UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Another dark day....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another dark day....

TayM'real said:
What are you talking about! They're about to begin erecting a full monument to replace the trade towers, not to mention monuments in PA and the Pentagon. We're not going to place monuments in other countries to commemorate their attacks of their own citizens on their own people.
I never explicitly said we should place monuments. Where did this come from?

You are completely outside of this discussion Prodigy. The US Embassy bombings were done by locals in those countries (Iraq and Africa). We don't have US Embassies in the US. We don't bomb other coutries embassies here in the US. You are a complete moron who has no idea what you are talking about.

You were going good up until here. You completely missed my comparison. You said it was all "black on black crime" up until here. I'm saying unless you are saying the Embassys were blown up by Americans on American soil, you are wrong.

The Embassys in Africa were bombed by al-Quaeda. Foreign nationals spreading their conflict abroad, the same thing that is happening here.

The insurgency in Iraq, and subsequent bombings, are not done by Iraqi's. They are done by foreign nationals such as Saudi Arabians, Iranians, UAE and Egyptians. Almost every middle eastern muslim country has had some play in the insurgency in Iraq. They have also spread outside middle eastern countries, such as the Madrid, Spain bombings. These Terrorist attacks on people's home soils have been happening for generations, except now it is easier with advancing technology. OMG it hit Britain?!

The subject is taking middle-eastern conflict and spreading it over the world to attack other nations...quit jumping off on different subjects.

Middle-Eastern conflicts have been spreading and attacking other nations for years. I used many examples, and you said you only wanted middle eastern ones. I gave you middle eastern examples (Embassies, USS Cole, Spain) and now you say I'm jumping around. Learn some comprehension.

See, you're jaded...grow the **** up and learn about what's going on in the world. Your lack of knowledge on this subject is pissing me off and I am glad Ryan banned you. The military should've taught you something about conflicts abroad.

My "lack of knowledge" ? Perhaps you should learn some reading comprehension, so I don't have to go back and clear things up for you. I'm sorry you are getting pissed off, and it's good to know your personal feelings are affecting your judgement. It still stands I made one comment, and with no previous warning, was banned.

Tay M'real

Sorceror

Prodigy said:
I never explicitly said we should place monuments. Where did this come from?

Excuse me...memorials...memorials were done for each are that had been affected by the attacks.

Prodigy said:
You were going good up until here. You completely missed my comparison. You said it was all "black on black crime" up until here. I'm saying unless you are saying the Embassys were blown up by Americans on American soil, you are wrong.

The quotes were directed at the core nationalities of who were doing the suicide bombings in the middle east prior to the War in Iraq. The core beliefs as Muslims in these areas are the same with the difference resting on the value of human life and the resort to violence (terroristic tactics) as a means of control.

Prodigy said:
The Embassys in Africa were bombed by al-Quaeda. Foreign nationals spreading their conflict abroad, the same thing that is happening here.

The insurgency in Iraq, and subsequent bombings, are not done by Iraqi's. They are done by foreign nationals such as Saudi Arabians, Iranians, UAE and Egyptians. Almost every middle eastern muslim country has had some play in the insurgency in Iraq.
Prodigy said:
Yes you are correct, please post quote where I said Iraq's were the only people's involved in the current conflict.

Prodigy said:
They have also spread outside middle eastern countries, such as the Madrid, Spain bombings.

This was allready the basis of my argument if you would go back and reread when I mentioned the following:

TayM'real said:
In regards to the importance, it's the manner of which of which it was done, along with who claimed responsibility and for what reason

These Terrorist attacks on people's home soils have been happening for generations, except now it is easier with advancing technology. OMG it hit Britain?!

Prodigy said:
I used many examples, and you said you only wanted middle eastern ones. I gave you middle eastern examples (Embassies, USS Cole, Spain) and now you say I'm jumping around. Learn some comprehension.

Again you are wrong, the discussion was taking internal middle eastern conflict outside of the region and going abroad. You didn't bring the USS Cole or Spain in the picture until your last retort. Please pay attention to your own postings and your own advice.

