UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

ATTENTION DEMISE STAFF

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
I've played on servers were all facets were open to everyone and there was a shitoad of pvp anyway. In towns and in spawns.

I have not problem with shards of that kind that are focused on PvP oriented gameplay.

Unfortunately for you, you joined a shard that catters to every player base, and that wants to mirror OSI as much as possible/intended. It's not like you didn't knew this or didn't expect this when you joined this shard.

There is vast population of trammies in here, I included, which would turn the server to crap if you want all these facets to become felluca rules.

Bad Mutha

Sorceror
You assume it was a server focused on pvp, which it was not. They simply thought that the trammel aspect of the game was crap, which people can debate about for hours even now.

Trammies can still be trammies, it just spices up the game a little bit to know that you might be in danger when 24/24 farming Miasma wouldn't you think?

MadeInQuebec

You assume it was a server focused on pvp, which it was not. They simply thought that the trammel aspect of the game was crap, which people can debate about for hours even now.

Trammies can still be trammies, it just spices up the game a little bit to know that you might be in danger when 24/24 farming Miasma wouldn't you think?

It does, and it's not a problem when people know what they are getting into from the start.

But you are taking a group of players, who don't want that, and forcing it down their throat. That is where the problem is.

Take Hybrid for instance, it's true there is a vast playerbase of trammies on hybrid as well, yet they knew what they were getting into and live well with it, and accept the dangers of the hunt with a bit of pleasure.

People who joined here, were not looking for that type of thrills, it would be unfair for them to have such a drastic change.

I don't even know what we are arguing about, it's not like it's really gonna happen anyway, so it's pointless to keep going unless you just want to argue, for the sake of arguing, which I can do for a long ass time :p

So - let me sum it up - guys with all possible PSs and artys and shit want not to add more stuff to the server and to allow reds to all facets? And you DO this to welcome new players? Lol... just LOL

Bad Mutha

Sorceror
It does, and it's not a problem when people know what they are getting into from the start.

But you are taking a group of players, who don't want that, and forcing it down their throat. That is where the problem is.

Take Hybrid for instance, it's true there is a vast playerbase of trammies on hybrid as well, yet they knew what they were getting into and live well with it, and accept the dangers of the hunt with a bit of pleasure.

People who joined here, were not looking for that type of thrills, it would be unfair for them to have such a drastic change.

I don't even know what we are arguing about, it's not like it's really gonna happen anyway, so it's pointless to keep going unless you just want to argue, for the sake of arguing, which I can do for a long ass time :p

Christ, I'm not saying that Demise should be all felluca faccet. What I'm pointing out is the fact that the faccet restriction regarding murderers is a pain in the ass for people who don't want to run 5 type of characters. You could permit people to go anywhere they please and still have pvp not allowed on the trammies facet for instance.

MadeInQuebec

Christ, I'm not saying that Demise should be all felluca faccet. What I'm pointing out is the fact that the faccet restriction regarding murderers is a pain in the ass for people who don't want to run 5 type of characters. You could permit people to go anywhere they please and still have pvp not allowed on the trammies facet for instance.

I don't have a problem with that at all :)

Kurupted

Squire
there is rlly no argument right? gm's have admited the fcr is faster on here than osi ever was, right? 2/5 on demise is equiv to 2/6 on osi, right? polish players with 200 ping take advantage of mini heal macro from steam and extra fcr, right? the gm's know that this casting is wrong, yet make money via donation store/ increased population/economy by have polish and other foreigners who ping 200+ but play because they now stand a chance in pvp/pvm, right? osi also had this problem with sw and such but they fixed it down the road. this is all what i believe to be fact, if you wanted my opinion then that would be a whole nother story

MadeInQuebec

there is rlly no argument right? gm's have admited the fcr is faster on here than osi ever was, right? 2/5 on demise is equiv to 2/6 on osi, right? polish players with 200 ping take advantage of mini heal macro from steam and extra fcr, right? the gm's know that this casting is wrong, yet make money via donation store/ increased population/economy by have polish and other foreigners who ping 200+ but play because they now stand a chance in pvp/pvm, right? osi also had this problem with sw and such but they fixed it down the road. this is all what i believe to be fact, if you wanted my opinion then that would be a whole nother story

So you're saying Demise intentionally leave FCR that way so that they can milk Polish players off donations since they have nowhere else to play that casts fast enough for them? <_<

Well that is one heck of an interesting opinion!

