UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Giving away my Island Home

I know most of you probably don't know who I am as I haven't played in years. After graduating college and starting a career, I've found that in the past two years I just haven't had time to play UO. So I've decided to give away my island home. [below] I'll be giving it away to the person who best describes the qualities that make UO great. Looking forward to your submissions - YEM

its freedom to do whatever you want at nearly any given time.

its been hard to tell on uog for the past year or so, but i like the fact that i can choose to be a murderer or help the person i could have killed. You meet the strangest, but really unique people and can find them at any point in uo.

its what has separated the other games from this one. The freedom started at the beginning, when i logged on for the first time and didnt see any rules or guidelines to help me get to the finish line, but to start a journey that even today i havent finished.

ickyfloyd

Sorceror
Uo is sucking dick or getting ur dick sucked, and all the joy and pain that goes along w/those activities.
idea.jpg
No wonder so many of u dudes prefer to be chicks ;)

Now how about ur other island house? :D
stay gold pony-boy

Uomvp

Knight
It's an interactive online game that lets you choice a path and enjoy it. Any type of template a person can enjoy. They can play solo like hunting, mining, fishing etc. or join a group for huge pvp battles. Just a temporary release from reality. Also a good stable community.

aim. uomvp10

Paracelsus

Sorceror
It is a community full of naughty boys and girls. Some like to live in their own style - planting flower, decorating and cleaning houses. Some like to quarrel with other people and turn out fighting each other. Some like to rob and rape other. However, when the day comes, the boys and girls will grow up and learn to be good men and women. This is what i see in the hybrid server. :)

Sheivan01

Knight
haha best of UO is trolling people, because you really look like UONoobs on this picture and it really reminds me of that one thread you made about your Ice house.. You remember? Alts with firework wands n stuff hah D:

All I have to say is, e.!

Roxxer

Sorceror
I don't plan on winning this but as a 11 year veteran it would be disrespectful to not put in my two cents..

I started playing UO when I was 8 years old because my older brother and all of his friends played it. I played on Catskills and they played on Atlantic. UO, even at that age when I had no clue to what was really going on was fun and addicting and I just ran around and did what ever my adolescent mind told me to do. I have played so many games in my life its unreal, but the only one that has had me coming back for 11 years is UO. You can't really explain why it is so great, but if you ever really got into it you knew why. It has a little slice of everything, and for its time and even in todays standard it is still one of the greatest games of all time. It set the standard for what an online game should be.

For people that like PvP, UO is one of the most demanding in true skill and was never item based like most games nowadays.
For people that like PvE, you can't get better than the dungeons and monsters that Ultima has to offer
For people who like material things, there is a limitless amount of items and hues that you can buff up your paperdoll with.
For people who like creating, you can build and customize a house to look any way that your heart desires.
Those are just a few of the main characteristics of the game, that always made me happy.

When I used to try to get my friends to play UO with me, they just looked at the graphics and automatically turned it down. This has taught me a life long lesson to not judge a book by its cover. Games like WoW and AoC, etc. are aesthetically pleasing but have no real content in my opinion.

Another reason I have always loved UO is because of the people. Of course there are the griefing ass holes and the people who wake up in the morning just to make people rage and cry over a video game but besides that, the majority of the people who play are really nice and down to earth. Since I started on Hybrid, I've pretty much been friends with the same people and they have always looked out for me on the field and just for my better interest. I've been in the same guild for about four years, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyways, I could rant on forever to why this is my favorite game, but honestly I don't think you would want or have the time to read that novel..
That concludes my two cents.. :)

Mara

Knight
One of the best parts of UO is that every shard is another world complete unto itself, and as unique as the creators and players that share it. It's a game that is customizable enough to give it limitless possibilities. Every game designer or developer can do as much or as little as they want with it, to cater to the environment that they are trying to create. It was a landmark step in taking the traditions of Dungeons and Dragons to the next level, and bringing about another generation of people that stayed up late at night pretending to be things they only dreamed about.

