UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I remember when...

Lord Fire

Wanderer
Re: I remember when...

I remember when you could switch order to chaos back and forth as many times as you wanted without delay if the guildmaster was at the place. Our guild will kill both, wherever we were.

Suriv

Sorceror

I remember stealing from store chests just to sell the loot back so I could afford a Kryss.
I remember running to despise to use that kryss on the ettins to make more money.
I remember running back to town every time I'd get 400 gold to bank it.
I remember sneaking past a PK using only hiding (No stealth) to bring 1.2k back to Britain bank, then looting 1k from a dead player on the way back.
I remember using all of that money to buy my first boat.
I remember sailing that boat to the savages place outside of Cove, and trying to kill a mounted savage with my gm fencing, 0 tactics, 0 anatomy character.
I remember trying to poison my blade by doubleclicking the potion.
I remember running away after that.

brutay

Wanderer

I remember around 1999 when my in-game friend (KiNg OpeNaCaN's) younger brother got an account and came hunting with us. He was bragging that he had read an in-game book on "The Orcish Language", which translated what orcs say into english.

(like when they go urghgh blrburrhgrh burrh, You Bad With Weapon)

ms9809

Wanderer

I remember when you could purchase those big blue vendor tents.

I remember the first time I used my thief and did a random steal on someone and got one of those tent deeds.

I remember my friend calling me to log on at 2 in the morning because our house was getting looted. :( I still remember the looters name: Vile of Hythloth.

I remember making a box of people outside of trinsic west gate. We would all hide and when someone entered the box we sould close it up and steal everything they had in their packs.

I remember my first time outside of town getting asked to come into someones house for "a cup of tea" then getting pkd.

Zmey

Wanderer

"I remember the day that OSI quit using volunteer counselors. We logged in one day to find all our counselor accounts banned. Everyone getting into mirc and going WTF and a GM saying "we are no longer using volunteers"

I still feel bad for that. Counselors used to get some cool commands. I remember back when there were only a few mare spawns and it took forever for them to respawn. One of them was deep in terr keep and not many people could get there tot ame it (you couldnt mark runes in t2a at the time). I would take my counselor character down there and teleport my tamer to it, tame the mare and use my counselor character to take it back to town. Made a killing selling mares. Would also teleport balrons on top of people in Hythloth lol. People would block them in with chests so they couldnt get past the doorway. It was hysterical when all of the sudden the balron was instantly on top of them.

I played Atlantic, but i was a counselor for Lake Superior, Counselor name was Rakshah.

They brought back volunteer's last month.

I remember when UO was released and the guild I was in Order of Balance (oob) made the charter edition of the play guide under guilds.

I remember killing a pk. loot his rune house key and then his house.

WaRgAzM

Knight

First char I ever made on uo was a Parry Macer archer. God he was fun =P I accually replicated him not a month ago. quite the pvm champ =P

aradeus

Wanderer

I started UO on the first day of launch. The first thing I did was start in Minoc and tame a llama. I brought the llama back into town and tried to feed it a fish (my character was animal taming and fishing) but it wouldn't eat it. A big crowd gathered around near what is now the Minoc bank (Minoc didn't used to have a bank) and everyone was amazed at the llama and ran around trying to find something that it would eat.

Also, anybody else remember before they added bank boxes? You could only drop money onto the banker npc and use the balance and withdraw commands.

Antwon

Wanderer

The very first day I played I just started running around, ended up in T2A and had NO idea how to get back to brit.

I was stuck in/around del for a good 2 weeks.....

Good thread, brought a tear to my eye, that & me listening to Alan Jackson's song "Remember When" at the same time.

i remember when i used to have music turned on because it was beautiful to listen to, instead of turning it off so i could hear when to sync drop.