give you an example. EverQuest
First three expansions? Right on, everyone loved them. Luclin and past? Babied the players, and caused people to leave and invited the l33t crowd.

I am for stat loss, except for faction players, pks in factions would just adhere under faction stat loss. Those who want quick gratification don't belong in MMO's. Play a mario game or something. We have close to 1000 players on this shard. We'll be fine no matter what action is taken.

hey I joined this shard because it was advertised to have no trammel and be like UOR with a few changes. Imbus sounds like trammel light. Stop being pussies, roleplayers. Buck up and use the lands that all the rest of us use.

selo

Wanderer

absent minded said:
hey I joined this shard because it was advertised to have no trammel and be like UOR with a few changes. Imbus sounds like trammel light. Stop being pussies, roleplayers. Buck up and use the lands that all the rest of us use.

I'm not going to even begin to say why this post is stupid, worthless and not needed. Please if you have nothing semi intelligent to add to the discussion refrain from posting.

everyone is entitled to their opinion. thats the way I see it and I am an avid player on hybrid. Imbus takes away people from the normal lands, and the normal lands werent populated enough in the first place to create even a partial second facet.

Marsalis

Wanderer

jmyers06 said:
I think this is a well written and right-on post.

Look the solution here is... guess what EA/OSI already did it. They built Trammel and Felucca and so on. Guess what gang... most people don't like to be slaughtered every 5 minutes. While you have every right to enjoy that, most people don't. Like it or not and as Oriel put it there are many play styles. News flash the least popular is to Player Kill. Now I have played UO since October of 1997. I have beta tested and played almost every MMORPG that has hit the market in the past 10 years. Does that make me better than anyone? Hell no, but I have seen a lot of real life and a lot of "these games." These arguments were had by me and my group when I was the same age as most of you and they will be had again by others...

I am a role player; I have never killed another player that did not attack first. Just not my style, but I have nothing against those that do. What I don't care for is all the BS like waiting at a Jhelom teleporter or someone’s house to gank them. In the real world you all (PKers) would be breaking the law and would be charged with harassment. You all will learn that these skills will get you no where when it comes time for you to pay your bills and feed your family. Oh settle down I know it is a game, but the behavior is just the same. I love an epic Good vs. Evil battle, but some dork pimped out in all his/her neon bling-bling waiting to harvest new players. I just don't get that, killing for killing sake. Eventually you all will force most players to demise or some other player shard that recognizes that most people like Trammel. Or at least some form of safety where they can enjoy the game in their own way. When you have a trammel the PvP is so much better because it is real, skill against skill, template against template. Not some dudes farming noobs.

I think I can sum this up for you all before I am called a care bare trammie lover and so on...

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Leave Imbus and the RP'ers be. If anything make the teleporters only allow members of a listed RP guild. Make a central location where the guilds can recruit without fear of attack. Once in the guild you are free to enter and RP-PK till your little hearts content, but then again that would require some of you to put some thought behind your playing... what a concept.

So those that flame obviously take my post to be pointed at them and well in that case it is. Oh and calling me "gay" or "fag" is just silly. I am married with 2 kids and have never had sex with another man. I know a lot of you use these terms on these boards and for the life of me I don't understand why.

Oh and to the person that is free to HATE people for the choices they make in life... seek help my friend. How sad your life must be with all that HATE. Just ignore them like most people.

Oh and to all the "go smoke a blunt” suggestions..." I just may... One of the perks you get as a mature, successful adult.
:shocked:

I am going back to playing Ultima, the game. Roll Playing and dieing while trying to make my way. Of course I made a few donations to the shard for all the hard work and cost that I know full well goes into such a project. Yet another perk of being a grown up.

:tup:
Great post, I agree fully with it.

Although I'll say this is by far the best UO shard out there and it is leaps ahead of any other private server, I still think that the people killers are being pampered. I used to be a pk in the OSI stat loss era and it was much tougher there then it is here. Here, you can be someone with no fighting skill and have in the hundreds of murders. You can get away with anything, and they even let you go into towns. I'm a strong defender of pking in MMORPG's, I think they are essential into building a strong community, but they should have harsh penalties, there should be a natural selection of who can become a pk and who cant. Just like now with factions, I've been surprised to see how few people are in factions, where the real skilled players are. Imbus is not killing Fellucia, the people who cant fight and resort to killing a newbie tamers horses are and saying they were "zpwned!%!%!%!" are. I know there are a lot of good players on this server so I dont think implementing harsher murderer penalties would do any bad. In fact, it would actually welcome the people that dont want to be killed a hundred times everyday.

People in Imbus are definetly not pussies, they have a limited place(T2A) where they can actually have fun without being pissed on by immature players. People killing is ALLOWED there, you can PvP roleplayers although you might get raped afterwards by their alternate characters. Its not a place for carebears, PKs here have absolutly NO right to say that, none at all. Lets implemenent the harsher penalties and see how many pks stay that way, then call the roleplayers pussies.

selo

Wanderer

absent minded said:
everyone is entitled to their opinion. thats the way I see it and I am an avid player on hybrid. Imbus takes away people from the normal lands, and the normal lands werent populated enough in the first place to create even a partial second facet.

See now wasn't that easier.

Marsalis

Wanderer

Apoc Arad said:
KILL THEM ALL FFS
I hate your name, Apoc was my murderers name. I havent rolled him yet here, he'll be a roleplaying pker on fellucia, I'm waiting to get my PvP skills back in top form, that'll take a while. I used to be the only Apoc on the net, now there are plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.