UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Defensive Wrestling

Should we remove the +20

• Yes, we should remove the +20.

Votes: 209 45.7%
  • No, the +20 is fine.

Votes: 248 54.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monoxide

Sorceror
Right now the only good reason for a mage to have wrestling is to use stun punch, and there is no reason to allow a stun mage to have 120 defensive wrestling when they can tear apart warriors with a stun combo.

RenegadePeon

Wanderer
GringoStarr said:
There are too many whiney little bitches, that want everything changed to suit them. I say fuck off, and let the devs detrmine what they want to do with THEIR shard. You play here for free. If you dont like how things are give me all your stuff and quit. Nobody wants to listen to you bitch because your pussy dexxer cant hit a mage with anatomy, eval int, and some leather armor.

The problem is, for a mage to 'pwn' all he needs is magery, eval int, and anatomy. Meditation is icing on the cake. A dexxer needs a weapon skill, tactics, anatomy, healing, and magic resist. To be effective, will need poisoning. That's 6 skills vs 4 for it to be an even battle. And even then, dexxers have a lot more to lose when they die. It's just annoying to have GM fencing and clearly miss more than I hit. How many times does your E-Bolt miss? Zero. The reason why there are more mages than dexxers is because of a balance issue. The mage is just more powerful than the dexxer. That's not saying a dexxer can't win. Dexxers win frequently, but an eqaully skilled dexxer will not beat an equally skilled mage.

I have both a dexxer and a mage (made the mage when I saw how gimped dexxers were in pvp). The only time I got out to fight other players is with my mage. Though my dexxer is fun, and sometimes he has his moments, it's usually just suicide.

Anyway, if you disagree with my post, and you haven't made a dexxer, then I suggest you hold your opinion. However, if you've played both and you see no balance issue, I'd like to hear your argument.

StylingPaT^

Wanderer
RenegadePeon said:
The problem is, for a mage to 'pwn' all he needs is magery, eval int, and anatomy. Meditation is icing on the cake. A dexxer needs a weapon skill, tactics, anatomy, healing, and magic resist. To be effective, will need poisoning. That's 6 skills vs 4 for it to be an even battle. And even then, dexxers have a lot more to lose when they die. It's just annoying to have GM fencing and clearly miss more than I hit. How many times does your E-Bolt miss? Zero. The reason why there are more mages than dexxers is because of a balance issue. The mage is just more powerful than the dexxer. That's not saying a dexxer can't win. Dexxers win frequently, but an eqaully skilled dexxer will not beat an equally skilled mage.

I have both a dexxer and a mage (made the mage when I saw how gimped dexxers were in pvp). The only time I got out to fight other players is with my mage. Though my dexxer is fun, and sometimes he has his moments, it's usually just suicide.

Anyway, if you disagree with my post, and you haven't made a dexxer, then I suggest you hold your opinion. However, if you've played both and you see no balance issue, I'd like to hear your argument.
I have a dexer. And I agree with you totally, thats why right now I'm in the process of making my mage :)

This should be removed. I have a Dexxer and a Mage and Dexxers miss quite a bit. It seems like this system was implemented by OSI to try to maintain balance with the influx of all the CoOL SpAwN LoOtZ and Powerscrolls. It seems unneccessary on here and also seems to further unbalance, an already overpowered mage class.

C

Cricket

With all of the supreme acc/vanq weapon drops, I feel it is more than neccessary.

My nox/scribe mage gets hit noticably more than my stunner.

~C

You newbs stop your crying stfu and die. I mean this in as nice and constructive way as possible. Why? I been around in UO since 97. I played the biggest, best, most successful shard in OSI. I warred over 100 guilds on my own, no guildmates. Have you ever walked up to the bank or buccs den and everyone was orange pre-factions? That's how it was.

I was able to successfully kill people during pvp EVEN when being ganked and I'm on DUN not broadband, they are on broadband. How? Adapt. It's Natural selection so either sink or swim and sto your crying.

I say to the devs, not to listen to this poll. Do as you please. Keep the shard interesting. If all the dexers quit, they're just piussies anyway. I have more dexers than mages, they each have their advantages/disadvantages. True, finding a balance will take time, but if you guys cry a river everytime a change is made, how can we find that exact balance without change?

1 word for those against the +20 = ARCHERY BIATCHES! Ok that was 2...
Another option is the mage dexer. You guys just have to stop being pusses and adapt to PVP. PVP is an always changing thing even on OSI. If you don't like it, take your Trammie asses back to OSI.

- BashedTooth DVD

C

Cricket

Another country heard from.

Would you like a cookie for your adapting abilities and not crying?

>:

No one knows, or cares, who the fuck BASHEDTOOTH DVD is, so please, get lost noob.

~C

C

Cricket

No more useless than your's.

