UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Happy 420 UOGamers o_o

Yeah, I'm not even sure that it became titled "The war on drugs" until Reagan, though I could be wrong. Those old timey propaganda films are fricken hilarious. I caught one on AMC a few years back called "Marihuana!" some girl was convinced to smoke weed at a party, and her and her friends, cackling like retards, decided to go for a swim in the beach, where at least one of them drowned.

Of course, she ended up being addicted to heroin, even selling it.

The gateway drug theory has it's roots pretty far back, even with the lack of real data supporting it. Have most heroin addicts smoked weed first? Probably. Do most pot smokers become heroin addicts? No, of course not. That's retarded. There's a statistical correlation, but nothing about it even implies it's causal.

I love how people claim it is a gateway drug. If anything tobacco is the gateway drug. I mean who just wakes up one day and says I THINK ILL SMOKE SOME CRACK

I'm gona go out on a limb and agree with the gateway drug theory. People who have tried marijuana are drastically more likely to experiment with other drugs and even become addicted to other drugs than people who have never tried marijuana. you just can't argue with that, and if you try, you are retarded.

Maybe they interested in changing their mindset? if you say weed is a gateway drug then that would have to apply to tobacco, pills, alcohol, caffeine, and any other mind altering chemicals/drugs.

Keilani

Sorceror
i think its more of how people are raised if they'll do harder drugs
if your mom's a crack whore well your probably gonna get addicted to crack and go onto harder drugs trying to kill the pain that your mother didnt want you and that she spent all her time sucking dicks on the cheap to get more crack
if your mother works, loves and instills values in you as you grow up your probably not gonna use harder drugs
i know people who started smoking pot and that are now all cracked out but these people had mothers that were crack whores
bad family morals have the win on gateway drugs
say you have a girl who's "uncle" touched her in her private parts
noone believes her so she rebels and starts staying out late sleeping with guys then gets turned to drugs from the type of people she's around
therefore she turns into someone who uses hard drugs not because she smoked pot but because she made a poor life choice to rebel

sssuuu

Knight

Eh, not a good reference site, doesn't cite sources, it tells me who it is from, but doesn't give me where I can find their data example

"Government statistics show the number of emergency room visits linked to the use of marijuana, which can lead to psychotic episodes and was cited in other medical emergencies, has risen significantly."
Which government statistic/study? When? Where?

Plus it contains lots of individual testimony, bah if I wanted that I could pick up the phone and ask some friends or just post on these forums and see what you guys say...

This one is much more informative, plus gives me extra references. Wooo! Time to check those out whenever have free time.

Mackesy-Amiti ME, Fendrich M, Goldstein PJ. Sequence of drug use among serious drug users: typical vs atypical progression. Drug Alcohol Depend 1997;45(3):185-96.
Joy JE, Watson SJ, Benson JA, eds. Marijuana and medicine: Assessing the science base. Institute of Medicine. Washington DC: National Academy Press, 1999.
Golub A, Johnson BD. Variation in youthful risks of progression from alcohol and tobacco to marijuana and to hard drugs across generations. Am J Public Health 2001;91(2):225-32.

However, slightly miffed that the references used are about a decade old...so sad :/ oh well. I'm sure there can be volumes talked about this subject and there is one already.

*Rides away on an emu*