UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid Winter Trade Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridian

Wanderer
Re: Hybrid Winter Trade Fair

Is it still possible to place vendors?

I see everything is now getting build up...

Mika

Sorceror

Winter Trade Fair has begun and it has become quite sucessful so far.
Players can still page in to add vendors although the space is limited. First come first serve.

FYI: Players with vendors at the fair, you can collect the gold on the last day and do not necessarily need to collect the gold every hour or so. Please DO make sure you do check the earth days so your vendor will not decay on you and "die". During the last fair we did, many vendors fell and decayed since players did not pay attention to them. [We will not reinburse you for anything if that happens]

Good luck and earn tons of GOLD! <3

KoNNaN

Knight

Smooth setup Tessa and Mika. Thank you for letting me come back and finish my vendor after work, I know you were both busy.
This thing is great, come restock your vendors everybody, stuffs going fast!

:D

This event has finally made me start to clear thru my clutter. I've managed to fill an 18x18 and a half just from idoc stuff.

I must have near 300 empty kegs lol. Weapons and armour next.

yayo05

Sorceror

First time i have been around for a trade fair.. and I must say its an Awesome event/ Idea. TY Mika for being so accomidating to getting players vendors it was a smooth and easy setup. !

Patheasy

Sorceror

why can't there be a designated place to have this permanently, so convenient, all vendors in one place. less spam at banks??

KoNNaN

Knight

daltonrooney;1807098 said:
why can't there be a designated place to have this permanently, so convenient, all vendors in one place. less spam at banks??

It would be nice to have a mall.

Countessa

Knight

bilabonbon;1807174 said:
any way to place a vendor at the fair now? im new, so dont know wt to do....thx~

Yes you can still place until later this afternoon.
Choose a blue character to place the vendor with. Make sure this character is ready with 20k/vendor you want to place. Make sure any items you want to stock on the vendor are in your bank or on the character. Then page.
You'll be pulled to the setup area where your vendor will be placed. It can be dressed and stocked there. Then we will move it out to the fair when you are done.
As mentioned, you can also stock/restock at the fair as well.

Dexter420

Sorceror

daltonrooney;1807098 said:

That would be cool, but im guessing this takes a little bit of work for the GM's and its kind of a nice treat to have one every few months, a vendor mall would be cool, but i think itd lose its pull after a while, and it just wouldnt be the same :).

Patheasy

Sorceror

Dexter420;1807403 said:
itd lose its pull after a while, and it just wouldnt be the same :).

i can see that happening, it would be nice to at least see fairs more frequently.

Crafter

Sorceror

Another great fair but one thing that i think needs to be corrected is the false advertising of ASH's i checked during the server wars and there was one advertised as +60 and another as +30 and both were only plus ten and i found another one later (unfortunately) that was the same way. i feel that with as open as this fair is, and with as good as it is advertised, that a newer player could potentially get scammed out of money by buying a fasely advertised ASH. Since the false advertisement of ASH is like the false commidity deeds, except even harder to recoginze, and the false commdity deeds are banned from the fair, the falsely advertised ASH should be too. The vendors should either be required to put the correct +XX blacksmith in the description or just leave it blank, but they should not be able to put a +60 on a hammer that is really +10.

KoNNaN

Knight

you can prove the commodity deed scam before buying it, not so much with your example.

Crafter

Sorceror

although, i proved it last night, during server wars i bought a couple, as stated, one was advertised as a +60 and the other as a +30, but they were both +10, i think there should be some insurance for players against things like that

KoNNaN

Knight

proved it to yourself. what I'm saying is you can't click it and see like comm deeds, so you can't really report it. Just avoid things you can't tell, like runebooks.

Countessa

Knight

The Fair ends tonight. Tomorrow morning all vendors will be returned to the setup area. Players can page to retrieve the items and gold still on their vendor.
Players have one week for this. All unclaimed vendors will be deleted on January 27th. Any items or gold still on these vendors will be deleted with them.

A word on scams at the fair(s).

For all three events, there have been players who have tried (some successfully) to scam other players at the fair. This is/was done with falsely named items, lottery scams, etc.
Although I would like to make a set-in-stone no scamming rule for the fair, it is simply not practical. Staff cannot be there to monitor the fair every minute. Too, setting a rule like that results in many false claims and staff must decide who is telling the truth if any action is to be taken.
To put it plainly, that these things need to be monitored and ruled to the full extent takes much of the enjoyment away from the event for both the players And the staff. This does not mean I have not noticed who is trading honestly and who is looking to cheat others players.
For those that find it enjoyable to make their gold at server hosted fairs like this by scamming, you may soon find you are not allowed entry to my events.
Use some common sense and decency. This is supposed to be a game, fun for all.

For all of you who participated honestly at the fair (the majority :) ), I thank you for making this event a success.

And finally (and of great importance!)
If you enjoyed the event, please leave a much earned thank you for Mika and Lynn. Murphy's Law prevented me from attending to most of the setup. Without them, this fair would never have happened this weekend as planned.
Thanks to both of you!!

bilabonbon

Wanderer

yea!! thx to Mika, Lynn, Tessa giving every effort to hold the event~ this is the 1st time i place vendor. it was so exciting and joyful~ i managed to earn some gold in selling cratable goods =P...i've learnt alot from the event too~ looking forward to next fair =)

Status
Not open for further replies.