UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Balance Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Balance Updates

This has really gimped 1 v 1 pvping. I could not be killed before in a 1 v 1 dump 5x with pots, now shish, there is no chance in hell.

Look at it this way:
100 mana is 5 lvl 6 spells and they average 25 points each now (used to be 28). That is 125 damage. If I have 100 str (without chugging a str pot) and drink a heal pot, that is 125 hps right there, so even if I get off no heals, i still don't die, does not make since to me?

I agree with pepsi on this one, need more changes like in spring of '04 also how is people going over 100 skill not balance....that usually meant they were weak to mindblast, or in another area. It was about concentrating on someones weakness, now its about how simplified the pvp can get....to quote last time major changes were made.... "why not get rid of all weapons all ways of fighting except for wrestling, then no one can complain about balance issues because everyone would be exactly the same naked men standing around punching eachother"...

*sighs*
oh well whatever....

_Choru_ said:
You dont have to drop a skill to do stats, Ive just changed 3chars, one with 124 str one with 124 int the otherwith 119 str.

Its easy

ok good, you had to on osi, I thought it was the same.

Stides40oz

Knight

_Choru_ said:
Stides, just read what your saying, its not going to be that much harder to kill someone, its now going to take MORE skill to 1v1 not just hold out for the massive explo and 25hp lightning :/
Dude mages are done dead, gone. It will be impossible to kill someone 1v1 with just spells now especially with 100 mana. If you think "oh you just need more skill" It takes NO skill to chug thru a dump how high the damage was b4 now it will be LAUGHABLE to fight a mage 1v1. You heard it hear first.

Stides40oz

Knight

plague_spores said:
I agree with pepsi on this one, need more changes like in spring of '04 also how is people going over 100 skill not balance....that usually meant they were weak to mindblast, or in another area. It was about concentrating on someones weakness, now its about how simplified the pvp can get....to quote last time major changes were made.... "why not get rid of all weapons all ways of fighting except for wrestling, then no one can complain about balance issues because everyone would be exactly the same naked men standing around punching eachother"...

*sighs*
oh well whatever....
Thank you some one with a brain in there head. This change is going to make everyone a generic hyrbrid fencer, hally mage, w/e with similar stats.

Stides40oz

Knight

fierywater said:
It's a shame that he's been more mature in this thread than you.
How am i being immature?? I disagree with the changes and backed up my reasoning without saying "THIS IS GAY, OR THIS CHANGE IS FOR FAG0RTS" obviously you dont play this game and youre just a forum whore otherwise you would see what im talking about.

Revelations said:
I think you should give out stat balls to everyone with 225 stats. I dont want to have to remake all my characters that have 110 mana or 110 dex. My characters are already 7x. So I will ened to lose a skill on purpose to regain stat points and then try to regain the skill points as well.

Please look into handing out stat balls to people with 225 stat points already.
I actually agree with this. There wouldn't be any harm in doing so, since stat balls are not transferable. The problem would be with distributing them to the appropriate people.

StIdes40oz said:
How am i being immature?? I disagree with the changes and backed up my reasoning without saying "THIS IS GAY, OR THIS CHANGE IS FOR FAG0RTS" obviously you dont play this game and youre just a forum whore otherwise you would see what im talking about.
o rly?

I do see what you're talking about. But you came across as extremely whiny. It just irked me. Yeah, I mean, I post here all the time because I just hate UO and enjoy acting like I know what I'm talking about.:rolleyes:

Stides40oz

Knight

fierywater said:
o rly?

I do see what you're talking about. But you came across as extremely whiny. It just irked me. Yeah, I mean, I post here all the time because I just hate UO and enjoy acting like I know what I'm talking about.:rolleyes:
I dont see where i whined?? I said i disagree and gave points why?? Keep up with the pointless flames and keep pretending anyone even knows who u are on the field.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Just use the skill, have iot pointing up, everything else locked, you still gain stats.

fierywater said:
It's a shame that he's been more mature in this thread than you.

Where has he been immature? He is allowed to speak his mind about changes. Last time I looked, people are still allowed to voise their opinions in public and Stides hasn't gotten out of line, he just feels like the changes will hurt 1v1.

Stides40oz

Knight

omg i just proved my point i just 5x my guildmate and we couldnt get eachother to more the HALF Health WITHOUT chugging a pot. Great changes :<
LOL 5x a buddy everyone. I just got explode ebolted and it did like 1/3 damage to my health. This is like DFI test server now. :<

Ya, lets remake Im Por Ylem all over again, this is how it was there. EVERYONE played a hybrid hally mage, and that is now the only smart option with these changes.

I agree with Ides, solo pking is pretty much done with. I guess I will just have to join one of the gank squads, thanks alot. I can be a lamer now too.

Fuck it, I am just going to play a tamer, they are 100 times more powerful due to these changes. The only spells I use on my tamer are poisen and paralyze.

StIdes40oz said:
i win 1v1 tournaments buddy. Use your head b4 flaming. Youre telling me you cant chug thru a mage dump how it was b4? Now with weak spell damage mages are basically obsolete. These are huge changes that make everyone in the game have to go hybrid. Come up with an intellegent response if youre going to quote me.
Only 100 mana with weak spell damage give me an f-n break???
That's the post that I felt irked by. Reading it again, I don't feel the same way I did about it. I apologize. Though no where did I claim anyone knows me in the field or elsewhere, either, so those flames were no more pointless than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.