UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Dueling and Poker Changes

LongBullet

Wanderer
ok so where is the benifits. so far all i have seen r use a vendor, use a vendor, use a vendor. ok im gonna put up a vendor make a sale gate to my house put item on vendor make sale. hmmm thats not time consuming at all. <thats sarcasim for the ppl who cant tell> as for everyone caliing us trammies cus we want a safe place to trade fine were all fu cking trammies cry babies boo hooo, now get over your selves cus your just a bunch of lame a s s mutha fu c ke rs who dont have girlfriends either and the only way u can blow a nut is to call someone a trammy right after u just got done rippin them off of their hard earned sh*t. sry when i joined this shard the first thing i did was try to make a char who earned his money. i didnt say hey fast skill gain great ill make a thief cus i dont want to work to gain anything. but hey i GMed a thief last night what do u all think of his skills
hidding
stealth
stealing
fencing
magery
tatcics
poisoning
100 points in all skills it only took like 4-5 hours i named him after the thief from conan so look out for that name.
why should i work if i dont have a reason to. be looking for me around your bank or any other trade i can steal sh*t from course why would it matter someone will just rip me off after i get done ripping u off. POWER TO THE THIEVES. i guess.
didnt really want a thief but f u ck it if it is gonna be a shard like this its the only way to go so every one should jump on the theif bandwagon and skill up your thief. i did and i still want a SAFE TRADE ZONE.

next char a lame a ss tammer with a dragon and a mare swinging a bola to kill u and then call u a noob trammie when i loot u cus im a lame as s lazy f u c k

First off, learn how to use proper grammar(sp?). You sound like an idiot. Let's look at some things you posted.

so far all i have seen r use a vendor, use a vendor, use a vendor. ok im gonna put up a vendor make a sale gate to my house put item on vendor make sale. hmmm thats not time consuming at all. <thats sarcasim for the ppl who cant tell>

First off with this... You totally exaggerated it. Actually trades would be easier and faster. As of now (well before now, actually) people would sit at brit bank spamming "Selling <lame neon item here>" , someone would haggle with them for price, then someone would gate to Del Pond and trade the item. With using a vendor, you could put as many items as you wanted in it, set a price, and go to a bank. Then, you can spam, once again, "Selling <lame neon item here>" , get an offer, gate to you vendor and let them buy it.
Others may even walk into your gate, just because it is there, and buy something else from your vendor. The person puchasing the item may see something else they like as well. Next...

as for everyone caliing us trammies cus we want a safe place to trade fine were all fu cking trammies cry babies boo hooo, now get over your selves cus your just a bunch of lame a s s mutha fu c ke rs who dont have girlfriends either and the only way u can blow a nut is to call someone a trammy right after u just got done rippin them off of their hard earned sh*t.

KK.. after hours of translation, I read that you don't mind being called a trammelite, that you are ripping on peoples personal lives on a UOG forum, and you think anything here is hard earned. The gain here is so fast, being able to train a tamer, tame a few mares and get 60 vanqs is (compared to OSI) cake. Ripping on peoples personal lives on a gaming forum is something that is just not done because it defies logic. (From what I've read of your post, anyone that would go out with you would be a complete moron, so thanks for saving the rest of us from dealing with her/him) And if you really want to be a trammy, there are PLENTY of AoS/SE shards out there just waiting for you. We, on a pre-trammel shard, don't like carebears who can't hack it. Leave.

-Crowface

Judas420

Wanderer
Cuda said:
I have yet to hear one reason why this change will be good for the overall community. I've heard a lot of close minded knee jerk reactions call everyone a trammie for disliking this change.
This change should be fine for the overall community. Thieves and pk's are part of the shard just as much as the tamer who farms vanq's or the banksitter that buys and resells items. The close minded knee-jerk reaction is coming from those that fear change and are like "NOOOO!!!! WTF now I have to do something!!!"
Cuda said:
Now don't get me wrong, I don't want a 'trammel'. It was one of the worst changes UO ever saw. The reason it was such a bad place though, was not because it allowed people to be safe of scams. (Secure trading) It was such a bad place because it allowed people to farm gold with no risk. Secure trading in no way harms the community or the economy. All it does is forces thiefs to do what IMO was wha tthey were intended to do. Steal from people outside of town.
It's kind of ridiculous to say you want some elements of trammel and dont want others. The whole ****ing concept of trammel is wrong, not just this part or that part. Thieves, or "thiefs" as some say, can steal wherever they want. I'm not sure what you mean when you say stealing is meant for areas outside of town. To me there arent really guidelines for that sort thing.