With that aside, I'd still say just keep it for a little while longer, because the real reason is that it's something you will never really let go of. There is no shame in that.

Newk

Sorceror
Where to start?

UO is the only game that can stand the test of time. It was so basic in it's principals and mechanics, but that's what made it so appealing. It is a game that has something for everybody. Casual gamers could enjoy it as much as the hardcore pvpers did. There was no time sink like most other games that have come and gone. You could log in, play for 15-20 mins and feel like you've accomplished something. The PvP is so pure and unmatched in the sense that you did not have to have the best of everything to be competitive and someone who played for 2 weeks has just as much of a chance of winning a fight as someone who has played for 2 years. The ingame economy and vendor system was leaps and bounds beyond any other game. You could own houses and decorate them any way you wanted to. You didn't have to be a certain level to ride a horse. There were endless places to hunt & fish. Many creatures to tame. Lots of people to fight. And the player base was huge. I met some of my best friends playing UO. I started playing in '98 after watching my future brother-in-law play for a couple hours. From that point on, I was hooked. I have tried many other MMO's yet I always seem to come back to UO because they just can't compare with all UO has to offer. I just find it amazing how everytime I play, I just get overwhelmed with nostalgia. It brings back so many memories of a time when I didn't have the burden of a house payment and a car payment and trying to keep food on the table for my wife and kid. It's just a great escape from reality sometimes when you just need to get your head clear. I will probably keep playing it for a long time to come.

Because it is the only game I have played since1997. That speaks volume and I am on a phone and tired of typi

Indeed

Sorceror
There are so many reasons (for me) why Ultima Online is unique and still one of the best MMORPG that exists.
It has so many facettes, so many ways to have fun (or not) and you can be anyone that you like to be.
After a hard Day i love to play Uo , talking to Ppl, doing Buisness or just play the way it was made for.
Its a World far away from Reality and you get addicted pretty fast. there were times i was online like 24/7 because i just could not stop xD

Well, i know its not allways fun and bad shit happens here,too but you have to get over it, deal with it.
Everything evolves and so did i...hat a break for like 2 years and i just came back coz i still love this game.

Ultima online is played by Ppl all over the World and brings them all together at one Point, one Shard.
Its your decission what kind of char you play.A merchant or a Pk or just a tamer with his pets to farm
gold or items. I love the way how you can be someone else here...If you look back how long this Game
is still played by so many Players that no other new games get.

I would like to say so much more but my english is only good enough for conversation xD

if i had to describe UO in one sentence, i would say :

The best made MMORPG with tons of unique features and never ending hours of fun.

Take care and best wishes for your feature.

-Jasmine-

Stoltz

Sorceror
UO is kewl because of it's freedom and for the fact that no other RPG game can hold it's standards. It's greatly underrated, and I think everyone who has played it knows that it is so. It's also fun that it's like what? 14-15 years old and no other game is up to their standards yet.
I also love the economy system! Sounds weird, but it's my favorite aspect of this game, and it's also one of the reasons that keeps UO so free!

Folken1

Sorceror
UO IS GREAT BECAUSE IT PROVIDES A LIMITLESS AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCES.

I will never forget all of the great UO firsts. the location of my first house *by the pass to Despise*, the first time i DIED (orcish lord! before they were called orcish lords), THE FIRST TIME I EVER POLYMORPHED *this was my only goal as a newb, i had high hopes of gaining the stats/skills of a demon* there are too many more of these FIRSTS to list

FRIENDS!!! One of the best things about this game is sharing your experiences with friends, some of the best memories i have of UO are great pvp moments with my trusted friends. there's nothing like going into a hopeless battle with your one buddy and somehow surviving and at the end standing atop of 6 enemy corpses. Or you and your group of tamers managing to DESTROY a group of dastardly pks trying to take you out. Also, nothing's better than randomly reuniting with a friend from your UO past!

