UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I remember when...

Re: I remember when...

DragonSlayer69r;1820185 said:
i remember when i used to have music turned on because it was beautiful to listen to, instead of turning it off so i could hear when to sync drop.

Yes the way older music was actually worth listening too, then they had to go and fuck it up too.

i also remember sync'ing with yahoo messangers voice chat. And a lady named angel's dove who had a pretty big house in hidden valley( reason i wanted a house in there) who told me she killed a man because he raped her 6yr old daughter and said she had an open marriage, and then haveing to explain what an open marriage was to me...i was 9 btw.

i also remember when you used a bandage on yourself or someone they could not be bandaged for like 2mins again. Makes sence i guess, all these dexxers are running around all mummified, lol. funny image in meh head.

gsc94

Sorceror

I remember when in the shard that I used to play (Metropolis Shard), pks could be called by guards even if it hadnt attacked anyone in town.
I remember killing paragon monsters.
I remember raising resist using fire field on me.
I remember when my friend and I finally got the money to buy a good house. After accepting the trade, immediately a thief stole it. :(
I remember that all the corpse that I saw in town I wanted to cut it...but one day I cut a blue corpse and lost my things.
I also remember when I used to listen the UO musics. But ML musics is not as good as Renassaince ones.

Amerigo

Sorceror

oh the nostalgia.... i thought I'd add in
I remember when you could have one house per character, and I pimped it out on 7x7 classics.
I remember when I used to get killed by gargoyles... I still get a little chill when I hear them
I remember when we kept finding these moonstones as loot on random things, and wondering what they hell they were
I remember when everyone used to drop those no draw backpacks all over, and then when they got fixed they worth instantly worth millions
I remember when people would get a house sold to them, only to find out the house had been sold to 5 other people.
I remember when I got scammed trying to buy a house
I remember when I used to read Welcome to www.imanewbie.com, Ultima Online comics, Diablo cartoons and more! but ended up waiting for like 5 minutes on a 56k modem

brutay

Wanderer

I remember the original UO box with the burning house, the murdered girl with the gems all over, etc. :)

siris/james

Wanderer

i remember having a bank full of purple faction items and always logging in worried that i might be banned
i remember buying my blessed vanq
i remember taking gullible rich people to khaldun in trammel and telling them i'd teach them to dupe their items if they sold to me for half price and it made them drop to ground
i remember gaining skill by 8x8ing on boats
i remember first learning to pingpong
i remember farming in the brit sewers when i first started
i remember making 1 mill killing earth elems on a dexer
i remember arch mage from great lakes (red with highest bounty) and helping kill him at buccs/vesp tele and raging when i missed the head
i remember going to drop mine and my friends house to place a villa and someone camped it and placed and i thought i did and i started draggin all our loot onto the plot and he just locked it all down and banned me
i remember having low ass str and dex and running by harpies/ettins/trolls in the woods and would get like 5 screens away from them, run out of stam, and they would eventually catch up and kill me
i remember gear and speeder xp
i remember ask chopper
i remember one of my chars being a macer/archer thinking i could kill their stam then walk a few tiles away from them and just arching them down without getting hit
i remember the yew sandstone pk house on great lakes
i remember having a rune in the star room
i remember running across the orphidian pit in terras keep and switching the lever thinking i could get to some awsome place but it never did anything
i remember placing boats in dungeons
i remember getting my easter eggs stolen and raging the fuck out

Mcbain

Sorceror

I remember buying a boat with 4 other friends and making a trip down the river connecting Minoc and Vesper thinking I was going on a really big sea voyage

I remember my friends ditching me in Vesper laughing as they sailed off and being afraid and worried on how to get back Minoc

Mcbain;1823863 said:
I remember buying a boat with 4 other friends and making a trip down the river connecting Minoc and Vesper thinking I was going on a really big sea voyage
Rofl, I met this guy named Zak back in 98 on Atlantic and everyday we'd venture from Britain to Vesper on foot thinking is was some super duper amazing voyage.

Damn, those were the days.

brutay

Wanderer

Mcbain;1823863 said:

I remember my friends ditching me in Vesper laughing as they sailed off and being afraid and worried on how to get back Minoc

Did you play on Baja by chance? I swear, the exact same thing happened to me (we left our friend and sailed off laughing, not knowing how to get back home)...

zeverneth

Wanderer

In Baja, I remember:
- Running a good 6-7 mins south east from yew bank with a good friend Cyclone to hunt orcs
- First come to ice island and only 1 of us can cast mark, and he failed like a good 5-6 times
- Putting a glass over - key to macro hiding
- Paying over $1,000 in phone bills because I didn't check whether or not the number I dial was a local one =\
- Me and 4 other friends made a dragon hunter group with me on the front, since I can parry, and 4 others whack the dragon while bandaging me
- Had a fight with a famous PK named Ronald MacDonald or something for like 10 mins, firefielding, reactive armor, fireball, lost it cuz no regs. Fight was in Deceit in the small boxed room with a couple blues watching and no one dares to interfere.
- When Chaos/Order shield insta kill someone who's not in their order try to wield it.
- When I thought we can ride dragons :p
- Move to Siege Perilous on first day when it first started

In Siege I remember:
- Making money by begging from nobles
- Bought a decent big house on Southern corner in Moonglow isle, which I sold on ebay for $1,200
- Being a hero and have all my armor glowing.
- Summon a white wolf (which can't fight =\ )
- Made a tinker, then trap a chest
- Sold the rest of my 3 accounts then moved to EQ1 :p

Antwon

Wanderer

I loved being a menace in deciet. I had a bard/mage before they nerfed it and would lure the poison elle into the lich spawn with all the dexxers with silvers, then hiding and casting 2 energy fields.

The Terra Keep was also fun when the green ones used to give magic weapons and when I was too n00b to fight the terras or orphs but i just lured them to fight each other then quickly killed the losers.

It was pretty funny being hidden and watching 3 avengers vs a matriarch and a few knight errants then provoking the avengers on whatever jackass had the balls to go down stairs. DP 4tW

zeverneth;1824751 said:
I remember:- Putting a glass over - key to macro hiding

Hah, yea, I remember doing that.

I remember the first time I ever saw a drake walk on screen and thought it was soooo cool, little did I knew that a dragon was even bigger.