UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Free IDOC!

Bama

Bug Huntress
Re: Free IDOC!

weinster666;702690 said:
Wow! quite a thread, where should I begin:
weinster666;692512 said:
Well, one of my OPP guild mates, who quit here to play OSI when ToT3 started, told me he had 3 or 4 Mempos the first week. Honestly, I don't think we could produce a large enough sample on OSI to get a good feel for the distribution percentages.

Can someone familiar with the code here tell us if there is any weighting to the mempo drop chance or are all ToTs equally likely to fall into your pack?

weinster666;697298 said:
Just to play the opposing viewpoint, here are some posts from Stratics:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=145494&highlight=mempo+drop+rate

Post #12 - UOKaiser "I received my mempo on my second drop on the fiirst day"
Post #13 - Cazzador "got it in the 20 or so drop"
Post #16 - Jermosh "I got 2 mempos out of maybe 30 drops"
Post #17 - Wizzax "My 5th one was a mempo"
Post #19 - Devilsown "three dyes, four weapons, one flute and a mempo"

I realize there are MANY more saying the opposite, but I thought these deserved mention.

As for the other stuff, I just choose to disbelieve anything anyone says about such-and-such "in real life" when it comes to the environment of on-line gaming.

You can chose to believe all, some, or whatever of what people tell you about their real life on here. I chose to believe none (or very, very little), as is my right.
Yea what you said

weinster666;702690 said:
Wow! quite a thread, where should I begin:

Yes, I was camping this house. I used to do a lot of IDOCs, but as I gained more and more wealth, I decided it wasn't worth it to run all over UO, just to find a house that is decaying, and when all is said and done, end up with some chests full of crap. So, I created a rune book titled "Houses I want to fall" and marked runes only to those places with tons of cool stuff locked down and visible. This was one of them. I had no idea who owned it but I have been checking it periodically for quite some time. It finally started to decay, i was rather happy, and now the entire shard knows about it. All my work went down the drain.

No big deal. Butterfly knew about it and decided it was her right to do so. To me, wealth accumulation is a big part of this game. If you take it away by giving all this stuff away for free, that's your right, I guess. Its not like I would have done much at this point to get it other than pick stuff up off the ground, but I have been rather tedious about consistently checking, so it would have been nice to reap some reward for the effort.

As for the other stuff, I just choose to disbelieve anything anyone says about such-and-such "in real life" when it comes to the environment of on-line gaming. I mean really, how many super-model/aerobics instructor/millionaire women and Ninja/actor/doctor-lawyer men actually play these online games? If you listen to what they say, everyone is something like that. Oh, and it was the out-of-the-blue lag that killed them...or some other event on their PC or IRL that made X happen? Please.......

You can chose to believe all, some, or whatever of what people tell you about their real life on here. I chose to believe none (or very, very little), as is my right.

behind every character is a person, and you have to respect that.

but it sucks that you started camping this long ago and it was release for everbody... (but i'm glad she did it, because that castle is no longer IDOC :D).

Bama;702692 said:
Yea what you said
What can I say. I want tots to drop badly. In fact, i would care less about this house and its stuff if tots started dropping.

Anyways, I was just posting mainly other people's heresay. Weather I believe it or not is irrelevant. In that case, it was information the staff can believe or not to base their ToT decision on.

Malukow;702694 said:
behind every character is a person, and you have to respect that.

I will agree that there is a person behind every character (or at least when they aren't a bot or AFK)
I don't have to respect that or them. I can, but I don't have to.

And again, just because they are a real person doesn't mean that everything they say is true actually is true.

I'm not knocking you in particular, Butterfly. As I PM'd you, I feel for your loss. Assuming of course its for real, and I see no motivation to make it up.

mdblaze

Wanderer

Butterfly;702527 said:
This won't happen.

uhhh... actually it did, the house is refreshed. Lol.

edit: sucks that someone died, but if you were just going to refresh the castle you shouldn't have gotten our hopes up of being able to place a castle >_<.

EvilChild

Knight

mdblaze;702713 said:
uhhh... actually it did, the house is refreshed. Lol.

edit: sucks that someone died, but if you were just going to refresh the castle you shouldn't have gotten our hopes up of being able to place a castle >_<.

She probably saw all of the comments in this thread and decided to refresh the castle because of it.

I don't blame her in the least.

mdblaze

Wanderer

-sigh-... Here I was hoping to finally get a castle, free no less, something that honestly, the only real way to get your hands on one is if the person dies because normally if they leave they give it out to their guildies or friends...

and technically, its not account sharing... cant share if it has no owner. So she did nothing wrong that would make the house go back to decaying... -_- bah. I want a castle lol.

