UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - April 16th 2011

Dragon Slayer, you need to look at this from a 1v3 perspective, not a 1v1 perspective. Of course a .5 movement delay on gheal wands would not effect pvp on a 1v1 level, there is no reason to be moving while gheal wanding 1v1 anyways.

I understand your point, but imagine those same 3 people potting+lighting wanding you. As soon as they fix the level 1 and 2 circle spell wands, it will be even easier to survive ganks.

Cordelia Chase

Wanderer
Changes effective after server restart:
  • Potions will now be stackable.
  • Corrected an issue with wand cast delay algorithm (second circle spells had a longer delay than third circle spells).
  • Movement will now be blocked while a spell is being cast with a wand (first and second circle spells have no delay when cast with a wand, so this doesn't apply to them).
  • Wands will no longer be exempt from the next cast delay.

Why on EARTH would you do this Mark???? These were two of the FEW things that kept alchy dexers from being infinitely overpowered. Guess I will be seeing a WHOLE LOT more alchy dexers out there now. Thx i think you have officially ruined this shard for me.

I understand your point, but imagine those same 3 people potting+lighting wanding you. As soon as they fix the level 1 and 2 circle spell wands, it will be even easier to survive ganks.
My main point was it needed no tweak, it took a good amount of skill to survive a well played field gank, as it should. There is no reason for soloists or gank squads to be nerfed/buffed. The game was relatively balanced.

And by what you said, it seems you didn't read my long explanation of why this tweak buffs gank squads. With the new "movement delay" on wands, only one member of a gank has to be on screen of a target to be chain potting/eventually wanding the person they are ganking. This ensures that the person being ganked will eventually have to cast (pause) attempt to hide (pause) or wand (now also a pause), allowing the next closest member of the gank squad to come within pot/wanding range, and the first member to come within stunning range. Each pause of the player being ganked now leads to more gankers coming within pot/wand/cast/bola range then of course stun/swing. With movement delays on wands, there is just one less crucial advantage the soloist can hold over a group of skilled opponents.

Cordelia Chase

Wanderer
lol ok ummm

i was playing hybrid when u were still hiding cheerios in your diapers

but back to the topic...

THX for RUINING my MILLIONS of gp worth of lightning wands. THX for COMPLETELY ruining my template. WHY would u ruin the ENTIRE reason for using wands? WTF MAN REALLY! Why couldnt u have just caused wands to use mana?? First there was the casting delay... ok i could understand that. But now you can't run with them??? What the fuck dude that was the whole reason to use them... Do you know how hard it is to be a solo alchy stun pk already? Now you take away my wands?? I guarentee I wont be playing on hybrid much anymore thx for ruining my time.

I can PvP without wands.

I can PvP without purple potions.

To tell you the truth, I can PvP on just about any type of character, and so should you. This is no reason for you to quit because you lose wands. Mind you, I'm a mega wand user myself, but I didn't "OMFG I HAVE TO HAVE THEM" Just get better, instead of instantly quitting because a crutch item get's a little nerf.

supaf1y

Traveler
one question for you dragonslayer i know your a avid fan of this wand nerf even tho you say your a frequent wand user. How many threads were there prior to the changes were people complaining about wands? none or FEW. now let me ask you this. why change something that has been on the server for 6 years? what will all the soloers do now that gheal are nerfed? what will small groups now do to bigger groups now without lightning wand syncs?

perfect quote "what about another option: dont fuck with soemthing that has been around for 6 years. what? everyone good left so now the bads are complaining enough to the admins to get shit changed? is this a joke?"

DS 69r, I understand your points, but to be quite honest the only times i've seen you in the field was with a relatively sizable SL squad, on blues, outside of del. Of course, I have no clue what alts you have, but that is just my memory. Since wands are such a luxury when in any group that is capable of staying on target and cross healing, I support your views in that aspect.

But for the pvpers on Hybrid who are now a minority, the ones who choose not to have safe guard zone, and choose not to field simply to utilize gank tactics, all for the sake of promoting open world PvP, having a movement pause on a gheal wand is damn near game-breaking when fighting against odds. I'm speaking of a solo red, who will subject themselves to unfair battles (1v2+) simply for the sake of generating pvp for others and themselves.

What a frighteningly large amount of the blue playerbase fails to realize, is that most of the server is simply waiting on reds to provide PvP. And when you see a fight anywhere, its not simply "oh no, theres some murderers herpin around, and some blues too!" but almost 100% of the time (aside from blues flagging on grays), it is "gameplay is happening in this location because a red player(s) chose to come here".
No matter how many blues frequent a so-called pvp hotspot, pvp will never happen unless a red shows up.

I honestly cannot put this more bluntly for someone who has not read my thoughts on this wand patch.
These changes promote ganking, and nerf soloists. How can anyone with a decent grasp of Hybrid's timing system not see this?

We will just have to see how things roll out the 23'rd.

What I'm stating is no move lighting wand is an equal trade-off for no move gheal.

If your fighting anyone decent 2v1, you SHOULD die. GHeal wands are STILL un-interruptable, so you should be able to heal their sync regardless.

Stides40oz

Knight
Changes effective after server restart:
  • 1.Potions will now be stackable.
  • 2.Corrected an issue with wand cast delay algorithm (second circle spells had a longer delay than third circle spells).
  • 3.Movement will now be blocked while a spell is being cast with a wand (first and second circle spells have no delay when cast with a wand, so this doesn't apply to them).
  • 4.Wands will no longer be exempt from the next cast delay.
  • 5.Filled commodity deeds will be hued.

1. Nice
2. Meh
3. Lame
4. Dont get it
5. Nice

The whole point of wands is to cast on the run. They are basically useless now. The only problem wands have is people syncing with them. I think you should remove ALL DELAYS on wands. Not even how they just were, like how they originally when you could INSTAWAND about 3 years ago. Just make them cost mana. That would make a much bigger drop in people lightning wand syncing then movement delay.

signed, a 7 year UOG pvper.

St ides, as or #4, before the patch you could precast a spell, drop it, then insta load a wand. Now you precast a spell, drop it, and "You are still recovering from casting another spell" for .5 seconds, then .5 second movement block.

Stides40oz

Knight
St ides, as or #4, before the patch you could precast a spell, drop it, then insta load a wand. Now you precast a spell, drop it, and "You are still recovering from casting another spell" for .5 seconds, then .5 second movement block.

wow thats all kinds of lame.. thats almost worse then the movement block.