UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Common Templates on Hybrid

Hyfigh

Wanderer
Re: Common Templates on Hybrid

Edit: Meh- I got an answer in the Q&A threads. Nice compilation, though, even if it is a little bulky for it's purpose.

Xanartik

Wanderer

I was thinking of doing:
Anatomy
Wrestling
Magery
Meditation
Evaluate Intelligence
Resist spells

And I can't decide between either healing or poisoning. What are the merits of each to a blatant PVMer, with some intention of PVPing once I learn how to play again?

I thought I might as well post a special template I did for a hybrid tank mage.

~Stats~
Str. 85
Dex. 60
Int. 80

~Skills~
Anatomy
Eval Int.
Magery
Meditation
Magic Resist
Swordsmanship (fencing would be great here too)
Tactics​

I started with a standard tank mage with 25 dex and it just didn't work the way I wanted. Even the kryss is WAY too slow at 25 dex. With only 80 int, you need to use your weapon more but it works out very well. you can get in 4 hits with a kat for every one from someone with 25 dex. But you usually don't need that many. Your high dex keeps your opponent running and healing while allowing you to ignore poison and keep swinging if needed. You got enough mana to stay healed and combo and you have enough dex to keep even the best healers running for their life.

This is the first time I have really tried a hybrid char, I had a similar one on Metropolis (when it was good) but I had dialup back then. It is fun to play this char but you have to really manage your mana with this template. Running out of mana when its 2vs1 (para gank) is really bad. I have had more than a few decent pvp'ers run for it after 2 kat hits and a poison!

R

Reagle

Can someone please post me a good template for a BARD that i can kill monsters with?

I'm new to the server and want to kill monsters for money rather than mine all day and a good build would help me, i have enough money to finance whatever skill ups i need.

thx.

Hyfigh

Wanderer

Reagle;1412976 said:
Can someone please post me a good template for a BARD that i can kill monsters with?

I'm new to the server and want to kill monsters for money rather than mine all day and a good build would help me, i have enough money to finance whatever skill ups i need.

thx.

For that type of build you can't go wrong with a peace/tamer.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Hyfigh;1413068 said:
For that type of build you can't go wrong with a peace/tamer.

I think he wants to run around with fire horns n shit, but you can maybe try to make a bard tamer :p If its possible ^^

Great guide btw :D

U

Unregistered

I'm coming back to UO after about 6 years. This is a great post and does help out a lot. What I was wondering, is it possible to make a dex monkey fencer tamer?

it'ld go something like this

animal taming
animal lore -> 20
vet -> 80
anatomy
tactics
fencing
healing
resist

few questions i had about the OP... why does every one of the builds include magery? and just how powerful are pet dragons and the such?

i'ld mostly focus on PvM, but i'ld like to be able to defend myself if attacked by a PK. any suggestions would be much appreciated as i'm trying to remember how to actually play this game lol.

Nicolai

Sorceror

Unregistered;1413460 said:
I'm coming back to UO after about 6 years. This is a great post and does help out a lot. What I was wondering, is it possible to make a dex monkey fencer tamer?

it'ld go something like this

animal taming
animal lore -> 20
vet -> 80
anatomy
tactics
fencing
healing
resist

few questions i had about the OP... why does every one of the builds include magery? and just how powerful are pet dragons and the such?

i'ld mostly focus on PvM, but i'ld like to be able to defend myself if attacked by a PK. any suggestions would be much appreciated as i'm trying to remember how to actually play this game lol.

Im not an expert but not having gm lore will make vet useless especially if your vet is only 80 not to mention it will make taming anything useful almost impossible.

Also, without magery you might as well say goodbye to your loot the second you see a red name pop up. Without magic reflect or the ability to recall effectively you will get owned by even the most noob PK. Sure you've go healing but you will get dropped long before you finish applying the bandages.

Anyway, like I said Im not an expert on tamers so if 20 lore and 80 vet can actually work then I would suggest dropping healing for magery.

I think if you really want to PvM effectively while avoiding being PKed you should go for a peace tamer. My peace tamer has yet to be PKed and he rakes in the dough not to mention those magic items.

U

Unregistered

ah, i see. didn't realize that animal lore actually had an effect on taming and vet. and yeah, i guess that makes sense to have magery. speaking of which, how powerful are the summoned demons and elementals that mages get?

U

Unregistered

also, does eval int affect spells like heal/greater heal, and the summon spells?

U

Unregistered

how's about this for a mage/tamer

magery
eval int
med
animal lore
animal taming
resist
hiding

still focusing mostly on pvm with just enough to defend myself in pvp.

Here is a dexxer bard that I played a long time ago.

~Stats~
100 STR
100 DEX
25 INT

~Skills~
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Music
Provoke
65 Resist
35 Magery​

This build was created for farming big dumb monsters. To be more specific, Ogre Lords. Ogre Lords are near non-existent here but can easily be used for magical monsters if you are careful.

One key to using this build is to attack the monster with the highest HP. Trying to get the monsters to die at the same time so you don't need to fight a powerful monster for long (one or 2 hits). With only 65 resist, you might have problems with PKs but if you see them, get on em and heal.

Unregistered;1413616 said:
also, does eval int affect spells like heal/greater heal, and the summon spells?

I can't say for sure if it affects summons or not, but for the heals, no it don't.

U

Unregistered

screw magery! the templates i've finally settled on for my two characters:

bard... that's it, just a bard....

music
provoke
disco
peacemaking
hiding
healing
anatomy

if i see a red, i'll hide, and recall using a scroll, no pvp here. also hiding is nice when PvM just in case i need to heal or whatnot.
dex monkey archer

archery
tactics
anatomy
healing
hiding
resist
tame/lore each to 50

this one will be more for pvp, granted i won't be able to solo pvp due to the lack of magery, but i hate dueling. i like group pvp much more, so i'll be in the back picking your ass off with my heavy xbow ;-). oh and the animal taming is basically just for a little extra cash and providing all my characters with mounts.

i know i'll prolly get bashed for the lack of magery, but i don't know, i just hate it. most likely i'll eventually make a straight mage character, but for now i'll enjoy these two. let me know what you think!

Why don't you just make a tamer to supply mounts to everyone rather then putting it on an archer PvP template?

Dybz

Wanderer

just noticed i wasn't logged in >_<. i will do that eventually mythia, once i actually make the mage, it'll probably end up being a tamer/mage, but until then i'm too lazy and just going to do it on that character because it already has 50/50 taming/lore lol.

I'm looking for a quality warrior/bard build

I was thinking instead of provoke, just use peacemaking.
I have parry though, should I get rid of it? I use fence so I could easily use a long spear instead.

with provo u need 2 targets, and provo is harder to train than peace. Peace u can just beat the shit outta them while they stand there looking like idiots

only thing is, harder monsters dont stay peaced for long

i want to make a pvm dexxer, so whats some good builds.
ill have

Mage Duelist
Dex fighter
Dex PVM
Crafter

ill do other accounts for thiefs and the like

Dybz

Wanderer

I tried out the PvM dexxer w/o provoke:

fencing
tactics
anatomy
healing
musicianship
peacemaking
hiding

hiding once again in case u need to heal or get away from pks, but u can easily swap that for magery or resist or whatnot if you would like. worked pretty well, but like you said, peacemaking only goes so far. for the real big stuff i think u need provoke.

btw, with this template i was killing stuff in level 2 of covetous without a problem. pretty nice when you can take out dread spiders and not have to worry about poison.