Gisela;702719 said:
Hmm can't decide -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

?

Weinster do you ever just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing how fucking crazy I really am!"?

No matter what you say, I still love ya for turning my on to IDOCs and giving me your IDOC rune book at the time. You still just do plants all day? I want some of those Cyprus trees>

Oh, and the word you were searching for is "Cynical"

cyn⋅i⋅cal

1. like or characteristic of a cynic; distrusting or disparaging the motives of others.
2. showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions, esp. by actions that exploit the scruples of others.
3. bitterly or sneeringly distrustful, contemptuous, or pessimistic.
4. (initial capital letter
) cynic (def. 5).

Mainly 1 and 3 for me.

D-Nox

Knight

No matter wich were your reasons(lost an idoc...omg this is just caring way too much), you disrespected a dead person.
And thats sad.

Phelon

Knight

D-Nox;702735 said:
No matter wich were your reasons(lost an idoc...omg this is just caring way too much), you disrespected a dead person.
And thats sad.

It's funny how people can so easily do that without blinking an eye. I hope they never suffer such a burden themselves because it sucks. Cock punches are needed imo.

D-Nox

Knight

Phelon;702736 said:
It's funny how people can so easily do that without blinking an eye. I hope they never suffer such a burden themselves because it sucks. Cock punches are needed imo.

Maybe getting out of the online world and socializing a bit would help too.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

weinster666;702730 said:
Oh, and the word you were searching for is "Cynical"
Well my question is, why are you so proud of this extremely negative and abnormal behavior. No one thinks it's cool.

D-Nox;702735 said:
And thats sad.

Phelon;702736 said:

I get it.
You chose to believe the things Butterfly is saying. Based on your beliefs, you feel I disrespected a dead person. From your point of view, the things I said seem callous and rude. But that's ONLY from your point of view. None of us really know what the truth of the situation really is, do we?

Gisela;702740 said:
Well my question is, why are you so proud of this extremely negative and abnormal behavior. No one thinks it's cool.
I'm not "proud of it", I don't feel its necessarily negative or abnormal. I don't think it's cool. I don't care what anyone else thinks on the subject.

All it is is looking at the situation from a different perspective. You want to start from a position of believing what people tell you. I chose to start from a position of disbelieving what people tell me. In the end, the preponderance of the evidence will lean things one way or the other. In this case, I have no evidence nor am I asking for any.

Phelon

Knight

Well bottom line is i'm glad you wasted all that time for nothing. Got what was coming to you imo.

Be as glib as you want about it.

D-Nox

Knight

weinster666;702742 said:
I get it.
You chose to believe the things Butterfly is saying. Based on your beliefs, you feel I disrespected a dead person. From your point of view, the things I said seem callous and rude. But that's ONLY from your point of view. None of us really know what the truth of the situation really is, do we?

sorry but this looks like a big excuse to me. Is it so hard to admit you were a jerk and apologize?

weinster666;702742 said:
I'm not "proud of it", I don't feel its necessarily negative or abnormal. I don't think it's cool. I don't care what anyone else thinks on the subject.
You are right about not caring what anyone thinks but if you dont think its cool, and you cant stop, you should look for professional help.

weinster666;702742 said:
All it is is looking at the situation from a different perspective. You want to start from a position of believing what people tell you. I chose to start from a position of disbelieving what people tell me. In the end, the preponderance of the evidence will lean things one way or the other. In this case, I have no evidence nor am I asking for any.

We all know that its just impossible to live this way. You will have be hypocritical or you wont be able to live in a society.
Again, seek for professional help.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

How in the hell can you not think this is negative?
weinster666;702730 said:
cyn⋅i⋅cal
distrusting or disparaging the motives of others.
2. showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions, esp. by actions that exploit the scruples of others.
3. bitterly or sneeringly distrustful, contemptuous, or pessimistic.
4. (initial capital letter
) cynic (def. 5).

How can you say this is not negative? :confused:

It's like you told us you had halitosis, foot fungus, dandruff and BO.

Just to clarify, we are not talking about the every day real world away from this keyboard and monitor. We are talking about how I choose to treat the virtual world personnas and what they say. I much more trusting of real world people in real life and what they say and do in real life, then I am with people protected by the anonymity of the internet.
Sure, you cant go through life completely disbelieving everything anyone says, however, you can also get into a lot of trouble being so naive as to blindly believe every word anyone tells you.