UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Another DDoS? Go on!

andyaction

Wanderer
Re: Another DDoS? Go on!

prolly was him then, youd know the name andy action if you were the one i used to be friends with. played that char name for years hehe. plus i knew lance, i believe he was in TB factions with alfa, and i knew phire hawk as well.

Reefer

Wanderer

yeah, lance/phire hawk is my real neighbor, he plays this shard now. heh, good times on lake superior.

Phire Hawk is a newbie. Wrath / KARN > LS clearly.

Just kidding, but seriously he's got to be the skinniest fucking Marine ever.

will our houses decay? i mean is the server actually up? but were just not able to play?

heh, i think it would be completely funny to see the DDos attacker smash these forums, that way not only is the server down, but nobody would have to listen to all of your incessant rants.

youre all fucking idiots, shut the fuck up, bitching wont help anyone nor will it fend off an attacker

PooSlap

Wanderer

If the server is truely "null routed" then the shard is still up, you just cannot connect to it remotely. In which case, yes, your house will fall, and my caslte will fall, and everyones elses house will fall. I'm sure Ryan will take the appropriate changes to the shard for house decay to not take affect during this situation, just relax. DDOS attacks are a lame way of people who can do kiddy scripts to flex there E penis. Although whoever said ryan should release there IP's to us is soooo right. I am a network security major at san jose state, i'm sure my teacher and I would have a good time testing what bandwidth they really have =P

LeKurtz

Wanderer

CISCO site about DDoS: "If you want to involve law enforcement and you are within the United States, contact your local FBI field office. More information is available at the National Infrastructure Protection Center"

i can´t post the link because i´m not famous enough on the forum yet. you can find it at the other thread "The Shard is UP".

so aren´t u the guys living at the land of the free where everything works perfectly, especially bureaucracy? i´m sure the authorities will be very happy to know that they will have infinite scheduled attacks to come here so they can study and maybe even arrest someone for. just go and tell them before everybody says GAME OVER.

This is a comment being said out of ignorance and hoping for enlightenment but....They hackers/retards have to know what ISP(ev1) we are with to actully know who to ddos dont they? is there a way they can find out publically which server you guys are with? if not and if its even remotely possible you guys change ISP'S and keep the knowledge private - they wouldnt know who to attack? if its public and they can find out we r just screwed but just a thought - hope it helps (i understand moving the entire server/websites and everything is a huge pain in the ass but...so are ddos i imagine u guys are gettin a bit of stress from it all :<)

R

Ryan

Reefer said:
Listen, if this keeps up, you can damn well expect the population of the server to decrease dramatically. As well known as this server is, the unreliability will eventually get on everyone's last nerve- it already has. Now, personally, I don't care, because off of this computer I have a life. But, even I'm getting ticked off being that this is the 3rd time this happened and admins still haven't done anything to prevent this from happening (no advancements in security or anything of the nature). Just imagine how pissed off the geeks who shelter their lives with this shard are, damn!

I understand these DDoS attacks will continue to happen. But there is security agents that you can get for your server they can help DDoS attacks. Either you figure out how you'll create more of a secure server, or you can expect people to leave in vast amounts.

I'll still be here tho! But for now, I'm gonna go shmoke some weed.

You're a moron. Please dont speak about what the players of this shard will do.

LeKurtz

Wanderer

This is the best shard ever. There´s no doubt about it, you can only try to compare it with OSI before they started the Jedi phase, wich afterwards evolved to Jedi+Lordoftherings+Japanese18thcentury that is the biggest bullshit i ever seen... And besides being the best shard ever, it´s free... This are the two facts why people will never quit IF they can continue playing, no matter how long it takes til then.. But of course everyone will quit if everyone gets unable to play here, that´s what we must expect not to happen...

adamkp83

Wanderer

Ryan announced a revert, yay. I hope it's to the attack before thanksgiving. Anyhow, just want to say I love you all, I do, really. Time to do laundry and shop for groceries so I can feed myself... Taco night + football you are all welcomed if in the Las Vegas area! ;-)

-Ody

-/-\-

hugh jass

Wanderer

odesius said:
Ryan announced a revert, yay. I hope it's to the attack before thanksgiving. Anyhow, just want to say I love you all, I do, really. Time to do laundry and shop for groceries so I can feed myself... Taco night + football you are all welcomed if in the Las Vegas area! ;-)

-Ody

-/-\-
tacos in vegas sounds great!

evilkillers

Wanderer

Wolfsbaine said:
This is a comment being said out of ignorance and hoping for enlightenment but....They hackers/retards have to know what ISP(ev1) we are with to actully know who to ddos dont they? is there a way they can find out publically which server you guys are with? if not and if its even remotely possible you guys change ISP'S and keep the knowledge private - they wouldnt know who to attack? if its public and they can find out we r just screwed but just a thought - hope it helps (i understand moving the entire server/websites and everything is a huge pain in the ass but...so are ddos i imagine u guys are gettin a bit of stress from it all :<)

not to be an ass but it is realy ez to get that info.. they have to give the ip address out and from there it a cake walk :)