UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Defensive Wrestling

Should we remove the +20

• Yes, we should remove the +20.

Votes: 209 45.7%
  • No, the +20 is fine.

Votes: 248 54.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes thats why they should remove the +20 wich gives over 100 defending skill bonus to the GM eval / anat characters wich is unfair.

its so unfair because it makes GM melee characters have a 46 to 47 percent chance to hit the gm eval / anat characters instead of the normal 50 percent hit chance against other gm melee characters.

Tenet

Wanderer
i'm a mage, please remove the bonus
then my dexer will be able to take down any gm mage with ease
did i mention that i'm a mage?

love such replies.
yeah, i guess it will give dexers more balance so go for it.

haPi

Sorceror
If vanq weps weren't so easy to get ahold of here, I'd say go for it. Since they drop like candy, I don't like taking that out so much.

Chocakaka

Wanderer
Speedball is right, Dexxers really have no chance. The Formula has Always been Hit Chance% = ( ( [Attacker's Combat Skill + 20] ) divided by
( [Defender's Combat Skill + 20] ). Magery, Eval Int, and Anatomy are not Combat Skills even though they affect Dmg. Wrestling Is but then Again Swordsmanship and Tactics are too. Then the math would be : My Hit Chance % = 100(swords) + 20 + 115(tactics) (My wep is eminatly accurate) +20 = 255, You Defense Chance 100(Wrestling) +20 = 120, okay thats 255/120 = 2.125. Meaning theres 2.125 swings for every miss, somewhere between 70-75% of a hit. 70-75% is a fair Hit Chance %.

Mr.Mischief

Sorceror
Chocakaka said:
Speedball is right, Dexxers really have no chance. The Formula has Always been Hit Chance% = ( ( [Attacker's Combat Skill + 20] ) divided by
( [Defender's Combat Skill + 20] ). Magery, Eval Int, and Anatomy are not Combat Skills even though they affect Dmg. Wrestling Is but then Again Swordsmanship and Tactics are too. Then the math would be : My Hit Chance % = 100(swords) + 20 + 115(tactics) (My wep is eminatly accurate) +20 = 255, You Defense Chance 100(Wrestling) +20 = 120, okay thats 255/120 = 2.125. Meaning theres 2.125 swings for every miss, somewhere between 70-75% of a hit. 70-75% is a fair Hit Chance %.

Where the fuck do you get your formulas? FFS are you even playing the right game?

Kurdy-hybrid

Wanderer
He probably doesn't understand the accuracy/tactics bug (that has been faithfully recreated on here) and is somehow trying to work it into a formula....

It's (offensive + 50 / (defensive + 50)x2). OSI said so, there is already a picture of the guidebook they wrote themselves that says it

Chocakaka

Wanderer
I did make a fault for adding the + 20 offensivly twice but then it would be 235/120 = 1.958 swings for every miss. Without the eminatly acc wep it would be 220/120 = 1.83 swings every miss. With a supremely accurate wep it wouldbe 245/120 = 2.041 swings for every miss. It IS by far reasonable. If this formula is not adopted then i will be come a mage and try to encourage all the dexxers i meet to become a mage. Whether you care or not, this will make a big difference on the diversity of the game itself.

M

Mark

Is there really a 3 page thread about a 3.125% chance to hit?

If being a dexxer was half as bad as its made out to be on these forums.. guess what? No one would play one!

I don't know where you all are pulling your fucked up figures from, but here's a blast from the past: http://web.archive.org/web/20000711062046/http://uo.stratics.com/combat.shtml

A mage wears nothing better than leather armor, a mage cannot move while casting a spell, a mage requires mana to cast spells (and there are no potions to instantly 'refresh' it) I'm sick of hearing about how 'gimped' the dexxer template is because everyone expects them to own naked with an axe and 20 bandages.

On another note, what mage's are most likely to have anatomy? Stun. And guess what, stun requires the combatants remain CLOSE, which will increase the number of hits over the course of the battle, which in turn will completely offset that meager 3.125% everyones so damn worried about.

Cristina

Wanderer
Mark I respect your opinion, and I also understand how mages require mana and casting time to defeat an opponent. I play a mage and let me make these points to you.

- If 3.25 % isn't a big deal to you then why not just take it out. I'm sure it's a big deal to dexers and I can't blame them.

- I've noticed that dexers just flat out miss a lot more on this shard than the standard OSI ones.

- A succesful stun is usually game over for a dexer, maybe it's because stun punch holds people for 2 hours on this server.

- A dexer can't med. (a real one) A dexer can't cast 50 point heals more than once or twice, and they never get the opportunity when stunned anyways.

