UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

ATTENTION DEMISE STAFF

RomanCoke

Squire
I've played several free servers over the years and i really dont know why you guys cry so much, Demise IS the most balanced free server i've played on. And on all the servers i played there was a group of people crying that something was OP or that something else sucked blah blah blah and everytime staff listened to them and made drastic changes to the pvp scene to please them, it ended up with either death of the server or ridiculously low player base after the changes. They just shouldn't have allowed ANY assistant program from the start and we wouldn't be having this discussion cause you guys complain about steam mini heals but razor had pretty much the same.

As far as FCR goes, you people seem to think there is a magical way to instantly fix this. From what i understand, casting has been like this ever since demise started so every single update they did that affected pvp in the least since the start has been made taking into account the broken fcr (atleast i hope) to keep things balanced between the different templates. I've played a couple different ones since i started here and i've managed to kill people on all of them and i ain't even that good of a pvper so everyone saying there's only 1 viable template, your doing it wrong.

I also don't understand people that say there are alot of old players that don't play because of this? If its been broke from the start why did they play then and now suddenly its no good anymore? Oooohhh right !!!

The casting has been broken for a long time on Demise (if not forever). People that "knew what they were doing" were still robo-healing via loops/modded Razors well before AssistUO came into existence to Demise.

I guess they didn't like people being able to cast as fast them? And if you guys think fixing the fcr will make wind not as bad, it will make it even worse.

Necrodog

Page
Why is everyone so afraid of change? The main idea I am seeing here is that everyone is so scared that the game will suddenly become incredibly imbalanced by ushering in even a little bit of change.

Are you guys really saying that there is absolutely NOTHING good which can come from change at all? I thought you had more faith in the Demise staff.

I don't see any problems with at least trying to fix these issues. After all, all it would take is for everyone here to follow their own advice and...

RomanCoke

Squire
Personally i don't really care either way, i haven't been playing here that long but i remember when i first joined the casting felt so weird but i got used to it.

I'm not saying nothing good can come out of this but unlike all of you people who post about this every couple of days I DO HAVE FAITH IN DEMISE STAFF which is why i let them decide what is best for THEIR server. You think EOS is not aware of this issue? That your the first one to bring it up? Well if its news to you, your not. So either they leave it as it is or they fix it, it will be their decision and i hope it will be because that's what they think is best for the server in the long run and not because theyre sick of hearing people cry about it.

I got nothing more to say.

Necrodog

Page
We should focus of nerfing trammies instead of fighting each other, why do they have 5 facets for being cowards and pvpers have only one? Demise policy was for always reward trammies and punish feluccans. It's time to change.
I wish they would at least let us raid Luna bank once in a while (Outside of Server Wars). I'd love to PK some bank sitters :devil:

sk8nomad

Sorceror
personally, i don't mind if they leave it the way it is. I adapted to only pvping in groups as a result... pointless trying to duel/1v1 someone that can go from 5 hp to 137 or w/e in 3 seconds.

*edit*
but also those retarded teleports that move players faster than a player can run . fixing fcr will fix this too.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Funny thing, most people complaining about mage healing seem to be dexxers, mostly archers.
If mages get nerfed then all the mages will come and whine about archers and their godly bows.
It's a vicious cycle...
It's true. But, always remember not even Legolas got a shot off on Gandolph when he returned as the white. Mages are suppose to be above all else. Please nerf all Melee to overpowered, Crafters are fine, ~Signed spell casters.

Diz

Wanderer
On IPY we had the 'house rule' of no more than 3 mini heals in a row - if they popped a 4th before casting or equipping wep, they were disqualified. In the actual sponsored dueling tournaments. It was a rousing success for refining these events and keeping them competitive and not 30-min mini heal recovery snoozefests.

Next sanctioned tournament should try using this rule. I guarantee it'll make dueling a bit more intriguing, since it forces ghealing in certain situations which makes for a more... dramatic killshot opening, shall we say?

