UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hard to make money, cant sell much

Tr1n1ty

Wanderer
Hard to make money, cant sell much

How the hell do you make money fast. I remember long ago it was to make plate gorgets and sell them to armor smith but here all i can sell is 5-10 ringmail tunic earning around 1000 gold before the vendor says that he cant afford any more.

So how the hell am i supposed to make money besides killing.

Doug502

Wanderer
Re: Hard to make money, cant sell much

Four words words.......greater(insert potion)potion kegs.

I hear it has made several millionaires on the server....lol.
Kegs seem to sell good for real tho. Full ones of course. Especially explo pots and g-heal and g-cure.
:)

D

wkstrm

Lord

BOD's makes good money too if you're into it for real. you will need atleast 10 chars collecting BOD's.

UncleSam

Knight

Doug502;2013673 said:
and g-cure.
:)

D

lol i havnt bought or made gcure kegs in forever.. they dnt go to fast.. id say explo and refresh are the most in demand

Tr1n1ty

Wanderer

Ok ill make an alchemist, but seriously they should really fix this. This basically degrades all the other professions making them almost useless. I really think they should allow blacksmiths to sell everything they make to the vendor, this way gaining money would be at least on the same level as alchemy.

Kastor

Sorceror

IDOCs are a very lucrative business as well as purchasing a vendor spot at either Yew Bank or another highly popular vendor mall and shoving what you make + loot from IDOCS on them.
Best way to earn money is to mix it up so you never get bored and are always making money.

wkstrm

Lord

Tr1n1ty;2013690 said:
Ok ill make an alchemist, but seriously they should really fix this. This basically degrades all the other professions making them almost useless. I really think they should allow blacksmiths to sell everything they make to the vendor, this way gaining money would be at least on the same level as alchemy.

Disregard me thanking your post, it was a missclick.

There is a reason you cannot sell everything you make to NPC's. NPC's only have a set amount of gold and when the gold they have is lost it will take some time until they respawn, I think the timer is set to 1½ hour or so.

However, making the vendors have infinite gold would be the worst thing that could happend to Hybrid economy. That would mean that people will have infinite amounts of money. Personally, I think it would be good if there was only a certain amount of gold available ingame and that the limit would never be exceeded.

For example, say the limit is 1000 million gold. If that limit is reached no more gold will spawn on monsters, but regular loot will spawn as usuall. That would actually make money worth something again.

Tr1n1ty

Wanderer

wkstrm;2013692 said:
Disregard me thanking your post, it was a missclick.

There is a reason you cannot sell everything you make to NPC's. NPC's only have a set amount of gold and when the gold they have is lost it will take some time until they respawn, I think the timer is set to 1½ hour or so.

However, making the vendors have infinite gold would be the worst thing that could happend to Hybrid economy. That would mean that people will have infinite amounts of money. Personally, I think it would be good if there was only a certain amount of gold available ingame and that the limit would never be exceeded.

For example, say the limit is 1000 million gold. If that limit is reached no more gold will spawn on monsters, but regular loot will spawn as usuall. That would actually make money worth something again.

From what i can see each vendor has 1000 gold, this means i can sell 9-10 items per 1½ hours. It seems kinda pointless leveling your black smithing to GM just to earn 1000 gold per hour. It wouldnt hurt raising it a bit. At the moment i would take me 5-15 days just to get the cheapest house. Playing around 3 hours average. I could get the same thing within 2-4 days. If the vendors had a 2500 gold cap.

I think ima go along with "Llamaboy"s idea and look for IDOCS.

wkstrm

Lord

Tr1n1ty;2013696 said:
From what i can see each vendor has 1000 gold, this means i can sell 9-10 items per 1½ hours. It seems kinda pointless leveling your black smithing to GM just to earn 1000 gold per hour. It wouldnt hurt raising it a bit. At the moment i would take me 5-15 days just to get the cheapest house. Playing around 3 hours average. I could get the same thing within 2-4 days. If the vendors had a 2500 gold cap.

I think ima go along with "Llamaboy"s idea and look for IDOCS.

The game is not designed to be a single player game, the interaction between players is what the game is about. I made like 100k/day on BOD's for example. It's always been pointless trying to sell items to NPC's.

Here's a post I made a while ago on the subject making money through NPC's. It's a way to try to explain how futile it is.

http://www.uogamers.com/forum/general-discussion/205127-fancy-shirt-million-challenge.html

Tr1n1ty

Wanderer

wkstrm;2013704 said:
The game is not designed to be a single player game, the interaction between players is what the game is about. I made like 100k/day on BOD's for example. It's always been pointless trying to sell items to NPC's.

Here's a post I made a while ago on the subject making money through NPC's. It's a way to try to explain how futile it is.

http://www.uogamers.com/forum/general-discussion/205127-fancy-shirt-million-challenge.html

Although some people enjoy earning some money single player instead of constantly depending on other players. For example it would be way easier to level my skills if i had a house, even the shitty cheap one. Knowing no one would be interested in my armor/weapons that i make since its all noob, the last resort is selling to the vendor. Yet at the rate im going its gonna take a long long while before i get even the cheapest house because the vendor gold cap is so low.

3 Hours [Playing Per Day] = 3000 gold
Cheapest House = 30k-33k

around 10 Days.

Sure i love PvP but earning money single player is also useful.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

if you prefer to make money by selling to npc, you may do it by filling the BOD. The npc may not buy your armor as they are out of cash (~2800 gp). But, they will pay for the BOD you've done.

Tr1n1ty

Wanderer

Paracelsus;2013713 said:
if you prefer to make money by selling to npc, you may do it by filling the BOD. The npc may not buy your armor as they are out of cash (~2800 gp). But, they will pay for the BOD you've done.

Thanks, Ill try that out and see how it goes.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Or you can sell your stuff at non-peak time. Usually, the npc have enough cash to pay your stuff.

PS: My one round trip selling, I can sell 30k+ items.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Try selling in Jhelom and Britain at around this time.

The npc should have money now except all drawn by me. :)

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

You would be better off just mining the ingots and selling them directly to a player.

You can mine 50k worth of ingots in no time,

Beware of thieves!

dixie

Sorceror

Tr1n1ty;2013708 said:
3 Hours [Playing Per Day] = 3000 gold
Cheapest House = 30k-33k

around 10 Days.

Remember that there's more than one NPC blacksmith in this game. Learn where they are.

Getting 100k for a cheap 7x7 and walls isn't going to be your problem. Finding placement will be. If you really need a small house, check out the free depot religiously. They give 7x7s and small house placements away pretty frequently.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

MadeInQuebec;2013730 said:
You would be better off just mining the ingots and selling them directly to a player.

You can mine 50k worth of ingots in no time,

Beware of thieves!

Yes. It is another way. If, just in case, you really can't find any player to buy it, send me a private message. I can buy the amount that can give you sufficient funding for a sweet home.