Kurupted

Squire
I know most of you I'm countering on this issue hate me and mine with a passion and are already discrediting me and forming a retort before you even read this. I normally stay out of these for that reason. I write all this with the disclaimer I haven't played OSI, only Demise, so I can't even cycle bro.

Anyway, I personally don't think miniheal is much different than the Razor era. The top players have always been able to live pretty much endlessly in a non-boxed-in 1v1 until they get too risky going big when both are low life. You've always had the lesser players that stand in one place spamming miniheal, but you can do that with Razor and that's never an effective tactic against a group focusing damage on you. It's always better to run while casting miniheals here and there in order to increase distance between you and your attackers who have to spend a longer amount of time casting their bigger spells. The only way someone is minihealing through a group of attackers is they aren't syncing damage and don't have mortal or wind mixed in. The advantage UOS does have is the ability to better manage targeting and crossheals, but PvP has continuously been evolving over my years on Demise and new UOS features are, to me, just the next adaptation you need to take on to be at the top levels. I find it absurd to put forth the notion that the veterans are suddenly not playing here because of FCR, since Demise has been this casting speed for all 10+ years and they all played here under that casting.

Wind has its uses in breaking up a choke or finishing off those defensively healing that you can't quite bring down (poor syncing) but can become annoying when heavily spammed the whole fight by several in an outnumbering force. Still, it's pretty easy to interrupt with a clumsy or thunderstorm and when they are protection casting it, you have so much time to run out of range. Run away, load as a group, come back and drop a target. I don't know how players don't realize they are winded or don't react by to being winded and you see them standing in middle of the enemies trying to cast a 3 second miniheal. I also find it strange to see the people who are most vocal about needing to nerf wind because they are almost all part of SEGA, who are the current worst offenders. If I'm not mistaken, Necrodog, you were one of the M winding continuously last night while losing a field fight with one or two extra people on your side and and our side never casting wind, so it's not the be-all and end-all of PvP that is being claimed. Wind has been in for years, it's just nobody realized it's potential because we ran 96 spellweaving that can't land against high resisting spells. About a year ago now, Barcode came back for a brief stint and introduced us to effects of 120 wind and wildfire in PvP by winding a harrower choke away from us. We adapted to it and they left after another month or so citing cheap tactics of using spellweaving in fights. Rest of the shard eventually followed suit by incorporating wind and wildfire. This had the effect of changing choke point PvP. Before all this, the complaint over Hz for years was over choke point PvP with para fields and withers. Spellweaving has flipped this in my view as the advantage now lies in the aggressors instead of defenders. The upper hand, if numbers are comparable, usually goes to the first side to send an advance winder over the para fields followed by the rest of their group. The other team then has the option to retreat and make a coordinated counter-attack or have enough weapon-based characters to put down the wind character before the rest of the winder's team comes in and wipes the disabled casters. Aggressive wildfire use also causes a steady retreat of a defensive guild. Passively sitting behind rows of fields is no longer foolproof.

One bad tactic oft employed is to have almost an entire guild casting wind. While the other group is certain to not be able to cast, there's nobody left in the wind army to do any damage. A group mixing up different character types and taking different roles that lend to the common goal of murder is going to triumph. When everybody takes on perceived overpowered template, the counter to that template will just start being used in response and quickly bring you down. That being said, I'd much rather be running from 6 mages instead of 6 archers or dexxers. Mages just seem more powerful because that's what the strongest players with the lowest ping typically prefer to play over the face-rolling-on-keyboard simplicity of dexxers and archers. There's not often a coordinated group of non-mages like there are coordinated mages.