UO GIVES YOU A RUSH.... MAN... whether its landing the clutch final blow against a monster or player while you're both redlined, somehow managing to grab the rare before the other 5 guys that are camping the spawn, sweating drops as you wait for the key moment in some silly scam you came up with, or even seeing that silver/vanquishing on a weap you ID from a monster, most of the moments you get that RUSH will never fade from your uo memory

UO GIVES THAT SWEET SATISFACTION! there's nothing more satisfying than .... landing the clutch heal on one of your brothers in arms right as they are about to eat dirt, coming back from afk just in time to heal yourself and kill the NEWB who was trying to kill you afk in your house, finally GMing skills after sitting at the bone knight wall in Deceit for days, but what's most satisfying to me is REVENGE. you guys know what i'm talkin about. GETTING VENGEANCE!! killin that bastard who managed to take you out right as you were about to hit the bank with your monster loot, somehow managing to scam back or totally fuck over some guy who scammed you, infiltrating a guild full of people you hate and killing them all afk at the bank! oh man so many glorious revenge moments that can make this game great

One other thing that has always made UO great is the FREAKIN HOLIDAYS. From the beginning of OSI to UOGamers, the holidays have always been freakin dope. I remember running around desperately at brit bank on OSI lookin for the guy with the prize ticket that matched mine, I remember the holiday test centers where you could be a reindeer and other xmas and halloween creatures. UOGamers holidays are a bit different but there is still awesome hype for them and brit bank is always packed just like on OSI.

UO IS FUN. AFTER SO MANY YEARS OF PLAYING, THIS GAME IS STILL FUN.

I could go on forever but you guys get the picture, it's the experiences that make this game great, it's what keeps people playing and is the reason this game is still around with active players after so many years.

AIM-DWL35DC

Sheivan01

Knight
UO IS GREAT BECAUSE IT PROVIDES A LIMITLESS AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCES.

I will never forget all of the great UO firsts. the location of my first house *by the pass to Despise*, the first time i DIED (orcish lord! before they were called orcish lords), THE FIRST TIME I EVER POLYMORPHED *this was my only goal as a newb, i had high hopes of gaining the stats/skills of a demon* there are too many more of these FIRSTS to list

FRIENDS!!! One of the best things about this game is sharing your experiences with friends, some of the best memories i have of UO are great pvp moments with my trusted friends. there's nothing like going into a hopeless battle with your one buddy and somehow surviving and at the end standing atop of 6 enemy corpses. Or you and your group of tamers managing to DESTROY a group of dastardly pks trying to take you out. Also, nothing's better than randomly reuniting with a friend from your UO past!

UO GIVES YOU A RUSH.... MAN... whether its landing the clutch final blow against a monster or player while you're both redlined, somehow managing to grab the rare before the other 5 guys that are camping the spawn, sweating drops as you wait for the key moment in some silly scam you came up with, or even seeing that silver/vanquishing on a weap you ID from a monster, most of the moments you get that RUSH will never fade from your uo memory

UO GIVES THAT SWEET SATISFACTION! there's nothing more satisfying than .... landing the clutch heal on one of your brothers in arms right as they are about to eat dirt, coming back from afk just in time to heal yourself and kill the NEWB who was trying to kill you afk in your house, finally GMing skills after sitting at the bone knight wall in Deceit for days, but what's most satisfying to me is REVENGE. you guys know what i'm talkin about. GETTING VENGEANCE!! killin that bastard who managed to take you out right as you were about to hit the bank with your monster loot, somehow managing to scam back or totally fuck over some guy who scammed you, infiltrating a guild full of people you hate and killing them all afk at the bank! oh man so many glorious revenge moments that can make this game great

One other thing that has always made UO great is the FREAKIN HOLIDAYS. From the beginning of OSI to UOGamers, the holidays have always been freakin dope. I remember running around desperately at brit bank on OSI lookin for the guy with the prize ticket that matched mine, I remember the holiday test centers where you could be a reindeer and other xmas and halloween creatures. UOGamers holidays are a bit different but there is still awesome hype for them and brit bank is always packed just like on OSI.

