UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Another DDoS? Go on!

FoHa

Wanderer
Re: Another DDoS? Go on!

Reefer said:
There's no crying here, simply just a suggestion. Were you guys dropped on your heads at a young age, seriously? And besides, I haven't been on the shard long enough to be well aware of what Ryan has spent on the server so far, so I'm just going by what I know right now. And clearly, whatever he has bought surely isn't doing it's job. But you brought up a valid point that it's EV1 being attacked, not the server. That's new information to me, so I wasn't aware. But normally, when a company get's attacked, their whole server-base doesn't, depending. So, I apologize in a half-way sort of manner. But I still personally feel that the server should have higher security. It doesn't matter though, it's not my server, it's not in my budget, so I have no say. It's ridiculous how many people are going to try to kiss the admin's asses. They don't care if you're defending them, because you really aren't. What I'm saying doesn't bother them, because I'm not attacking any of them in anyway, and they know that. So, before anyone else has a childish reply just to harass and kiss ass, take a moment to think about what you're really doing. It's you (who lives no life) who is getting pissed at a meer suggestion. That's it!

First off im not kissing anyones ass. I personally dont like how ryan runs this server anymore. I prefered the old way he ran it w/o all the stupid changes to make it fair for so and so because they could not adapt to the play style he'd just tell them if you dont like my server fuck off. With that said this still is probably the best server out there atleast that ive found. Secondly having a life and my ability to read the posts that were on this topic before hand so as to not be talking out of my ass does not mean i have no life. It doesnt take 10 hours to read 50 posts especially when most are no more then a few lines. And as i said before if you'd read the previous posts and seen the links people have been posting you would have seen that theres really nothing you can do to stop DDoS attacks. Its not like you can slap some kind of firewall or virus protection on to stop this. Hell even someone explained how it works like god i cant even count how many times on this thread and a few others. So again next time please be more informed before posting the same shit that half the rest of the server is and just READ what everyones had to say.

To person who replied to my prev post explaining that we can be tracked to our isp thru ip address - thnx i didnt think of that :S

Pope-hybrid

Sorceror

If we revert back to the time of the first attack, I will lose everything I have. I had just started a few hours before the first attack. I was fortunate enough to have someone give me a plot at a great price and have settled nicely into the shard.

Now I will have to start over and you know what? I don't care a bit. Its the staff and community that make a shard. I will find someone new to give me a great deal on a plot if I can't find the last one. I will go kill the same monsters to gain the same skills, I don't care.

I simply look forward to the time when we can all play again and not have to worry about these attacks. I have no solutions to put into the ring but would like to thank those that do and to those who just want to complain, I am truely sorry for you as you just don't quite get it yet.

For the staff, I am sorry you have to deal with this nonsense. Please don't think that your efforts are unappreciated.

This is mad stupid now for sure. I feel for the staff and Ryan....I'd be fed up and say the hell with it. As for house fall worries...Ryan said he was reverting so Im sure it will revert again whenever these foriegn asshats stop.

I would look into the UO Dreams shard as a possible attacker. We see they beat us at the ToP Shards by 15k votes at day while we put in 2k a day sometimes. They have less players so it looks like a script on thier part voting for them. We have up and down beat them over and over...just wondering if they are DDOSing us out of revenge.

I noticed their unique votes versus players. Looks like an assload of IPs compared to players. Thouhgt it could be from zombie trojen computers.

I don't know how you could do this but its my unprofessional opinion is all.

Best of luck in figureing out the problems at hand.

tapio

Wanderer

Well Pope and I are buddies irl and i couldn't agree with him more. We both happened to get houses the same day (Thk you- TheBlackMan), and if I lose the house and the three GM skills I acheived in that time, oh well. I was impressed within ten minutes of logging on the first time- so much so that i called all my old school UO buddies the same day to let them know about this server. This server reflects the passion of its staff and players, and it would be a shame to let some morons on the intarweb ruin it. Keep your chins up!