UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - April 16th 2011

i don't get what's going on here... the delay timer idea was fine. in fact, if you just remove lightning wands entirely from the game it's fine. the whole problem was not being able to see who the dump was on...

...oh and wands were already like this a long time ago... then they got changed back to normal... now they're changed back again? what the hell is going on

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Could you consider making it so players can still use heal/gheal wands while running? This patch is going to make it so it's even LESS possible to solo.

this makes using wands to run from ganks impossible. big nerf to solo players.
Could you consider making it so players can still use heal/gheal wands while running? This patch is going to make it so it's even LESS possible to solo.
This is what i've been so greatly concerned with, the slight delay will be such a miniscule hindrance to gankers, yet it makes it so much harder for the soloist being ganked... there is already such a large chance you will have to pause to heal when being ganked solo...

You are literally just making it harder on the people who work so hard to provide pvp for all of the people who only roll in groups.

One thing the GM's neglected to mention... purple potions now layer differently when tossed to the ground, making it much easier to kick pots. Simplifying one of the most skillful game mechanics along with nerfing soloists? newpotlayer.JPG
Please find a GM that is dedicated to pvp before you try to implement changes to it... and by dedicated to pvp I mean someone who ACTUALLY FIELDS

Keilani

Sorceror
Mark Great Job I Think The Wand Delay Will Make PvP More Evened Out Us Mages Have To Stop When Casting Wands Are Teh Same As Casting A Spell So They Should Have To Stop Too...Thanks Again!

mjkramah

Squire
Wand delay(freeze) is just killing the PVP on Hybrid which is already basically dead. There is no delay on a wand because 1 charge of lightning or gheal costs 2k+, 1 cast of lightning or gheal costs you only the cost of the regs, hence a casting delay.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mark,

Great job on the stackable pots and hued commodity deeds and the server moving. You have done a fantastic job. But in the changes I did not see where the explode potion has been tweaked. In some cases I cant start and stop a pot then start the pot again to chuck it at somebody. Was this a change not made public?
You're clicking the wrong potion. When you activate a stack of explosion potions, the activated potion is moved off the stack. Cancelling the target and clicking the already activated explosion potion will work fine, no delay. However, if you click the stack, you're basically telling the server you want to throw another explosion potion, so that will give you the delay message.

One thing the GM's neglected to mention... purple potions now layer differently when tossed to the ground, making it much easier to kick pots. Simplifying one of the most skillful game mechanics along with nerfing soloists? View attachment 64248
Please find a GM that is dedicated to pvp before you try to implement changes to it... and by dedicated to pvp I mean someone who ACTUALLY FIELDS
Probably a client thing. When you walk over an already thrown potion, it goes under you as expected.

A had a friend of mine test this out before I took the pics, and he was getting the same results, with a client that is up to date. Mine is not. I'm not sure about whether or not I can walk on top of them though.

And Shino, razor does not discriminate between a stack of purple potions and a single purple potion when a macro is referencing that item type, so there is no way to ensure you are "clicking" the right pot. I really hope you don't actually mean clicking each pot manually...
Also, your statement that the potion you are activating is the same one that is split from the stack is not necessarily true.

Xantumal

Page
In Razor, if you 'Drink Explosion' then 'Cancel Current Target' and then 'Drink Explosion' again, it will select the same pot and work with combo's.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
A had a friend of mine test this out before I took the pics, and he was getting the same results, with a client that is up to date. Mine is not. I'm not sure about whether or not I can walk on top of them though.
Yeah, mine isn't patched all the way either, but I noticed layering changes in my 7.0.8.2 client when I updated from 6.0.6.1.

And Shino, razor does not discriminate between a stack of purple potions and a single purple potion when a macro is referencing that item type, so there is no way to ensure you are "clicking" the right pot. I really hope you don't actually mean clicking each pot manually...
I do, yes. :D Although, as a workaround, you can just unstack your potions so Razor won't target the wrong ones.

Yea honestly I've just been wanting to say this sucks in this thread for a long time, but I decided to more or less back it up with reason so that they might seriously consider changing it back. I mean the potion stacking is a cool concept I guess, if there weren't so many problems with purple potions, but that is it.

Lament

Knight
yo, lets have some constructive criticism rather than bashing the GMs

theyre just trying to help

and YES they dont pvp very much so they are gonna need our feedback

lets keep it polite.

Lament

Knight
This is awesome i just came off the field with 4 loot bags, and I could hold em ALL

and now my house can hold like 100 stock bags, rather than 8, lol

Lament

Knight
I mean the potion stacking is a cool concept I guess, if there weren't so many problems with purple potions, but that is it.

yea im not really liking the problem with stackable explosion pots [not being able to bring up an explo pot after its cancelled]

i think thats gonna frustrate a lot of people.

and if things remain as they are players will still have to use explo kegs, making it not all that much easier to stock a character in general

think we are gonna see a lot of people having to manually unstack explo pots just to pvp effectively