UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 30th 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

FacePump

Knight
Re: Changes - August 30th 2009

put back in random fall idoc timer.. like it used to be.. when it would fall anywhere from 8 -24hours after going idoc.

house scripters would be almost usesless

Phallen

Sorceror

Mark;1949058 said:
  • The pet skill gain rate has been increased slightly.
  • The spell selection algorithm for magic wielding creatures has been adjusted.
  • Several small potential issues with various systems have been corrected.
  • Item Identification will no longer emulate a single click when used on a house sign.
  • Other miscellaneous tweaks/changes.

Why are the devs putting these damn patches in?! They have already ruined PvP Tamers. Yes, they are trying to adjust changes for "spell selection algorithm for magic wielding creatures." Why not just put it back the way it was and take out that damn friending option for pets. That makes it even for PvP Tamers. If you leave the changes for pet skill gains, eveyrone will make 7x mares, ruining the market and flooding the damn server with 7x pets.

I'm not big into IDOC's but why would you change the Item ID? Did that give some sort of advantage over IDOCs?

Fides

Sorceror

FacePump;1949091 said:
put back in random fall idoc timer.. like it used to be.. when it would fall anywhere from 8 -24hours after going idoc.

house scripters would be almost usesless

i don't ever remember when this was implemented

nicchren

Sorceror

Too be honest if everything was the way it was in 2004 the sever would be incredibly kickass

ZachM1

Sorceror

[22:06] <&Mark> it was never intentional to let people time idocs with razor
[22:06] <&Mark> infact, i dont even think id consider that legit how it was being done before
[22:06] <&Mark> i cant believe so many people were doing that, but nobody ever talked about it
[22:06] <&Mark> like they all knew it was shady
[22:08] <&Mark> theres a reason that you cant use razor to macro placement
[22:09] <&Mark> theres a reason you cant see a house sign when you are dead

nicchren

Sorceror

Zach-hybrid;1949097 said:
[22:06] <&Mark> it was never intentional to let people time idocs with razor
[22:06] <&Mark> infact, i dont even think id consider that legit how it was being done before
[22:06] <&Mark> i cant believe so many people were doing that, but nobody ever talked about it
[22:06] <&Mark> like they all knew it was shady
[22:08] <&Mark> theres a reason that you cant use razor to macro placement
[22:09] <&Mark> theres a reason you cant see a house sign when you are dead

Well Mark you know the players are what really matter.
After all they are the ones donating

The Mute Muse

Sorceror

I don't get why there is always someone complaining when a change is made. You play for free. You wouldn't take a free hamburger and then bitch someone out because it has pickles on it. Instead you just take the pickles off (work around the problem) and enjoy the rest of the free hamburger.

... Sorry I'm hungry.

nicchren

Sorceror

The Mute Muse;1949099 said:
I don't get why there is always someone complaining when a change is made. You play for free. You wouldn't take a free hamburger and then bitch someone out because it has pickles on it. Instead you just take the pickles off (work around the problem) and enjoy the rest of the free hamburger.

But Mute this sever is basically ran off player donations.

Countessa

Knight

Item ID is not supposed to work that way. It was a bug and now it is fixed.
All the 'legit and honest players' were exploiting said bug instead of reporting it.
Way to go guys.

Sigma

Wanderer

nicchren;1949100 said:

that doesnt mean donators control the server.

donating only entitles you to the item you got for donating, i wish you idiots understood that.

nicchren

Sorceror

Sigma;1949102 said:
that doesnt mean donators control the server.

donating only entitles you to the item you got for donating, i wish you idiots understood that.

Really if everyone stopped donating and Ryan had to pay out of his pocket you really think this sever would be what it is

baja

Wanderer

Wow the best line is "I dont have 8 hours to time an idoc I have to sleep" LOL
IDOCS are not suppose to be timed so you can be there perfectly, Its suppose to be work... HOLY FUCK most of you are retarded lol

The Mute Muse

Sorceror

nicchren;1949100 said:

Giving a donation to the shard is exactly that. It is a gift that says you like the shard and you want them to continue working on it and keeping it working and interesting to the best of their ability (which is all mark is doing). It is not you paying them to provide you with a service. You are not required to donate and if you don't like the shard then by all means, don't donate.

forever_tru

Sorceror

Well this is how I see it, first off why even have razor if we are not able to use razor the way we want too, you have already taken the cant time when dead in razor and cant script place in razor. So my question is what is so wrong with timing in razor alive, and dying 50% of the time to other ppl killing your timer? Your using a legit skill to time a GW. GEZZZ my as well take razor away...

Fides

Sorceror

If the shard changes affect the playerbase in a negative aspect more then a positive one, and it upsets more and more donators, the donations will stop coming in as much.

Yes the players do not RUN this shard....but theyre what KEEPS it running.

You have to understand this shard is ran by donations and if enough of the donators get upset at changes made over time eventually it's going to piss them off enough to quit donating and spend their money elsewhere. Nuff said

ZachM1

Sorceror

forever_tru;1949108 said:
Well this is how I see it, first off why even have razor if we are not able to use razor the way we want too, you have already taken the cant time when dead in razor and cant script place in razor. So my question is what is so wrong with timing in razor alive, and dying 50% of the time to other ppl killing your timer? Your using a legit skill to time a GW. GEZZZ my as well take razor away...

You're not smart and I don't think you even read this thread.

baja

Wanderer

forever_tru;1949108 said:

I did not realize >ITEM< ID was made for timing idocs? Maybe its just me but ****ITEM**** ID does not sound like IDOC TIMER SKILL.

Status
Not open for further replies.