UO IS FUN. AFTER SO MANY YEARS OF PLAYING, THIS GAME IS STILL FUN.

I could go on forever but you guys get the picture, it's the experiences that make this game great, it's what keeps people playing and is the reason this game is still around with active players after so many years.

AIM-DWL35DC

I thought after all those years you knew YEM :p

Squire
Sure, I'll give it a shot. I started in 2000, played OSI for a year and heard of a tool called UOGateway which enabled you to login to a server emulator of UO. UOGateway was no doubt probably the best thing that happened ever in UO history. My first encounter with UOGamers was back around 05' and at the time I didn't really understand the ruleset because I played AOS servers. It took me about a half a year (on/off) maybe to get on my feet. During this time I came across someone who would be my future guild leader and friend: a legend. He created Pro and I had tagged along.

Old or new era, Pro sure wasn't around during the prime of 05 but fights were still to be had and we were definitely picking up our game. The fights that we've encountered or engaging any group was and always is fun. In our fights we put out sheer dedication, moving tile for tile while outnumbered as a unit all positioned in different directions hoping not to get stunned... only to get a synch put in you and have your buddy come up from off screen and hit that nice ass clutch heal. These fights were intense, sometimes walking onto the enemy screen and dropping 4-5 enemies within the first minute of the fight which seems like a nearly impossible feat but it became alive. Also everyone and anyone who is anyone should know that success isn't just measured by one mans calling; Pro won majority of the fights because of the time and effort put into practicing constantly, weighing out all possiblities, and putting the guild before you when it came to the field.

Former/Current Roster (anyone ever tagged): a legend, link, sig, tet, tyler, hero, stides, raserei, josey, coma, Minerva, siris, willy, space and ruler. (I know I'm missing like 1 or 2 people, sorry if I forgot to add someone its too early in the AM)

My experience and what I personally think the qualities that make UO great aren't all summed up in this post because there are so many but this by far has got to be the best out of them all.

Screenshots/Videos of us in action:
Pictures(Album):http://imageshack.us/g/859/gluttonyofsds2.png/
My POV playing w/ Pro + Spaceman Susan:

a legend POV playing w/ Pro:

Sheivan POV playing w/ me + random crew:

Good fights to all.

It sure was fun and still can be, this game still has life and is plentiful of opportunities. I hope everyone liked my submission, somewhat short but tried to not make it lengthy.

ruedigerbnu

Wanderer
Oh well... this will be a long post (might have a lot of english mistakes, but lets do it)

I started playing UO back in 05', when i was 11 and saw my older brother playing with his irl friends, so i decided giving it a shot, most likely, we used to kill rotting corpses at jhellom farms with blade spirits (lol), and when our regs were gone, we make another accounts to get more regs and transfer the gold (yes, we didnt knew about skill lol).

After my older brother quit playing, i kept playing with some of brazillian players that ive meet in this game, which was Patrick, Arthur and some of Ni! people (for a short time). I used to IDOC and resell items, had some mad cash, and as a kid, yes, i was a trammy.

So one day, when i try to get on my keep (one that was placed on Compassion shrine desert, with one of kind teleport to the top), it seems like i couldnt move the trash barrel, i was paralyzed for a second, with no reflect of what should i do. So i try to get on the owner account, and it has the passwords changed (only the owner account), oh well, what could i do, i talked to mark, he said he couldnt do much about it, i have my visions about it... about someone that fucked me up.

7 or 14 days after (i dont know how much time was that to a house turn idoc), and after camping the keep daily to see what ever happened, who has it, i see it fall with most of my items in it, i remember Nate saying it was one of the best idocs he ever seen, and i was there... even placed a plot (that was the start of my coming back).

I thought about quitting, but i said to myself that it would make me look like a loser, since someone fucked me up, and basicly staff couldnt do much about it, i decided to stay and start making people feeling the same way i did, yes, i started scamming.

