UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Defensive Wrestling

Should we remove the +20

• Yes, we should remove the +20.

Votes: 209 45.7%
  • No, the +20 is fine.

Votes: 248 54.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gogarth

Wanderer
You know, the only bad thing about this shard is people like you that never shuts up and is rude to everyone. Other than that the shard is great and I say keep the defensive wrestling.

C

Cricket

BashedTooth DVD said:
that thing you call a mouth

What else would I call it you fucking moron?

Look at my user name - that's my character's name jackass. More than likely I've already given your noob ass a dirtnap, so you should know where to find me.

Stick to the guard zone.

~C

Obe[IC]

Wanderer
I'll break this down for everyone.
During the Pub16 Era, the [(Anatomy+EvalInt)/2]+20 ruleset was placed in for a multiverse of new templated characters to be built.
Primarily this was made to enhance Hybrids, but this also opened up a new style of mage outside of the Nox/Scribe, Hide/Stealth, Heal/Anat.
In most cases, they would keep the anatomy (which would allow for Eval+Anat to check for Weaknesses to Mindblast), and benefit that skill with healing. Then buff themselves further with Poisoning, Hiding or Inscription (P16 enhanced this skill as well). This way, characters would still be able to defend themselves against melee.

PowerScrolls were also opened up during this period of time. Which was the "big OSI reason" for opening up this template. People that couldn't set themselves up with high end scrolls, or didn't get the Veteran reward of +5 BaseCap per year (up to a maximum of +20) would also be able to compete with afforementioned players.

Now with this being said. There is /NO/ skill that can go above 100.0 (with the exception of Blacksmithy while using an ASH, or Mining while equipped with the proper gloves).

So, even while having Anat/Heal Mages, Hybrid Mages and even Tanks. I would have to agree that allowing players to have a defensive value of that > 100, would be an imbalancing feature. It's that alone in why "DexMonkeys" have such a hard time against other players.

I have no real vote for either end. I'd just like to break all of the rulesets down for you all ahead of time, instead of having you all gripe about "imba" constantly without any logic behind it.

C

Cricket

It'll be interesting how things work out with the change in effect.

Hopefully runic production will be kept to a minimum.

I've been seeing more and more val runics lately as is...

:\

~C

jph

Wanderer
Well at the risk of getting hammered by the love birds here, probably both of you could do a little growing up and try sticking to the topic. Take your verbal fencing else where. Just a suggestion.

Anyway… If anyone cares... I think we should leave it in, and try to figure out a way to drop kick all the “Over Powered Mage Char’s†and if that dosent work… will then I’ll log in my mage. Hehe

I guess my point is we probably all have various chars and templates already built, and it’s not like it takes a long time to change a char around to the flavor of the day skill set. So have fun with it, and if you do managed to drop that darn over powered mage with your dexer… just think you can shit talk him/her for a good 15 mins! LoL

*** who cares have fun ***

Oh and btw I won't be respond'in to any lip service thats off the topic.

Malaki2003

Wanderer
No, dont remove it, dexxers are lame enough with their dp wepons as it is.

Also

WHat if the added 20 is only given to people with wrestling, eval, and anat? just a suggestion plz dont flame me

(Now, you said dont flame you, and im really not.)

HELL NO. And give people ever more of a reason to become a stun mage? SCREW THAT.
Thank you.

It should be removed. According to the great god Stratics, the chance to hit a 120 defensive wrestler with gm weapon skill would be 43%. 43% chance against someone that doesn't have any skill in weaponary at all. Removing the 20 would bring the hit chance to 50%.

Jade B.

Wanderer
other 'dexxers'

Lets looks at the advantages a mage has over any given dexxer.

1. a mage can poison anytime with minimal cost of mana and practically 100% success rate. we've seen the effect on duels. if you dont poison, you dont win. so dexxers gotta subtract some of their dexterity right there for some mana. dont say you can poison your wep. try poisoning a mace or an arrow.

2. Mages can wear armor. the 'leather' armor that that gm speaks so poorly of is actually VERY effective stuff. Try armoring yourself against an Ebolt. GOOD f-in luck. spells do high damage every time no matter what the dexxer is wearing.

3. Mages have RA. you say "dexxer have MR" well, not in duels. AND MR is a 6th circle spell, while RA is just as powerful at 1st circle and only costs a drip of mana. ussually, as a slow-shooting archer (yeah, slow shooting with 125 dex.) if someone casts RA, I LOSE. MR costs half my mana pool. RA costs less than a 10th of a mage's mana.

4. Mages dont 'miss'.

5. Stun. its overpowered. same could be said for conc blow. fencers get worthless para, and archers get jack shit. whats the difference between getting stabbed with a kryss or stabbed with an arrow? ok im getting off topic...

6. heals. minor cant be interrupted, major does 50 health. the healing skill takes a long time, certainly too long to expect to survive a dump with it. get pots. ok pots require anybody with a 2 handed weapon to unequip, which means youre still getting hit with spells while youre doing no damage and healing at max 30hp. a dexxer with enough mana to heal himself with a major heal more than once really isnt a dexxer at all is he? which brings us to 7....

7. mana pool for the 'necessities' : spells like RA, Poison, heal, gh, weakness, strength.... these are nothing for a mage to cast, and most use them in every battle or duel versus a dexxer. theyre pretty much 'necessary spells to have in your repetoire. so minimum mana is like, 30. this gives you room for RA, poison, a major heal (or a few minors), weakness. then youre out, and dexxers shouldnt need meditation in their template. so you get like one chance to get everything right or die. mages are much more versatile.

Please note im speaking from an archer point of view, i dont know what its like to play a fast-swinging weapon class. i need super high dex for a competive damage rate. so im gimped on STR and INT by default.

Archers:
Although it may seem like everyone plays a poisonable weapon class as a dexxer, archers cant poison their weapons. Even a bow (fastest archer weapon) is slower or equel to a spear and does WAY less damage. So, assuming that the devs intend for archers to be relatively gimped, this is fine. I'd like to know. im not really interested or capable of playing anything else, so, if you all are going to keep the arrow flingers gimped perpetually, just gimme a shout out so i can quit. personally i figure you would welcome the diversity... but it seems that this shard is only interested in catering to the uberleet assholes that seem to control it.

Jade B.

Wanderer
yah! so like, fix em! because not everybody wants to be an Ub3r mAgE with alternating capital letters in their name.

Ryan said:
Mr.Mischief said:
Whatever happened to dexxers actually being able to compete in PvP without using exp pots + alchemy and a freakishly good connection.

This is my priority right now but I wont be making any changes without ensuring that we dont get the same situation with reversed roles on our hands.

Thanks!

See, just be patient, hehe, a change is in the winds.

hoglegs

Sorceror
I have to agree with Jade... This shard is obviously geared toward the PvP stun mage... Do the math... You will come to the same conclusion....

if (eval+anat)==(OSITrueBonus) {
KeepBonus
else { RemoveShittyHiddenBonus }
}

Status
Not open for further replies.