UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Aww the admins just pissed on ur wands

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
Sorru to interrupt, but Im curious

In the patch notes it said no wands while paralyzed. Does this include STUNS as well?

If so then that is seriously reeeeetarded and should be changed Im sorry. Being able to bust out a gheal wand while awaiting the 3+ players to sync me out was critical

Id check muself but I haveent been home since last night

Yep stun included.

If you get stunned against 3 players you expected just to die

Vizeroth

Sorceror
You really shouldn't be basing your entire negative responses of wands because somebody will be able to run away from you, or some group that outnumbers you (and should be advantaged from the get go) will decide its best to just spam strength pots. That doesn't make them 'better'.
So hey, you'll have almost no chance of killing them, but at least you can comfort yourself with the idea that you're "better" as you helplessly run away. Isn't that nice?
If somebody is scared of you, they should be able to run. Do you need their loot? If they escape, does that mean they are better than you? Did you lose the battle?
I imagine uonewbs would make a good case study of how running like a bitch but still surviving doesn't make the runner feel as though they've actually lost. I've never felt satisfied sending people fleeing into the guard zone or their house, regardless of what it demonstrates about our skill levels. It's just frustrating.

See some people just dont fucking listen, GH wands wasnt the main issue weaken lightning wand macros on the run was the issue... I could tell them how to fix it but they would rather listen to banksitters, and assume ways of fixing it instead of addressing the real issues.

crikey

Sorceror
Yep stun included.

If you get stunned against 3 players you expected just to die
Lmao wow......not being able to move while using a wand is enough. This is just craazzzyyy XD

Guess Ill hafta be extra vigilant with strwngth pots and petals, time a gheal pot and hope fir the best

Maybe precast a heal in anticipation of the stun

Yeah this gonna be tough. Gonna be limpin hard without my crutch

So hey, you'll have almost no chance of killing them, but at least you can comfort yourself with the idea that you're "better" as you helplessly run away. Isn't that nice?

I imagine uonewbs would make a good case study of how running like a bitch but still surviving doesn't make the runner feel as though they've actually lost. I've never felt satisfied sending people fleeing into the guard zone or their house, regardless of what it demonstrates about our skill levels. It's just frustrating.
Vizeroth is the poster boy for broken pvp, when he is on your side you know it's wrong.

Nevertheless, I would have even higher chance of killing them, knowing they won't be able to gheal wand without having to stop, setting themselves up to be stunned and even further destroyed. And I've already said that in most cases, largely the runner is the lesser skilled player.

if uonewbs' opinion on his skill level or your skill level is enough for you to justify breaking gameplay so you can have insane healing while moving (which completely breaks your template, btw) by using wands that cost no mana, then that is entirely on your fault and should be overlooked by staff and doesn't have anything to do with actual game mechanics, only your low ego.

crikey

Sorceror
I've never felt satisfied sending people fleeing into the guard zone or their house, regardless of what it demonstrates about our skill levels. It's just frustrating.
Agreed

I had back to back house hiders last night

First it was a gook I think flee to his house, I say fuck this and walk aeay: not playing that game, then 30 seconds later I fought some dudes 1v2 for an eternity, they go inside THEIR house

Frustrating

Vizeroth

Sorceror
if uonewbs' opinion on his skill level or your skill level is enough for you to justify breaking gameplay so you can have insane healing while moving (which completely breaks your template, btw)
Healing on the run breaks the mage template by granting them a new ability that they didn't previously have, not the dexxer template that can already heal on the run; I would gladly give up gheals as a dexxer if it meant that mages couldn't use them. The problem is that their removal makes gank squads too powerful. I've already outlined how GHeal wands could be modified to remain viable for group battle but almost useless for 1v1 (I don't feel they're much of an issue outside of 1v1, though this is perhaps debatable), but the staff made no comment about it and chose to go down this silly road.

Healing on the run breaks the mage template by granting them a new ability that they didn't previously have, not the dexxer template that can already heal on the run; I would gladly give up gheals as a dexxer if it meant that mages couldn't use them. The problem is that their removal makes gank squads too powerful. I've already outlined how GHeal wands could be modified to remain viable for group battle but almost useless for 1v1 (I don't feel they're much of an issue outside of 1v1, though this is perhaps debatable), but the staff made no comment about it and chose to go down this silly road.
dexxer templates can only heal on the run assuming you having healing/anatomy. however, the same can be said for mages. Thus, I'm not sure your first sentences mean anything. More over, at least mages have to stack intelligence for more mana, whereas dexxers can get away with stacking only enough for gate travel and rely solely on wands that cost no mana, allowing them to stack dex for faster swings.

And I'm not sure I remember your suggestion, but honestly, and with as much respect as I can give on a forum, your suggestions have always been terrible. But go ahead and post the idea once more?

Vizeroth

Sorceror
dexxer templates can only heal on the run assuming you having healing/anatomy. however, the same can be said for mages. Thus, I'm not sure your first sentences mean anything.
Great, so non-viable mages can heal on the run with bandages. This has nothing to do with balancing the alch/stun template that's actually played. This is all moot anyway, as I don't feel that anyone should be able to use gheal wands 1v1, or at least not the most viable templates.
And I'm not sure I remember your suggestion, but honestly, and with as much respect as I can give on a forum, your suggestions have always been terrible. But go ahead and post the idea once more?
We've already had this discussion, and your only "counterarguments" were "it'd be hard to code" and "no one should expect to survive a gank." I won't waste my time rehashing it with you.

crikey

Sorceror
dexxers can get away with stacking only enough for gate travel and rely solely on wands that cost no mana, allowing them to stack dex for faster swings.
Ill greatly miss that perk :(

Oh well. Guess Ill just hefta run run run like an annoying twerp waiting for bandages to kick in. Shouldnt be too hard seeing lightning wands are trash now ;)