Thunderstorm at 4/6 is an ineffective interrupter to spam in mounted PvP and in no way comparable to clumsy as you would expend your mana too fast. Nerfing spellweaving to 2/6 would cripple current spawning tactics and send us back to the dark days of 2011. Pixies are a non-factor for me and I don't know why they are brought up so much. They are so slow that you can off screen easily and if supposedly 90% of the players are using spellweaving, then two quick thunderstorms (or a mass dispel) wipes all of them. It never seems like they are doing full blast flamestrikes to me. They are only worthwhile for me as PvM tanks. 40 mana for half HP is retarded and would make the spell useless.

tl;dr adapt or cry, cry is free

first off, im sure people do discredit you for being you, but i also know most of your followers like your status for you and not what you have to say.

anyway, mini heal is op. the fcr is broke, and even if with razor good players would be no different thats the point were making. bad players now heal like the good ones which is eliminating much of the skills you can use in pvp.

same thing with wind man, yeah you can counter it ive done it youve done it, hes done it theyve done it, but again were trying to say that whenever a team decides to grab some weavers which you and hz do everytime i see you guys then it limits the skills/temps that this game has and makes you use certrain skills/temps to compete. thats lame, id love to see a variety of templates actuallyt be able to do stuff(kill 1v1, compete in group fights etc)

tstorm is not the best interupter alone maybe but if im in prot and precast wildfire and come in with wind ive chanceg the entire battlefield with one player. wildfire/tstorm are great for interrupts. i dont see how anyone could argue this

as for my argument personally. between the fcr being broke and sw being so op its limiting the templates we can use to compete and taking a lot out of the game. it should be fact not opinion. how many archers get kills on a weaver mage 1v1 or even worse how about a now weaver mage and the weaver decides to spam feys you gonna kill me 1v1 like that ? no you cant. how about a macer or a fencer how many of those you see get kills 1v. now how many kills do you see 1v1 via inscribe necromage/ tactage mage/ weaver w/ feys? this game is very limited in effient templated. i dunno why anyone would want it to stay like this. if its not a problem then have your guild make a bunch of macers instead of necromage weavers.

Last edited:

Kurupted

Squire
So you're saying Demise intentionally leave FCR that way so that they can milk Polish players off donations since they have nowhere else to play that casts fast enough for them? <_<

no im saying that they made it that way, and now eventhough they no its wrong/ not osi fcr that if they switched it then alot of players would notice and have a issue. when people have issues they may decide to give up on the server. what are you telling me though? that demise is up for anything other then profit? and if they are here for nothing but profit then every decesion they make will revolve around theyre finacial interest.

Kurupted

Squire

its not opinion, if you took op heals from the players who use them then some will get mad. or are you saying that the casting on here is exactly like osi?

Kurupted

Squire
ohh yeah and ive seen numerous pvpers better than most of you quit simply for casting/wind purposes. or atleast limit there play drastically they and I alike feel that this server is only competive with a handful of temps and they get tired of it. if thas not the case then why does mb make people have a necromage/weaver ohh yeah thats right its op as fuck

MadeInQuebec

that demise is up for anything other then profit?
I don't remember commenting on that, but I do believe that Demise prides itself on being one of the best UO options available. Donations are meant to keep the server running, and assuming they can generate revenues and profits from it, I don't see any problem with it either.
its not opinion, if you took op heals from the players who use them then they will get mad. or are you saying that the casting on here is exactly like osi?
Nop, I don't recall saying so. I don't know anything about OSI.

Kurupted

Squire
I don't remember commenting on that, but I do believe that Demise prides itself on being one of the best UO options available. Donations are meant to keep the server running, and assuming they can generate revenues and profits from it, I don't see any problem with it either.

Nop, I don't recall saying so. I don't know anything about OSI.

well i just questioned you a little because i wasnt sure what you were calling a opinion. people take advantage of sw/healing problems. so if you take that away from them. no one is gonna get mad? you dont think they will lose 1$ dollar via donation store/population/economy? rlly? is it a opinion?

MadeInQuebec

well i just questioned you a little because i wasnt sure what you were calling a opinion. people take advantage of sw/healing problems. so if you take that away from them. no one is gonna get mad? you dont think they will lose 1$ dollar via donation store/population/economy? rlly? is it a opinion?

Everything anyone says is an opinion, unless proven a fact!

Kurupted

Squire
Everything anyone says is an opinion, unless proven a fact!

nitpick if you wish. but if i tell you im throw this rock as hard as i can at a window. its technically opinion that the window will break, but realistically we all should be able to useour brains and know what will happen. continue to reinforce the server as it is, thats fine, your intitled to your opinion just the like man who says the window wont break.