----

Also on the notion that 'games shouldn't change based on what the players want' the trick is to weave through all the agenda-driven cries, and find those few players who understand meta fully and are suggesting objective things. If you don't think this is true, well, there's lots of modern games with I dunno, millions of people playing them with meta that shifts monthly - LoL for starters. The reality is that when you see some private server with a couple morons running the ship, and they're letting the players dictate what should be done, they're dead in the water cuz they aren't proactively working towards a balanced system, they're just simply bowing to their constituents... not the same thing as I described in beginning of this paragraph.

Kurupted

Squire
I've played several free servers over the years and i really dont know why you guys cry so much, Demise IS the most balanced free server i've played on. And on all the servers i played there was a group of people crying that something was OP or that something else sucked blah blah blah and everytime staff listened to them and made drastic changes to the pvp scene to please them, it ended up with either death of the server or ridiculously low player base after the changes. They just shouldn't have allowed ANY assistant program from the start and we wouldn't be having this discussion cause you guys complain about steam mini heals but razor had pretty much the same.

As far as FCR goes, you people seem to think there is a magical way to instantly fix this. From what i understand, casting has been like this ever since demise started so every single update they did that affected pvp in the least since the start has been made taking into account the broken fcr (atleast i hope) to keep things balanced between the different templates. I've played a couple different ones since i started here and i've managed to kill people on all of them and i ain't even that good of a pvper so everyone saying there's only 1 viable template, your doing it wrong.

I also don't understand people that say there are alot of old players that don't play because of this? If its been broke from the start why did they play then and now suddenly its no good anymore? Oooohhh right !!!

I guess they didn't like people being able to cast as fast them? And if you guys think fixing the fcr will make wind not as bad, it will make it even worse.

so because its already " the best" and here we go with opinions, but ill entertain. so because its the best we shouldnt try to be better? that makes no sense. they shouldnt have allowed any assist programs, well looks like we agree on that.

fcr might have already been broke. however, when a vet returns to demise and gives it ago after years of being away its usually t he fcr and sw that remind him of why they quit. thats what ive been told personally by many. also, many that are still here look/ talk about new servers/ osi every day almost. so yeah that is ohhhh right.

and no fcr wont make wind fixed, i believe most of us feel there is more than one problem with demise.

Lord Aero

Sorceror
Guys, guys. Lets just get rid of UOSteam/Razor, and resort to using the ingame macro tool that has always been available! This means:

- No more scripts (If you wanna train a skill, use a stack of quarters)
- No more inflated economies
- More "awake" players

I understand programs like UOSteam offer benefits, such as automated mining and pvp perks, but in the end, at what cost? The point of Demise was not only to clone OSI to specific patch, but also to make it "better".

Understandably, UODemise has things that OSI doesn't. I think the whole problem lies with UOSteam and Razor. Even though they are portals to allow us to access the game, they offer a lot of perks that make UODemise essentially an "automate-to-win" game. People are making millions just automating the heartwood quest without lifting a finger. This is so fucking sad that they shouldn't even be playing in the first place.

Now for actually making a new program to act as a "portal" into the server. That's something the staff will have to work on.

Drucilia

Knight
Cry me a river. There's 50 more of balance things then wat the original post cries about here. Play the feckin game.
Btw if ur Ping is shite like mine u have a ping imposed fcr.
People can greater heal as fast as I can mini heal

royal kapero2

Sorceror
Do you really want 5 facets to spread reds and PVP seekers around?

If you want to have a hard time finding a fight, sure go ahead, but I truly doubt this is what you want.
No, i didn't think about allow PvP at trammel, ilshenar, tokuno islands and malas. It doesn't have anything to get worse pvp if people want to pvp they go to facet where pvp is allowed. But if they allow it in all facets it wouldnt be hard to find Innocent blues at doom and everywhere.

And then there are ppl that actually have fun automating and playing with the scripts. I don't see myself filling bods for 5 years manually in an economy in that state. Everybody has equal start and tools to do what they want ( except ppl with really high ping, they're f*cked) its just a matter of trying to do it. Personally I wouldn't have even bother to start playing UO again with all the AAA games and variety of choice our times offer if it wasn't the script fest that it is with Steam.