Cuda said:
Furthermore, you are going to see less people trading, especially trading easily stealable items such as vanqs, which I think is one of the more important items we should have traded on this shard. A good vanq or power weapon is a standard supply most people use.
Trading will aways take place in some form or another. As far as vanq's go they are not easily stealable. Most weapons weigh something and you are guardwacked if you attempt to steal them. Vanq's are easily sold on a vendor anyways. The items that are easily stealable are 1 stone items and some of these items are very valuable. (Someone mentioned a 20+PS before.)

The change is good because there should never be artificial limits or forms of protection that do not occur naturally. It's good for the overall community when people are able to think and fend for themselves. It is a mild form of survival of the fittest. At first glance it may seem harsh but lets be realistic, this is a game. Why do people have such a hard time accepting the loss of game items. If there are people seriously worried about losing a 5k vanq or hell even a pair of 200k BLAZE SANDALS OMG!!! They seriously need help unless theyre like 13 or younger. Losing is a part of gaining. We shouldn't be able to just gain with little or no risk, Risk of loss should be proportional with risk of gain. Know what I'm sayin nig?

Now some people will say "Hey ******, thats easy for you to say, youre a thief!!!" These people are probably too dumb to realize that we all share the same conditions and that thieves take their share of losses just like anyone else. Nearly all thieves have been scammed or stolen from, thats why some start stealing or scamming to begin with.

Thats about it I guess. For now.

LongBullet

Wanderer
Judas420, I agree with you. I was just about to post something similiar, but you worded it better :p

In my opinion, the whole reason why UO is so damn addicting(!!) is because of the gain/loss.. thing.. whatever you'd call it. The games coming out now.. .you never LOSE anything when you fail.
The reason why UO is so fun(among other reasons) is because of the power the individual player has. If you are having a bad day, you can get on a PK and completely fuc|< up someone's day by killing/rezkilling. Or you could get on your thief and jack half thier pack before they realize they aren't overweight with neon shirts and skirts anymore(too bad they are blessed...un-bless them Ryan/Mark :D)

Also, Judas, the thing you said about not gaining without loss.. that's exactly what I'm saying. If you never lost anything, and instead gained non-stop...items would lose value like crazy. If you have went through hell to get your 20+ BS powerscroll, you know you earned it. I'd rather play here and lose 200 each reg and 327123 potions in half an hour then play on OSI where I can bless a suit that makes regs obsolete and weapons that kill dragons in 3 hits (I've actually had one).

Mrsevenhands

Wanderer
"First off with this... You totally exaggerated it. Actually trades would be easier and faster. As of now (well before now, actually) people would sit at brit bank spamming "Selling <lame neon item here>" , someone would haggle with them for price, then someone would gate to Del Pond and trade the item. With using a vendor, you could put as many items as you wanted in it, set a price, and go to a bank. Then, you can spam, once again, "Selling <lame neon item here>" , get an offer, gate to you vendor and let them buy it.
Others may even walk into your gate, just because it is there, and buy something else from your vendor. The person puchasing the item may see something else they like as well. Next..."

Here is just one problem with that:

Someone could be like "selling (insert random item here) 50k" so you tell them you want to buy it and they gate to thier vendor. Little do you know they have a theif on a different account either loged out and ready or loged in and hiding. You buy the item,the thief steals it in less then a sec them runs away your out 50k and get nothing.

IT'S NOT SECURE. I'm sorry no one has givien a good reason for there not to be secure trade. I could give a crap about Del Ponds. Good get rid of it. We don't need an area to trade. Just make it so you can't exploit the game to get item from people.It has nothign to do with UO. It's a cheap *** exploit.

It's really ****ing simple. Make it so guardwacked thiefs dont keep the item they stole. There you go. Nothing changes for thiefs,Del pond is still gone and people can actually trade. Everyone saying use vendors is stupid. Yes vendors are good for some things. But having to do all trading on them is not reasonable. Not only do some people not own houses but all the different bull**** stuff you can do will make people never use them. It's greifing waiting to happen.

I would love for some to give a good reason for a guardwacked thief to keep a stolen item.

LongBullet

Wanderer
Someone could be like "selling (insert random item here) 50k" so you tell them you want to buy it and they gate to thier vendor. Little do you know they have a theif on a different account either loged out and ready or loged in and hiding. You buy the item,the thief steals it in less then a sec them runs away your out 50k and get nothing.

