UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Common Templates on Hybrid

Dybz

Wanderer
Re: Common Templates on Hybrid

how's this for a poisoner mage template:

mage
eval int
med
resist
poison
anatomy
healing

Dybz

Wanderer

what would be a good last skill to tack onto this template for a dexxer fencer? btw, i really don't want to use magery, so let's try to avoid that...

fencing
tactics
anatomy
healing
resist
hiding

it'd be nice if there were explanations of the benefits of each different template, like why anatomy is good on a mage etc.....

still not sure what template i want to build for each of my toons. are there hally tank mages still running around, or is that dead?

Watabou

Knight

johnnie walker-hybrid;1427585 said:
it'd be nice if there were explanations of the benefits of each different template, like why anatomy is good on a mage etc.....

still not sure what template i want to build for each of my toons. are there hally tank mages still running around, or is that dead?
yup, concussion blow from a 2-handed sword = -50% of their total int for a few minutes

deadly against mages

Na0cho

Wanderer

HI!

I usually only play mages with rare exceptions of a few hybrids but most of my amage chars are:

mage
med
eval
wrest
resist
hide
(X) X= anat, scribe, alch, nox, stealth, anything your heart desires!!

only time i vary from hiding is with a heal mage anat,healing

but i almost always take 5x mage skills with two extra

you could also put stealing and armslore in there in place of the hiding for a disarm thief/mage

for my mages and hybrids i use the followign stats:

80 str (= 90 hit points and you dont really need more if you can heal through a dump except for getting synched and at that point if they are decent your dead anyway if your alone)

45 dex (good to keep higher dex for lesser mindblast damage and gain 20 points from your 80 str!)
100 int (always have as much mana as possible on a mage!)

thats just how i do it usually and my preference.

also another thief build id do is:

stealing
arms lore
healing
anat
wrestle
hiding
and i usually break the last part up with snooping tracking and magery (for recalls and cures if i need them)

at times i have substituted stealth for anat and just chugged like hell and ran faster instead of stickign aroudn to heal but a decent non pvp thief shouldnt stick around anyway imo just gank n run n hide n bank

I hope this helps someone maybe

JackRandom

Wanderer

Alchy Heal Mage

Magery
Resist
Meditation
Eval Int
Anatomy
Healing
Alchemy

almost done building that template. my hopes is that healing will benefit me better than the ability to stun....

Seuss

Wanderer

Hrm

There a few glaring absences in regards to templates

Eval Dexer
Weapon
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Resist
Eval Int

This template, while apparently not popular on this shard, was once used on OSI shards as an effective way of finishing off that elusive opponent. With weaponry you can chase efficiently whence you fire off that (hopefully) finishing e-bolt, lightning bolt, or fire ball. Additionally, this template gives you the ability to def. wrestle making it easier to cast that finishing spell when in group combat.

Med Dexxer
Weapon
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Resist
Meditation

Really surprised this template wasn't mentioned. This was once the "primo" dexer template on OSI shards. With this template your dexxer char has the ability to heal (almost) endlessly through dumps with spells, with the added benefit of having a bandage salve your wounds whilst in combat. Add to this defensive capacity the ability to deliver constant, high speed dmg and you have a very potent template indeed.

Stun Dexer
Weapon
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Resist
Wrestle

As the title suggests, this template gives your dexer the ability to plan stuns. With a large pool of stam to draw from, dexers have the unique ability of delivering multiple stun attempts without having to sip from the red refresh pot. Furthermore, this template, since it uses wrestling, gives your dexer protection while your weapon is at your side. Even before stun punches were added, this template was very popular and effective.

Disarm Mage/Thief
Magery
Med
Eval
Resist
Wrestle
Arms Lore
Stealing

How was this template missed? By ordering your skills in this manner you have the unique ability to disarm those pesky dexers or tank mages, leaving them gasping, or running, in defeat. Plus, and this is the real kicker, with stealing you are able to get those high end blades and pole arms you've always wanted right out of your opponent's hands.

Stealth Mage (PK!)
Magery
Eval
Med
Resist
Wrestle
Stealth
Hide

This is my all time favorite pk template. It gives you the unique ability to sneak around dungeons unnoticed waiting for the most opportune time to deliver that potent flame strike (like when the dragons breath is flying through the air and all that's left on a stat bar is a sliver of blue). When more than one stealth mage is employed in murder, your victim really has no chance!

Stealth Dexer
Weapon Skill
Anat
Heal
Resist/or Magery
Tactics
Hiding
Stealth

Like the previously mentioned stealth mage, the stealth dexer is the ultimate dungeon pk template. It gives you the ability to get right next to your victim in that precarious situation and deliver the finishing blow. Taking your victim by surprise is a nice way to greet them, and always has the effect of giving them the jitters.

JackRandom

Wanderer

Seuss;1470723 said:
Disarm Mage/Thief
Magery
Med
Eval
Resist
Wrestle
Arms Lore
Stealing

thanks, i've been looking for a legitimate reason to support a thief template. and this one sounds good to me. thanks again.

A

Ashrak

I want to be a poison dexxer but i need help here i goes:

Race: Elf

Stats:
Str: 100
Dex: 100
Int: 25

Skills:

Anatomy 100
Fencing 100
Healing 100
Magery 30 (for recalls)
Poisoning 80
Res. Spell 90
Tactics 100
Parrying 100

Another hyper expensive and not sure if possible:

Anatomy 120
Fencing 120
Healing 120
Parrying 120
Poisoning 100
Tactics 120

Strat: Poison--bleed--hit--Ignore-a few more hits OoOoOOoOOo

My general question is if i should use magery or resisting spells

Ozzy

Sorceror

Unregistered;1478386 said:
As far as I know, Elfs not supported here?

correct, and i don't know if i've said it already but great guide +1

M a r i s

Wanderer

Hello..my mage can be considered an IDOC mage, but does not have your build under it..

The build i roll with is:
Detect
eval
hiding
magery
meditation
Resisting spells
Wrestling

100 str
25 dex
100 int

This build works like a charm for me..

If you are thinking it doesn't have tracking..well i have 16 tracking, and can track hiders, and ghosts...so that would be pointless to have tracking.

Thought this might help

U

Unregistered

Does it really make such a difference in PvP to have resist? I mean, it's a bitch to train and it practically only affects poison. And Gm vs Gm it's about one of 5 it gets resisted, am I not correct? It doesn't take away any damage, so why people bother?