UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Free IDOC!

Carnak

Wanderer
Re: Free IDOC!

weinster666;702343 said:
You are a retard for sharing this location.

nah i dont think so. i think its awsome when people share stuff like this (unless u were already camping this idoc, in which case im sorry that sucks).hes probably just a cool player. its fun when everybody can get a piece of the action n every player from the whole shard comes runnin.

Phelon

Knight

Lord_Zero;702643 said:
So, disregarding the ethic point, doesn't this qualify as account sharing ?

That's what you came up with after this thread? Classy dude.

Lord_Zero

Sorceror

I'm not asking randomly!

We should know with a high certainty how these cases are solved. What's the difference between someone that quit playing UO and left his items decay and someone who died, therefore again quit playing UO and his items are about the decay.

Is heritage valid for virtual worlds ?

Etc, etc.

edit: It certainly provides another point for discussion, as the IDOC is over anyway :)

Phelon

Knight

Lord_Zero;702650 said:
I'm not asking randomly!

We should know with a high certainty how these cases are solved. What's the difference between someone that quit playing UO and left his items decay and someone who died, therefore again quit playing UO and his items are about the decay.

Etc, etc.

Yea, because it comes up so often right? Jesus, you people amaze me sometimes.

Thanks, you've inspired me to change my sig.

Cornwallis

Sorceror

Lord_Zero;702650 said:
I'm not asking randomly!

Etc, etc.

edit: It certainly provides another point for discussion, as the IDOC is over anyway :)

I just have one question, do you have a heart?

Carnak

Wanderer

lol ha. yeah thats tryin to read too much into it. we dont need that many specifics in a game, its a free shard and ur playing whatever game the gm's want u to play. if i dont like whats goin on in game i quit and find a new one. its really that simple. ur not allowed to pick stuff like that apart, and u never will be.

Cliche

Wanderer

Lord_Zero;702650 said:
I'm not asking randomly!

Etc, etc.

Define account "Sharing"?
Not to be rude, but dead people don't share very well.

Cliche

Wanderer

Clearly someone complained to a GM or someone pulled something, because the castle is no longer IDOC. Lycan the player has not logged in. I have the aim and messenger and its been inactive forever. I guess someone wanted to keep the loot for themselves.

Butterfly;702263 said:
Consider this a belated goodbye present from Crystal Teres.

Thank you Butterfly.

Good to see you are still around.

:)

FE

PS Cliche - I would think before you speak next time. Anything is possible, but I'm sure I wasn't the only person to get in touch with Lycan.

D-Nox;702475 said:
just read it.

no, better, ill sum it up for the lazy ones.
Butterfly is Cristal Tears daughter irl. Cristal died some time ago.
Yes butterfly could have kept Cristals house decay in secret but no one here would know better what Cristal would like than her daughter.
So if shes making the idoc public is because her mother would want so.
Now keep your stupid flames for another thread.

she could log in her's mothers account and give the item for ppl that deserve it, but that is just me.

Cliche

Wanderer

Feersum Endjinn;702659 said:

PS Cliche - I would think before you speak next time. Anything is possible, but I'm sure I wasn't the only person to get in touch with Lycan.

Wouldn't be the first time an IDOC was delayed while everyone "rushed" to contact someone. But its a free shard so who can complain.

Lord_Zero

Sorceror

Cornwallis;702653 said:
I just have one question, do you have a heart?

I don't see a heart/lung machine sticking out from my chest, so I probably have one.

I'm purely interested in the the interpretation of rules for this, I admit, specific case.

If it's allowed, what are the premises for it. Only on death, on permanent injury, inability to login for X years, household sharing, etc, etc, etc. Same if it's not allowed.

Also, does OSI have a policy for such cases?

If you are dead, there is no way to continue to pay for your account yourself, except if you've made some sort of weird contract with an insurance company.

@Phelon - Dead Phelon, you are contributing noise to this already chaotic discussion. Please, STFU ;)

Phelon

Knight

Lord_Zero;702675 said:
I don't see a heart/lung machine sticking out from my chest, so I probably have one.

I'm purely interested in the the interpretation of rules for this, I admit, specific case.

If it's allowed, what are the premises for it. Only on death, on permanent injury, inability to login for X years, household sharing, etc, etc, etc. Same if it's not allowed.

Also, does OSI have a policy for such cases?

If you are dead, there is no way to continue to pay for your account yourself, except if you've made some sort of weird contract with an insurance company.

You are so dense it's painful to read anything you say. I'm shocked you are in B@D. I'm done with this.

Daywolf

Sorceror

You can release a pet but it won't help, usually the new structure is placed before one can blink. If in this case it were another castle, the pet would be blocked out most likely, while players loot what doesn't get locked down quickly :D
So in the end, you get nothing since you were playing with your pet and you get banned to boot lol

Wow! quite a thread, where should I begin:

Yes, I was camping this house. I used to do a lot of IDOCs, but as I gained more and more wealth, I decided it wasn't worth it to run all over UO, just to find a house that is decaying, and when all is said and done, end up with some chests full of crap. So, I created a rune book titled "Houses I want to fall" and marked runes only to those places with tons of cool stuff locked down and visible. This was one of them. I had no idea who owned it but I have been checking it periodically for quite some time. It finally started to decay, i was rather happy, and now the entire shard knows about it. All my work went down the drain.

No big deal. Butterfly knew about it and decided it was her right to do so. To me, wealth accumulation is a big part of this game. If you take it away by giving all this stuff away for free, that's your right, I guess. Its not like I would have done much at this point to get it other than pick stuff up off the ground, but I have been rather tedious about consistently checking, so it would have been nice to reap some reward for the effort.

As for the other stuff, I just choose to disbelieve anything anyone says about such-and-such "in real life" when it comes to the environment of on-line gaming. I mean really, how many super-model/aerobics instructor/millionaire women and Ninja/actor/doctor-lawyer men actually play these online games? If you listen to what they say, everyone is something like that. Oh, and it was the out-of-the-blue lag that killed them...or some other event on their PC or IRL that made X happen? Please.......

You can chose to believe all, some, or whatever of what people tell you about their real life on here. I chose to believe none (or very, very little), as is my right.

volcomsurfer508;702689 said:
castle is no longer IDOC
I hope that was Butterfly's doing, logging into C. Teres' account to refresh the house. Of course, that would be a violation of account sharing..I think.

I guess, my point is, I hope staff didn't interfere with the natural decay of the house.