Prodigy said:
My "lack of knowledge" ? Perhaps you should learn some reading comprehension, so I don't have to go back and clear things up for you. I'm sorry you are getting pissed off, and it's good to know your personal feelings are affecting your judgement. It still stands I made one comment, and with no previous warning, was banned.

I have a Bachelor Of Science degree in Computer Information Systems and provide Oracle IT Support to one of the world's leading business solutions firms....I think I can comprehend just fine. Your lack of respect for other nations and your ability to wikipedia information simply shows your lack of understanding and need to quickly read up on subjects.

TayM'real said:
Excuse me...memorials...memorials were done for each are that had been affected by the attacks.

The quotes were directed at the core nationalities of who were doing the suicide bombings in the middle east prior to the War in Iraq. The core beliefs as Muslims in these areas are the same with the difference resting on the value of human life and the resort to violence (terroristic tactics) as a means of control.

Prodigy said:

The insurgency in Iraq, and subsequent bombings, are not done by Iraqi's. They are done by foreign nationals such as Saudi Arabians, Iranians, UAE and Egyptians. Almost every middle eastern muslim country has had some play in the insurgency in Iraq.
Prodigy said:
Yes you are correct, please post quote where I said Iraq's were the only people's involved in the current conflict.

This was allready the basis of my argument if you would go back and reread when I mentioned the following:

I'm saying this is nothing new, and deaths are deaths. Unfortunate as how they are, I value someones death in the same light if they were killed by a drunk driver on American soil, or were killed via a terrorist explosion.

Again you are wrong, the discussion was taking internal middle eastern conflict outside of the region and going abroad. You didn't bring the USS Cole or Spain in the picture until your last retort. Please pay attention to your own postings and your own advice.

I brought them up there for further examples. edit: I just realized I meant to, but never brought those up. My apologies.

I have a Bachelor Of Science degree in Computer Information Systems and provide Oracle IT Support to one of the world's leading business solutions firms....I think I can comprehend just fine. Your lack of respect for other nations and your ability to wikipedia information simply shows your lack of understanding and need to quickly read up on subjects.

At school, Computer/Management Information Systems is for people who can't cut it in Computer Science. 40 deaths is 40 deaths. Since it is a globally affected event, the United States can help. But in the end, it is 40 deaths. When you start presenting more complicated arguements then "omg middle east attacked outside middle east", I'll delve into more researched sites then Wikipedia.

This has slid a long way from 40 non consensual deaths is 40 non consensual deaths. I think we should bring it back to that.

Sad that this happened, thoughts and prayers go out to the brits.

Too bad we didn't keep 100% effort in Afghanistan when we had most of al-qaeda surrounded...I'm sure Iraq was so much more of a threat tho so it's completely justified :p

Teh Money Shot said:
I dont know, im not trying to force my opinion onto anyone.. Im so paranoid to even think that the US might of bombed their own trade center to provoke the war onto the american people to support it.. Thus the whole thing with osama bin laden started ( which we still havent found yet) and why when the trade center happen were the osama family allowed safe passage out of the US? Im just staing facts that im associating. Dont think Im a **** from my political views.. ITs just how i feel

LMAO at conspiricy theory boy.

*shakes head and laughs again*

Too many movies or TV for you...

My heart goes out to those in the UK affected by this, as well as the girl kidnapped and her family killed in northern idaho. As well as the family of anyone else i hear of that dies. I had my brother who was my best friend die when I was 17. I know the pain and the loss. The point I'm making refers to all the debate in this thread. Yes people die all over for different reasons, and it is possible to equally value the deaths of others not covered by the media without disrespecting those involved in the issue at hand.

God bless any of you that have been hit close to home with this tragedy in the UK.

R

Ryan

Prodigy said:
And banned for apathy. What do I know about terrorists, or our friends being blown up, I'm only in the military.

