UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Common Templates on Hybrid

jpowell52000

Sorceror
Re: Common Templates on Hybrid

How come all the dex'ers have magery? I have on my character: Healing/Anat/Resist/Swords/Parry/Hiding/Tactics...no good? or should I change something?

I would say drop hiding for something else. The reason people all have magery into their build is to have the ability to recall, gate, cast healing spells, cure poison and reflection. While many builds don't use it offensively, it makes a great tool for defensive spells and survival.

jpowell52000

Sorceror

Ok, so I should have:
Healing/Ana/Tac/Parry/resist/Swords/Magery, and drop hidding. Another question. I was thinking of dropping parry for lumberjacking so get the bonus with an axe. I wasn't sure, just need some help, since I only been playing for 4 days. I almost got 4 x gm. Sucks, but my hiding is at 96%. Should I drop my strength and dex a little lower. I got 100str/100dex/25int. Should I drop it to like to like 90 str/90 dex/ 45 int?

Thanks in Advance.

You'll want to even out the stat points a little more. Having them that one-sided will make you a prime target for mindblast. You should do well with the 90/90/45 switch. Some alter it a little, but it depends on if you're prime weapon is magery or the axe. Looks good to me though.I would say drop parry and pick up lumberjacking.

RoscaO

Wanderer

My char is

80 STR
45 DEX
100 INT

Anatomy
Eval Int
Sword
Tactics
Magery
Resist
Medit

My template is good?

Otterom

Wanderer

ok I'd like to have a tanker swords-mage but i saw that the stat should be 100 str,25 dex and 100 int and i'd like to know if the dex isn't important and why

jorn

Sorceror

Dex is not very important on a hally tank, the halberd is really slow and the dif between swing speed of 25 and 40 dex isn't much.

However with 25 dex and 100 str you will be mindblast bait.

Mindblast damage is calculated, in part, by subtracting your highest stat from the lowest.

90 35 100 and 90 45 90 would be the stats i'd go with.

Ksaz

Sorceror

Does anyone use archery in their tank mage templates anymore? Back in the day, hxbow tank mages were gods, now it seems like archery is all but extinct. Is it really that ineffective?

shar'thok

Wanderer

i think hxbow hybrids are pretty bomb but the fact is you cant hunt people down because you have to stop to shoot but... they make graceful duelers.

Rikomi

Wanderer

Poisonner
Magery
Resist
Meditation
Evaluating Intelligence
Wrestling
Anatomy
Poisonning

Q: Why anatomy? Is a stun really effective with poisoning?

And I'm debating whether I should bother with an Alch/dexer because I wouldn't be able to fight in town right?

PvP-Vet (PVP)
Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Veterinary
Tatics
Magery
Resist
Meditation

Q: Is this above merger of bola and pvp tamer alright? (at the loss of eval). Does eval affect healing spells?

alch.dex 4tw. you CAN fight in town, just can't throw pots or gotta be really careful with them in town.

also a 95str/80dex/50int scribe dexer

sword
tac
anat
resist
magery
medi
scribe

i like the idea of the stealth dexer though i may have to try that out

Redgar

Wanderer

Is this template worth trying it?

Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Meditation
Magery
Resist
Alchemy

I wonder if an alch-archer dexxer is good enough to be on the field.

Nicolai

Sorceror

nastynate-hybrid;1529452 said:
alch.dex 4tw. you CAN fight in town, just can't throw pots or gotta be really careful with them in town.
Unless they changed things back without me noticing you can now throw explo pots in town without risking guard whackage.

Nicolai

Sorceror

Rikomi;1522940 said:
Poisonner
Magery
Resist
Meditation
Evaluating Intelligence
Wrestling
Anatomy
Poisonning

Q: Why anatomy? Is a stun really effective with poisoning?

And I'm debating whether I should bother with an Alch/dexer because I wouldn't be able to fight in town right?

PvP-Vet (PVP)
Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Veterinary
Tatics
Magery
Resist
Meditation

Q: Is this above merger of bola and pvp tamer alright? (at the loss of eval). Does eval affect healing spells?

Stun is a must have for any group fighting mage and its also very helpful solo. Explo stun nox is great especially when you have poisoning because you get a higher level of poison and they cant resist it. Although, I wish they would make higher level poisons harder to cure and you know maybe put a timer on cure pots.

And no eval does not effect healing spells.

Unforgoten

Sorceror

Heres one i dontr think you listed this is what im going with
Macing
Anatomy
Tactics
Healing
Fencing
Alchamy
resist

100 str
100 stam
25 Int
Going with fencing is to poisin my wepon with DP and macing for crusing blows for double dmg and also to rip there stam away from them and have alchamy for exsplosion pots. think mine looks pritty good