UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

ATTENTION DEMISE STAFF

Necrodog

Page
Hello,

As you may know, I and many other Demise players have some serious issues with several imbalances in this game. We would like to see them addressed. The two problems that stick out the most are:

1) Robohealing with UOSteam. One or the other needs to happen to fix this: either disable steam for this shard, or change the casting to have an actual FCR period.

2) 4/6 Spellweaving. Everyone has been Essence of Winded. Everyone has been 4/6 thunderstormed to death. Everyone has had 96 pixies thrown at them, which cost only 5 mana to re-summon. Everyone knows how broken that this skill is. However, at 2/6 casting, with the bugged pixie mana cost addressed, the skill would be much more balanced. Gift of Renewal, Wildfire, Essence of Wind, Pixies, Gift of Life, and Thunderstorm would all be strong, but not completely overpowered.

I want Demise to succeed, and I want to support the awesome community that this shard has. I know I am not the only person that feels this way. Everyone who wants these problems addressed, feel free to comment or like this thread.

Thank you.

Necrodog

Alhimikut

Sorceror
Game is well balanced... if you have problems with essence just pay more attention.
Countering essence:
1) Just fizzle it
2) Run away when u see it being cast
3) Have 120 Resisting spells
4) Have a SW caster in your group as well

Pixies- seriously- Wither, dispel, thunderstorm, and the chivalry dispel or area dmg.

About UOS healing.... why not have dexers heal for even 2 sec with a bandie while mages self fizzle the heals with razor ;)
Countering them self healing mages:
1) Esence ;)
2) Strangle
3) Mortal + 3 arrows ;)
4) you can even use pixies for fun :)
And dont forget.. a mage that heals is a mage in trouble.. so why the cry when u are winning ;)

Necrodog

Page
Game is well balanced... if you have problems with essence just pay more attention.
Countering essence:
1) Just fizzle it
2) Run away when u see it being cast
3) Have 120 Resisting spells
4) Have a SW caster in your group as well

Pixies- seriously- Wither, dispel, thunderstorm, and the chivalry dispel or area dmg.

About UOS healing.... why not have dexers heal for even 2 sec with a bandie while mages self fizzle the heals with razor ;)
Countering them self healing mages:
1) Esence ;)
2) Strangle
3) Mortal + 3 arrows ;)
4) you can even use pixies for fun :)
And dont forget.. a mage that heals is a mage in trouble.. so why the cry when u are winning ;)
Dude... you can protection cast wind...

Seriously? Wither? Mass dispel? You will run out of mana LONG before they do! Try fizzling a mage out of his heals who is casting at 2 miniheals a second and INSTANTLY recasts after you interrupt him.

Necrodog

Page
Feys NEED to be nerfed its ridiculous to see archers with like 40 mana running around with 4 pixies.

The rest i can live with, bad pvper with auto heal still = bad pvper
Yeah, but a bad PvPer who can survive dang near everything you throw at them and should NOT be able to...

Uomvp

Knight
Lets get rid of 64 casting and go to 1/1 ftw and let's drop insurance so suits will fall!!!

Seriously dude there are ways to counter everything. Sometimes it does suck but there are ways to fight fire with fire.

The auto script for finding peopme I do 100 percent agree with.

Alhimikut

Sorceror
I can agree on the fey mana... but anyhow feys are easy to counter and people constantly move around so feys are really not a big deal...
About healing...as said above- a bad pvp-er is a bad pvper even with that healing.. trust me i know lol :)
Instead of crying out for fixes just learn to exploit the existing mechanics and still win ... if not guilded join one of the pvp guilds. You cant have any success in feluca with a guild that fights ettins.

Reactions: MB

Necrodog

Page
You guys are missing the point...

Just because there IS a way to fight winds and roboheals does NOT make it fun to fight them.

What ends up happening is that one or two templates rise above as the only viable templates to use for PvP.

It's not Rock, Paper, Scissors. It's Rock, Paper, Scissors, Shotgun. When shotgun beats all, it kind of takes the fun out of the game, doesn't it? After all, why use a rock or paper, or ANYTHING else when the only way you will win is if you use the overpowered stuff?

Uomvp

Knight
You guys are missing the point...

Just because there IS a way to fight winds and roboheals does NOT make it fun to fight them.

What ends up happening is that one or two templates rise above as the only viable templates to use for PvP.

It's not Rock, Paper, Scissors. It's Rock, Paper, Scissors, Shotgun. When shotgun beats all, it kind of takes the fun out of the game, doesn't it? After all, why use a rock or paper, or ANYTHING else when the only way you will win is if you use the overpowered stuff?

That's the way it's been for a long time and people will use any tactic or exploit to win. Even if they change it; people will still find a way to exploit it. It's a damn if you do or damn if you dont situation.

Alhimikut

Sorceror
U just have to get more into it.. Essence or the healing is not that Op as you think.. a well balanced group of experienced pvpers will always fuck you up even if all of you cast Essence... as for the heal.. i believe it necessary. An archer hits you for 70 dmg at times and then a mortal.. i have 200 ping and can never cast a greater heal.. so healing is actually very nice the way it is.

Reactions: MB

Necrodog

Page
U just have to get more into it.. Essence or the healing is not that Op as you think.. a well balanced group of experienced pvpers will always fuck you up even if all of you cast Essence... as for the heal.. i believe it necessary. An archer hits you for 70 dmg at times and then a mortal.. i have 200 ping and can never cast a greater heal.. so healing is actually very nice the way it is.
You stumbled upon anpother problem: Archery is retarded. Yumis which can two-shot someone with 140 HP are stupid. The fact that Blacksmiths have to do BoDs to get their hammers but all an archer has to do is sit and turn in items for a quest is ridiculous, especially seeing that most of your weapons turn out with resistances on them, because EVERYBODY wears weapons for resists, right?

Once again, you are missing the point... just because you CAN fight the overpowered stuff does not mean that it is FUN to do it. You said it right in your response: you need to fight fire with fire. There is NO alternative. In a sandbox game setting like UO, that is unacceptable.

This game has always had broken or unbalanced/unfair aspects to it, but it has NEVER been this bad.

Robohealing is FAR from necessary in a balanced game setting, and if it was all fixed, at least to a certain degree, then this shard's PvP would be much more enjoyable and balanced.