So am I. This isnt about being in the Military. I'm in the Military, I'm a combat vet, and I was in the unit that sent the first 128 Marines that died home from the war. I've seen death. I know death, I deal with death.

Prodigy said:
40 people in the UK died today. Unfortunate yes, but does that make them any more newsworthy then 40 people murdered here in the US?

The UK was one of the first countries to stand behind the US after 9-11. They were attacked today while riding home on the subway. 37 people were killed, and nearly a thousand were injurerd. Yes, the UK deserves a bit of our sympathy. If you dont want to give sympathy you dont have to however you are in MY HOUSE, and when I repeatedly told the players of this shard to NOT act a fool at the memorial you insisted on doing it, not once but twice and then run off the screen because you knew your actions were improper for the setting. This is a game however its a game where you interact with REAL people who have REAL feelings. Unfortunately for YOU, you pissed off Ryan the person, not Ryan the admin.

Prodigy said:
How the 100s of people who have died with German terrorists? Over 300 people dying in the Embasy bombings. Or do we only feel bad because England is our political allies. What if the media didn't cover this? Would you still feel the same way? Think about it.

If the media didnt cover this yes, I would still feel the same way. I feel badly for anyone that is killed unjustly, especially countries that back up the one I live in and defend.

Prodigy said:
I said my comment and ran off screen, thanks for banning me for this truly meaningful and forced upon us, sad event.

You proved your guilt by running, and no one forced you're stupid *** to be there. You got what you deserved.

Teh Money Shot said:
When the US asked for UK troops they declined to give us their support in Iraq... If you'd like me to get facts to prove myself, or if u want to look them up yourself be my guest.

You have to understand that Britian has around 300,000 troops at its disposal, of which 120,00 have been deployed to Iraq.
You have to understand that this is over 1/3 of our Army and is a massive military commitment for such a small army.

jblue21

Wanderer

I think almost everyone feels for the Brits right now. It's tough when your country gets attacked just because you stand for something that facists don't believe in. They are so scared that they are going to lose the ability to force people to believe what they believe, and I think they are desperately trying to cling to the idea we can be persuaded. But no one is going to go for it. No one wants to live that way. The only people who do, are the ones who grew up with it and don't know anything better. I don't care who ya are, no country has it coming. No one deserves to have that happen to them. So from the bottom of my heart, from a country with our own terrorist battle scars, I send my hopes and prayers out to the Brits. I also pray for anyone who is stuck in Afganistan, Iraq, or anywhere else in the world where they can't live good and free like I do here in Texas, USA. May God have mercy on those willing to change, and may the devil have a place in hell for the ones who won't.

God Bless us all...

Ryan said:
The UK was one of the first countries to stand behind the US after 9-11. They were attacked today while riding home on the subway. 37 people were killed, and nearly a thousand were injurerd. Yes, the UK deserves a bit of our sympathy. If you dont want to give sympathy you dont have to however you are in MY HOUSE, and when I repeatedly told the players of this shard to NOT act a fool at the memorial you insisted on doing it, not once but twice and then run off the screen because you knew your actions were improper for the setting. This is a game however its a game where you interact with REAL people who have REAL feelings. Unfortunately for YOU, you pissed off Ryan the person, not Ryan the admin.

First off, I wasn't there when any warning was given. I ran up, saw it, said my comment, and ran off. It wasn't because I knew it was "wrong," it was because I had other things to do. Would you expect me to think this was dumb, then stick around for it?

If the media didnt cover this yes, I would still feel the same way. I feel badly for anyone that is killed unjustly, especially countries that back up the one I live in and defend.

I feel bad for them too. But 37 people are killed nonconsensually here in the United States and in Britain every day. If the perpetrator is a foreign national, that happens regularly too. Why do these specific 37 deaths deserve more then others?

You proved your guilt by running, and no one forced you're stupid *** to be there. You got what you deserved.

