UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Dueling and Poker Changes

M

Mark

Dueling and Poker Changes

Delucia Pond's safe zone has been reduced to only contain the actual spectator area and the entrance has been moved and shrunk. Additionally, the poker table there has been relocated to the Delucia Inn. I will be relocating poker tables throughout the day to lower traffic areas such as Inns and Taverns where poker belongs.

Furthermore, you will no longer be able to gain skill or secure trade while inside arena safe zones. I am aware of the small safe zone still existing outside Delucia Pond, it will be removed after wars tonight.

Vahn

Wanderer
I dont like the secure trade change; seems like it will just be indorsing scams. All the other changes, however, are good to hear.

And by scam i mean, say your going to trade with someone, close the trade window and steal the item with a friend standing beside you to loot you.

I think with that being change.. Should bring in the stealing rules as it was during UO'R.. If you steal something and die that item auto returns to the person you stold it from.

LeGiOn said:
I think with that being change.. Should bring in the stealing rules as it was during UO'R.. If you steal something and die that item auto returns to the person you stold it from.

i think that's a stupid idea. this change is the jam. everybody make thieves......

darksoul326

Wanderer
great so your saying that and f-ing theif in the game has the super advantage of ****ing me over now. thanks what a nice thing to do **** anyone who trys make a game out of selling there high end hard earned ****, cus the thiefs rule the ****ing shard now.

Zowie

Wanderer
Thanks Mark!! People like me who never wanted trammel here in the first place totally appreciate it.

The problem with the system now is steal/third person loot was never how the system was intended. Now the third person has the item and he's not even criminal.. Some may call that an exploit.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Mark said:
Delucia Pond's safe zone has been reduced to only contain the actual spectator area and the entrance has been moved and shrunk. Additionally, the poker table there has been relocated to the Delucia Inn. I will be relocating poker tables throughout the day to lower traffic areas such as Inns and Taverns where poker belongs.

Furthermore, after server wars tonight you will no longer be able to gain skill or secure trade while inside arena safe zones. I am aware of the small safe zone still existing outside Delucia Pond, it will be removed after wars tonight.

does that mean your going to enable stealing? or just make it so u cant open trade windows?

M

Mark

darksoul326 said:
great so your saying that and f-ing theif in the game has the super advantage of ****ing me over now. thanks what a nice thing to do **** anyone who trys make a game out of selling there high end hard earned ****, cus the thiefs rule the ****ing shard now.

You could always make a character with forensic evaluation to detect people in the thieves guild. Then just leave him in your house all the time and do all trades there, only letting one person in while the trade is being made. It's really not that hard to avoid thieves, just takes a little adaptation.

M

Mark

removed said:
does that mean your going to enable stealing? or just make it so u cant open trade windows?

I'm just going to prevent opening secure trade windows.

Lynyrd

Knight
Mark said:

Furthermore, after server wars tonight you will no longer be able to gain skill or secure trade while inside arena safe zones. I am aware of the small safe zone still existing outside Delucia Pond, it will be removed after wars tonight.

Good idea with the poker table move. It will no doubt unclog Del Pond a lot.

As for the secure trade move, I couldn't disagree more. There needs to at least be some secure area without the fear of being yoinked. I usually agree with all of the changes you make, Mark, because they are almost always for the best. But this... I really don't like this...

Fatality

Sorceror
Hmm, I dont understand....what happend when the del pond and dueling system wasn't even implemented?? Stop whining and trade how you traded before the system occured.

IzludeX

Wanderer
I dunno has its upsides and downsides but pond was still about the same cloged as before when tables were there buy *yea*! ez pickens for meh theif :p

Candylandman

Wanderer
honestly i dont even think the duel system should even be implented period along with safe zones especially if uogamers is suppose to be osi like.. takes away from the action .. techinically making a all fell shard a trammel shard were people sit at the duel spots and trade or sell ****.. i think its a could idea.. bet the only people that ***** are the people who are trammel like and just sit there all day trading and showing off there clothes and items or taking major crap -

Good job mark kudos