Well, after a while, i had over 300m in items/cash/house, when not many people had 100mill. I feel like it wasnt my money, i didnt really worked for it, even when a scam is a trick, and to me you are working on it, i didnt care about it.

I made some good friends in this game, like patrick, arthur, heavy smoker, maged, genghis khan (abu) and bathing ape...

well, the last name, bathing ape was a good friend for 4-5 years, one day when i lend him/her my full ultra kill suit, he recalled with it, the reason that he said was about i scammed his hong kong friend, when who scammed was Kas or Markus (they had same account name as mine, fatkids.ytmnd.com or something like that), well, that was too late... bathing ape apparently gave it to the hong kong friend and it was gone, or maybe he was lieing to me.

I dont really cared about it, it sucked, but if he wanted to do it after 4-5 years, it was fine, must not worth it for me (and the fact i did that to same people, the difference is that i used to do tricks mostly, only guys ive scammed with trust scam was Link and Only the Best).

A friend of mine, arthur, used to play poker all the time, so i decided playing a bit... i guess that was my worse choice (along with decided scamming people), made up, down, up and down, than down....

Thats some of my story on UOG about friendly/money making/how lost my money.

I was never a guy that looked to play with big groups, maybe some reject me, maybe i was annoying, but i really didnt like to be playing with big groups for the simple reason:

A lot of people in a call - a lot of annoying people, a lot of ganking = no fair fights.
A lot of people like to over call, cant listen, take hours for restock.

I playied with Dream team when i was a scrub, maybe i still am hehe

Abu, or genghis khan, was for sure the guy that i most enjoy playing, for a few things that i could spell in one unique word: simplicity.

Once he said one thing about this game: "people always care about the wrong things", talking about people talking shit, beign trammy. I had to agree with that.

I started on UOG Hybrid and will end on UOG Hybrid, i dont play like backdays, but for sure, that was some great times of my life when i was a kid, life happens to everyone, but we still can play on weekends ;) Its the worse graphic game, but for sure, from far, the best game ive playied.

smooth85

Sorceror
ill try to be concise:

- UO gives you the chance to live an alternate ego either through a mage, a tamer of beasts, a strong warrior, a simple merchant of smithing and alchemy, there are tons of skillsets that let you create a unique alternate ego/life to live in a fantasy world.

- the best part is interacting with other real people. i've made tons of friends on uo (both here and from OSI days in '99-2000) and last spring i even flew down to Florida to stay with one of my best UOG friends for a week, and we meet up with 2 other UO friends and had an amazing few days down in Daytona. kind of hard to make a friend across the continent and trust him enough to stay at your place for a week on any other scenario...

- running through towns and selling your BS just like you go and post on kijiji or craigslist or ebay, having a free market economy has taught real life skills to people (although you may not know it!) in regards to simple things like supply and demand, skimming the market, haggling, etc.

- you can own your own house and tons of possessions just like in real life, and fully customize your own place! you're part of a small community of cool people to talk to once ina while when you're at your house, or to go outside and kill if they are assholes, whatever you want.

- FREEDOM to do whatever you want anytime, recall around the world, visit friends houses, go on hunts together, join guilds to fight other guilds, or join factions and conquer towns

- idocs - my favourite past-time in UO. watching other peoples houses fall so we can pillage their possessions and try and claim the land for our own! the ultimate experience of UO imo... it brings friendship, comradery, fighting, and more to one venue for hours of entertainment. the excitement you feel when that 18x18 finally drops or keep or castle... unmatched in any other game i've ever played, or possibly will play. no other game gets the blood flowing and hands shaking like that!

- countless hours of entertainment with tons of different things to do, cities to travel to, empty land to explore, housing to buy (or idoc) and so much more.

UO will go down as my favourite game of all time... even though skyrim is fucking amazing and consuming my life right now (then again... it is a LOT like uo! -> they stole the premise for sure)

sorry... i wasn't very concise but i tried!