I ran up, saw it, made my comment, and carried on my business. Your idea of me running away because I knew something was wrong is false. I ran away because I had other things to do, not that I was trying to escape. I think maybe a week long squelch or something, but a ban? For something I didn't get a warning for, and was off on my marry way in less 10 seconds is a little excessive, from anyones point of view. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else initially?

Que Cee

Sorceror

What a drag.... these bombings disgust me, then the cocky al Queda vids afterwords :(

Hang tight guys.

jdrakeii87

Wanderer

Maybe now the British will think twice before opposing Tony Blair and *****ing about anti-war.

Lorthic

Knight
Well spoken, and my prayers go out to all of those killed, injured, their families, and everyone else who was effected by it.

Lorthic

Knight

The real keith said:
I'm not much of a believer in god so praying is out, but for any UK that are going through this i'm sorry for your losses and struggles and let us all hope you get through this.

It's not necessary to believe in god to pray, Keith. Prayers are wishes and hopes moreso than begging for help.

Lorthic

Knight

Prodigy said:
Yes, we should kill all the terrorists. That will give them a sense of democracy, and stop further generations from hating us.

Because death plus death equals life, after all.

For those of you that believe eliminating "terrorists" is the key to stopping what happens every day, you are wrong. Yes, the unspeakably atrocious acts that they commit are disgusting and vile, yet they do it not only because it's what they want to do, but they were raised that way. Most terrorists were raised to be hateful, to lust for the death of those they believe sacriligious.

Killing more does not solve the terror, it only increases it. While I do not condone and am completely against what has happened and will continue to happen, there must be another way. Death is not the answer, obviously, as we have killed thousands of them, believing that we are doing the right thing, and they continue to lash out towards not only the US, but also the UK, and everyone they believe that stand against what they believe in.

The same goes for our religions, whether it's Christianity, Catholicism, or what have you. We have our beliefs, and they have theirs. A Christian man has killed a Catholic man simply because of the fact that they don't share the same beliefs, that they are blasphemous and unworthy of living upon the earth that their god had created. While I do not support these maniacal bastards, you must understand that they see things as we do. We bring them terror, and so they bring it back to us. Do you not understand that we all have different minds? Do you not understand that maybe they believe we are the ones that are attempting to destroy all of them and what they believe in?

No, I do not support what has happened in the past, what has happened today, and I certainly will not support what will happen in the future.

Death does not solve death.

Lorthic

Knight

Prodigy said:
I can't tell if you are aware or not, but my post was sarcasm.

You are not only pathetic, but ignorant to boot. If you're going to take the time to be sarcastic when we're attempting to have a serious discussion involving innocent lives taken, then you need to not only be banned from UOGamers and the forums... you need to be banned from your own mind. Log the **** off life.

Lord Bjorn

Wanderer

You're right, but I still feel that the genocide commited by the "coalition of the willing" was done only for oil and the accomplishment of a conservative, Republican government's agenda. However, ignoring the corrupt government and their lies to the American people, one thing still remains, the fact that you're right and that "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." However, you seem to condemn Islamic fundementalists, too much. Historically, Islam has been the most civil and accepting of all the "opiate(s) of the masses." They accepted Christians and Jews, beleiving that they worshipped the same God, if they were a bit misguided. However, the perversion that today flies the flag of Islamic fundementalism is not that at all.

Slightly related, but seems to me another topic: Another thing I thought was interesting: Are we not the Sith republic empire stomping out the Rebels? Who's fighting for good? Are we not the invading force? Are we not comparable to Germany and France's underground resistance? Was not President Bush's "Shock and Awe" campaign comparable to ******'s Blitzkreig? Are we to blame the "terrorists" for starting a war, and expect any more of them when wars have been fought for thousands of years?

Lord Bjorn

Wanderer

I don't want my last post to be misunderstood as sympathy for murderers and disrespect for those who have passed away. I mourn all loss of life, and I give kudos to UOGamers, in it's entirety, for setting up a memorial.

I just felt compelled to share those thoughts and the different perspectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.