You created an account on here to criticize the dexxers for not wanting the +20 and to brag about how you played in 97 and warred lots of guilds.

Who really needs the life?

Prick.

~C

I creatd an acount on here to reply to posts and make post dumbass. What do you think you're that special that I created an account for that? Get over yourself.

I didn't brag, I stated facts that any other oldschool pvp knows of. We oldschoolers had to adapt and we were PAYING for that shard. This one is free, adapt and stfu.

C

Cricket

You are such an idiot, it amazes me. Get over myself? How did I boast in my post in the least?

Firstly, your first post was the one that bashed people for not wanting the +20, which is when I stated that you created an account to criticize which, up to that point, was true.

Secondly, you say 'we oldschoolers'. I've played just as long, if not longer, than you. No question. No one even knows of you.

Thirdly, this is a message board, so we are supposed to talk. You come on here, a no name noob, and start telling people to stfu. Take your 'Ive been around longer than you' attitude elsewhere; no one here cares how long you've played UO, and you know no more than anyone else. If you don't like our PvP system, get lost.

Have a nice day.

~C

You totally missed the point of my post. NOt only that, you totally reversed it into some pile of steaming shit... "If you don't like our pvp system get lost..."

Retard, that was my oint to you crybaby boo hoo biatches. How do you change "stop crying and adapt, pvp will always change, you have to adapt to the changes and accept them..." to "I don't like your pvp system! I 15 1337!!!11" That's just it, you can't change my point to that you down syndromed midget you.

Should my first post be an ass kissing "please accept meeh!1" post? Sorry I didn't give you the proper E-respect or E-rim job you're accustomed to buddy. Get over it, you'll live.

Do I care if you know me? And why is it that you speak for the WHOLE instea of just yourself? Obviously a guy with an ego issue. My point was stop crying and adapt. IF pvp was always the same, it'd get boring. Figuring out how to take on the new challenges and keep afloat is what makes pvp fun. You can attempt to twist my point all you want. It still stands and anyone with 1/2 the half of brain you have left can still see my point.

I know plenty more than you you asshat. Whether you started before me or not is besides the point. You just contradicted yourself b/c the "I've been around longer and know more than you" came from YOU. My only point of stating how long I played UO was to show that I'm not crying because I've seen a otn of changes come and go and have adapted to them ALL. So if you're really an oldschooler, stfu. That's my point. Trammie bank huggers make me sick...go back to your GayOL Legends shard you poser.

I have no complaints about this shard whatsoever other than the excessive amount of newb crybabies like yourself that pretend to know something. If you guys spent less time crying and more time adapting, then maybe you'd be able to beat that mage you're so afraid of.

The last contradiction you made, "the board is here to talk"... well then dummy, my posts will be how I want them to be. Everytime someone is new to a place, it's the lifeless losers with low self-esteem IRL that get territorial and start throwing the term "newb" around. The truth is, you'er the newb, you found another shard, you started over, and created this alter ego of yourself. WOW, you're liked online.... want a cookie?

My point has been made so strongly that even your jerkoff vice grip of left hand couldn't dig any deeper into your ass to pull out some more BS so give it up. Look at your post count, play the game, stop your crying. It's a game. Freaking internet police...can't stand them.

C

Cricket

God man you really are a loser. You make so many assumptions about me irl, and you have no clue what you're talking about. It's kind of pathetic how you have to end every sentence with an insult that is completely false. It shows how insecure you are; that you have to resort to blind online insults to cope with it.

And on top of all of this, I support the +20 to wrestling.

Being that this is useless and we will never meet, why don't we duel and settle this as much as we can. I think you are a worthless noob, you think the same of me; so let's settle it.

Set a time and place.

~C

Worthless assumptions? They were worth the good laugh my brothers and I got off you. Tell me your chars name and I'll find YOU. Dueling is all fine and well, but I'd rather settle this in the wild...

Never meet? I travel all the time. I'll duel you IRL. :p

You're funny, get a life or take the pathetic one you have now. Whichever is easier for you.

C

Cricket

I'm sure you and your brothers got a laugh - bunch of zit faced computer nerds. If you can't figure out my character's name, then you are retarded as well as a loser.

And you know nothing about my life. Again - more blind assumptions about me irl. Your stupidity overwhelms me.

~C

Gogarth

Wanderer
Wrestling is a pretty useless skill, it doesn't do as much damage as the "real" combat skills do so I say keep the +20. Besides you would need all three skills in order for it to work.

Cricket said:
I'm sure you and your brothers got a laugh - bunch of zit faced computer nerds.

And you know nothing about my life. Again - more blind assumptions about me irl. Your stupidity overwhelms me.

~C

What a tard, and a puss. Way to contradict yourself boy genius. Look just tell me your chars name and where you hang so I can come and rip you a new E-asshole bigger than that thing you call a mouth cockboy.

Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.