- A para blow from a spear is next to useless, why wouldn't it stun for the same length as a punch. 1 second vs like 4. ITS A SPEAR NOT A FIST.

- Dexers can't gate. (rofl just kidding)

- Dexers generally lose more stuff when they die.

- Stun mages aren't the only mages that remain close to a dexer. How can a mage not be close to a dexer????? That's no excuse. I mean how many times do you plan on stunning him in a battle, maybe twice tops?? He should be gone after 1. I'm just saying, don't make a stun punch mage sound like he's at a disadvantage when it's the most powerful mage.

- Reactive armor + Inscription + Dexers missing a lot = about 25 swings to kill a mage with a spear. Man, I'm not even kidding, between all of the missing, RA Absorb, and the 100 hps to knock off after RA is gone it will take about 25 swings to kill a mage with a gm spear, and that's if he's not healing. Granted, most mages won't do this, but if they do, the last thing a dexer needs to do is keep missing this guy.

I mean look, it's bad enough we have time to do a full exp eb combo during a stun punch. Add that to being able to pull off 15 or 50 point heals at will because some poor bastard with a broadsword keeps missing. I don't disagree, dexers are really strong and can be a pain in the ass. But instead of nerfing their only way of dealing damage why not just remove concussion blow?? Conc blow is the only thing that's really too strong only because axes do so much dmg to begin with, nevermind the added special hit which makes a mage next to useless for a while. Oh and now that exp pots are gone dexers have a really hard time kiling those redlined, running mages. The least we could do is give them a normal chance to hit when they earn that finishing blow swing that's very hard to get off sometimes.

CavewightGL

Wanderer
b nbvnbvn

Cristina said:
- A dexer can't med. (a real one) A dexer can't cast 50 point heals more than once or twice, and they never get the opportunity when stunned anyways.

thats the dexxers own fault if he allowed himself to use a temp that needs mana

Alkiser said:
Should the additional twenty defensive wrestling be removed from the anatomy plus evaluation intelligence combo?

What this means, if you have 100 anatomy and 100 evaluating intelligence you will have a defensive wrestling value of 120 wrestling.

The formula currently in use is [(anatomy + evaluating intelligence + 20) / 2], this would change to [(anatomy + evaluating intelligence) / 2].

This means that people will hit people with anatomy and evaluating intelligence the same as they will hit someone with just wrestling.

I would like to point out this was an addition to the OSI code to balance out powerscrolls which we do not use on this server.

How about, change is bad. "If it ain't broke dont fix it." -Hillbilly Bob

It sucks that even though this poll is great, 'cept the Wrestling using mages outnumber the dexxers on the shard by a lot so it transfers accordingly to the poll. Maybe it'll draw enough attention to the issue to warrant further investigation though.

Get rid of the +20 bonus, I'm a mage and I even voted against it.

Chacal

Wanderer
Cristina said:
blah blah ,... well all she said

thats because of those whinner like you that still want to nerf everything

its the dexter fault if he is unable to kill a good mage like you are saying
he did not build well his charactere

sorry to say that but all your opinion are wrong
why would have 100str 100 dex and only 25 int if you need some power heal... you cant cast more than 2 g-heal ,... you could make your dexter too something like more balanced... with like 45-50 int ,... use pot they are gonna help you alot

soo ,.. im calling every damn trammy whinner to build their damn fucking char to something well build .. not like they would like to be and they would like to all other people play the game in the way they (whinner) want to play

GringoStarr

Wanderer
Keep Defensive wrestling at +20

There are too many whiney little bitches, that want everything changed to suit them. I say fuck off, and let the devs detrmine what they want to do with THEIR shard. You play here for free. If you dont like how things are give me all your stuff and quit. Nobody wants to listen to you bitch because your pussy dexxer cant hit a mage with anatomy, eval int, and some leather armor.

GringoStarr said:
There are too many whiney little bitches, that want everything changed to suit them. I say fuck off, and let the devs detrmine what they want to do with THEIR shard. You play here for free. If you dont like how things are give me all your stuff and quit. Nobody wants to listen to you bitch because your pussy dexxer cant hit a mage with anatomy, eval int, and some leather armor.
We are letting the devs do what they want. They asked us, didn't they? Isn't this poll asking the playerbase what we want? And currently, the playerbase apparently wants the +20 removed.

Although I've heard that it may have been removed already. Devs?

Diemos

Wanderer
Its obvious mages have an extreme advantage on this shard. They have stun punch and anatomy bonus dexxers can just attack with their weapon so this 20+ essentially nerfs their only ability to attack.

This is the same as giving dexxers +20 Resist.

It should definitely be removed, look how many people voted to keep it? There is an obvious offset of mages-melee char ratio.

- TurbulentHigh

Status
Not open for further replies.