So do a reveal before you buy, say Vendor Buy, prep recall, hit "Confirm" and click on your runebook. There is no way possible that in the time it takes to click in two places a thief can log on, run out, snoop you, jack an item, and bolt. unless your mouse moves at .00000001 miles an hour.

all you guys complaining about thieves in town....you do know that you can kill thieves in town without getting guardwacked? or were you just to ***** to try it for fear of losing your meaningless stuff?

darksoul326

Wanderer
ok borken im glad u r a f u cking english teacher ready to go after someones bad internet grammer. i didnt want to make a rough draft proof read it then make a finnal copy what do i car if my grammer is ****y it just a bunch of 12 yr olds playing this shjt anyways.

everyone just stfu, this is a free shard and that should be enough. you should be happy they dont decide to make it a pay server. deal with it. (just when i quit the thieves guild, how ironic)

I am not a fan of flames or eratic behavior, but I wouldn't mind still hearing a benefit to this non-secure trading. All I hear is ways around it which is nice and dandy, but I personally dont see a reason to change it if there isnt a benefit and its just going to cause bigger problems and hassles while trading.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Guys if you dont like it just post a thread about it and get it moved to trammel, its done and if your gonna suggest something different post it. i like what mark did and i don thtink hes gonna change it b/c some idiot doesnt konw how to kill a thief or trade somewhere safe...

ps. that dueling area by covetous ownz :-P

-RoliaT-One

Pogo, isnt the forums all about discussion? I think its being discussed in a mature manner for the most part and I have heard a lot of good points for both sides. I think the poll in the other thread should be strongly considered because the last time I checked the "keep the safe zone" side was winning.

M

Mark

Dissention is fine, but please believe me when I say that many of you simply cannot put this in perspective or look at this objectively.

I made this change for the good of the entire shard. Perhaps now we will see some 'real merchants' and organized vendor malls. Hopefully the population will shift to less crowded areas now that the perks are removed from these 'mini-britain-banks' and in turn reduce the server load. Maybe people will fight in Deceit and other dungeons again, now that Delucia Pond is a God-forsaken death trap. If we're lucky, we'll see some thieves again too (a viable skill and part of the game), because they've been useless for far too long. There are many, many more positive aspects of this change.

Sit and think for a few minutes about the effects this change will have on the shard as a whole instead of how your life is ruined because you can't sell some item (that you got because Ryan happened to be in a good mood and you happened to on at the right time) risk-free. If you simply can't see past yourself, you probably aren't playing the right shard.

I am just trying to clarify something, is the point of the no secure trading to reduce the load on the server? I guess I am just trying to find out "why" as many people do not like this change (which i understand you could say "so what?"). I just want to know the true reason for changing the secure trading thing. There are a good amount of vendor malls right now, I could point you to one that will most likely have whatever you are currently looking for. I still think this just inhibits the easy everyday trading.

Edit: I mean this with no disrespect to you or any other staff member personally Mark. I am just used to changes like this first going through a poll in game.

M

Mark

maveri8888 said:
I am just trying to clarify something, is the point of the no secure trading to reduce the load on the server? I guess I am just trying to find out "why" as many people do not like this change (which i understand you could say "so what?"). I just want to know the true reason for changing the secure trading thing. There are a good amount of vendor malls right now, I could point you to one that will most likely have whatever you are currently looking for. I still think this just inhibits the easy everyday trading.

Unhappy people are the loudest. For every one person voting in a poll or making a big post about how horrible a change is, there are ten others who don't mind it or who are happy about it and don't feel the need to vote/post at all.

The 'reasons' you demand are numerous. It was risk-free. It was unfair to thieves. It drew extremely large crowds of people spamming and trading. The list goes on.. but in general, it was just something that didn't belong.

I make polls when there is a choice in a matter: usually when there are several satisfactory alternatives I would be willing to consider or when I simply don't know which course of action will work the best. In this case, there were no choices to make: 'cushy' spectator pits just don't jive with me.

Mark, I am not quite sure that your sarcastic reply was the most mature thing you could have done, but nevertheless I am sure you are frustrated from your everyday "UO thing". I guess thats the end of the discussion, the changes were made because you felt they were necessary, not because of the player base one way or the other. Thank you for your timely response.

Edit: I would like to say again that I understand where your frustration may come from, but I feel that dealing with issues in a mature manner without flipping out or flamming people shouldn't be frowned upon since this is a "forum" and is meant for discussion.

Dfcv

Wanderer
a crow said:
Christ people.. just make a vendor and you don't have to deal with that sh*t..
We have a winner.

You guys whine about the shard becoming too trammelized and then when they start making it like old school OSI fel, you guys complain. Like Mark said sell your unblessed items in your house, get a vendor. In the long run remember so what if someone steals something from you, it's only pixels in a game. You'll wake up the next day and your real life will hopefully be unchanged.

duxwig

Wanderer
maveri8888 said:
Mark, I am not quite sure that your sarcastic reply was the most mature thing you could have done, but nevertheless I am sure you are frustrated from your everyday "UO thing". I guess thats the end of the discussion, the changes were made because you felt they were necessary, not because of the player base one way or the other. Thank you for your timely response.

Edit: I would like to say again that I understand where your frustration may come from, but I feel that dealing with issues in a mature manner without flipping out or flamming people shouldn't be frowned upon since this is a "forum" and is meant for discussion.

Maybe its just me in my 20-something naiveness, but I do not see anything in Mark's post that could definitively be marked as sarcasm/flaming/immature.