Borys90

Traveler
If fc/fcr get's slower everyone will just use archers, I guarantee it.
In the other runuo freeshards, ever since runic bows got implemented, there simple was no point to play anything else. Demise has a precious good thing, it has a way for the mages balance the insane advantage that the runic bows give.

And you also not thinking about all the people with bad ping, without fast fc/fcr they have no chance to play mages.

Niemante

Wanderer
Guys, guys. Lets just get rid of UOSteam/Razor, and resort to using the ingame macro tool that has always been available! This means:

- No more scripts (If you wanna train a skill, use a stack of quarters)
- No more inflated economies
- More "awake" players

Turning off uosteam and razor would require a wipe to get rid of items crafted by runics from macros/scripts. ( Or it will be server only for old players with great gear. Soon there would be no strong 5-mod eq available to buy. No new player is going to mouse-click 500 000 bods just to be able to 1v1 against you. )
A lot of players will never return after wipe.
But all of those 20 people will be more ''awake''

----
I wish they would at least let us raid Luna bank once in a while (Outside of Server Wars). I'd love to PK some bank sitters :devil:

(this apply to more posts, quoted one was just closest awailable )
There are actually people, who enjoy UO for the crafting system and occasional pve.
It may not sound so thrilling from pvp wiew... but there is no meaning of life in pvp either :D
So please don't try tu ruin the game for others.

--

about balancing templates in pvp:
mostly there is the fcr mentioned, so someone should build the char with 5 fcr and start posting videos from his winnings against others.
probably posting it here on forum, so others can see, that his opponents were not deliberately holding back.
+ accept challanges from others here. all kinds of fights ( 1v1, 2v2 3v2 ... ) 3 or more repeats of each
in other words: make a solid proof, that this needs to change in pvp.
(Or if any staff member does have spare time to create a testing pvp arena for 1-2 weeks with changable mod-caps... )

Lord Aero

Sorceror
Turning off uosteam and razor would require a wipe to get rid of items crafted by runics from macros/scripts. ( Or it will be server only for old players with great gear. Soon there would be no strong 5-mod eq available to buy. No new player is going to mouse-click 500 000 bods just to be able to 1v1 against you. )
A lot of players will never return after wipe.
But all of those 20 people will be more ''awake''
Great point. But at the rate we're going, soon players will be paying 20k for leet armor and weapons just to be able to 1v1 against you. I started my toon on a wiped account 2 weeks ago, and I have well over 8kk. I don't recall it ever being this easy.

Niemante

Wanderer
Great point. But at the rate we're going, soon players will be paying 20k for leet armor and weapons just to be able to 1v1 against you. I started my toon on a wiped account 2 weeks ago, and I have well over 8kk. I don't recall it ever being this easy.

-they can actually kill me with starting gear, no need to spend those 20k :D
But from my short expirience on this server, i also see the prices going down.. but turning off uos/razor is too drastic.

some event with gear-loosing chance? the reward would have to be reasonable, unavailable by other means.. but not OP.
not a bulletproof example, but what about pvp event, where winner gets darkside colour, or a special colour ethernal mount? (just example.. )
all eq of the fallen ones + backpack (not including runebooks etc - no chance of swaping eq fast before death) gets deleted.
none will fight in their best gear obviously.. but not in weak, to actually have any chance of winning.

Lord Aero

Sorceror
-they can actually kill me with starting gear, no need to spend those 20k :D
But from my short expirience on this server, i also see the prices going down.. but turning off uos/razor is too drastic.

some event with gear-loosing chance? the reward would have to be reasonable, unavailable by other means.. but not OP.
not a bulletproof example, but what about pvp event, where winner gets darkside colour, or a special colour ethernal mount? (just example.. )
all eq of the fallen ones + backpack (not including runebooks etc - no chance of swaping eq fast before death) gets deleted.
none will fight in their best gear obviously.. but not in weak, to actually have any chance of winning.
Problem is. That will still further the gap of the people with l33t gear and the people will lower end gear. I guess we can all agree that the l33t gear won't be going anywhere. This is quite the shithole we dug ourselves into. :D