UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Another dark day....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another dark day....

And banned for apathy. What do I know about terrorists, or our friends being blown up, I'm only in the military.

40 people in the UK died today. Unfortunate yes, but does that make them any more newsworthy then 40 people murdered here in the US? How the 100s of people who have died with German terrorists? Over 300 people dying in the Embasy bombings. Or do we only feel bad because England is our political allies. What if the media didn't cover this? Would you still feel the same way? Think about it.

I said my comment and ran off screen, thanks for banning me for this truly meaningful and forced upon us, sad event.

kottonmouth_02 said:
as a famous quote by the marine corps

terrorists
kill em all...let God sort out the innocent

fvck the terrorists...it's not our fault theyre pussies and can't defend their own country. And as for Jihad...Fvck that.

I pray for all you brits in your time of mourning...Your our friends, our allies and probably always will be...today is indeed a ****ty day.

but bounce back and fight it...your country is just as strong as ours. Not to mention your currency tops ours by far. Bounce back :)

Yes, we should kill all the terrorists. That will give them a sense of democracy, and stop further generations from hating us.

Hang in there guys, times like this is when people need to come together...

Stay safe and remember to help eachother...

Yep. Always takes deaths. You know what would be cool? If it didn't take people dying...

Tay M'real

Sorceror

Prodigy said:
I said my comment and ran off screen, thanks for banning me for this truly meaningful and forced upon us, sad event.

I would assume you were banned for making an inconsiderate comment considering we have a very diverse playerbase; many of whom play from Britain.

In regards to the importance, it's the manner of which of which it was done, along with who claimed responsibility and for what reason. This does not make light of actions taken by the I.R.A or any other terrorist action arround the world. It's the facts around it.

Do some reading on the subject before commenting...

Prodigy said:
And banned for apathy. What do I know about terrorists, or our friends being blown up, I'm only in the military.

Does that make you an expert on the after effects of events like this? No, neither does the fact that I've lived for the past 27 years in or around a city that has recheived sustained terrorist attacks during this time. Tell you what, would you be so keen to justify me running round WBB shouting out badly timed opinions if one of your squad were killed in Iraq? I think not, I know people who could have been killed in this attack (one of whom had to sit in her office block directly over the road from Aldgate station as the rescue services pulled out the dead and the injured) so making stupid *** spams or even singular comments I find offensive.

40 people in the UK died today. Unfortunate yes, but does that make them any more newsworthy then 40 people murdered here in the US? How the 100s of people who have died with German terrorists? Over 300 people dying in the Embasy bombings. Or do we only feel bad because England is our political allies. What if the media didn't cover this? Would you still feel the same way? Think about it.

And you're right, the loss of any life is no greater a tragedy than any other, but this, like a couple of the others you mentioned, is a gloabally effecting event, as much an outrage for the reasoning behind the action as the after effects of it. Surely you must have realised that feelings would be running high so perhaps your best course of action would have been to keep your opinions to yourself untill at least the dust had settled.

TayM'real said:
I would assume you were banned for making an inconsiderate comment considering we have a very diverse playerbase; many of whom play from Britain.

In regards to the importance, it's the manner of which of which it was done, along with who claimed responsibility and for what reason. This does not make light of actions taken by the I.R.A or any other terrorist action arround the world. It's the facts around it.

Do some reading on the subject before commenting...

Things like this happen all over the world weekly, and have for the +20 years. We have players in Israel, how about each time something happens there? Even then, how is this attack different then an IRA Terrorist attack? Perhaps you could recommend some reading on this subject for me?

Does that make you an expert on the after effects of events like this? No, neither does the fact that I've lived for the past 27 years in or around a city that has recheived sustained terrorist attacks during this time. Tell you what, would you be so keen to justify me running round WBB shouting out badly timed opinions if one of your squad were killed in Iraq? I think not, I know people who could have been killed in this attack (one of whom had to sit in her office block directly over the road from Aldgate station as the rescue services pulled out the dead and the injured) so making stupid *** spams or even singular comments I find offensive.

I dont think I ever claimed to be an expert. I wouldn't like you for saying that, but its your freedom in this country that allows you to do it. I certainly wouldn't of taken action against you. Also, it wasn't "spams", it was a single comment, and then I left.

And you're right, the loss of any life is no greater a tragedy than any other, but this, like a couple of the others you mentioned, is a gloabally effecting event, as much an outrage for the reasoning behind the action as the after effects of it. Surely you must have realised that feelings would be running high so perhaps your best course of action would have been to keep your opinions to yourself untill at least the dust had settled.

Maybe. However, we are all entitled to free speech. And it wasn't opinions, it wasn't flaming. It was a single comment, then I ran off. Ryan pulled me back, didn't say a word, and banned me. And we all know, the squelching command isn't available to Ryan right?

K

kottonmouth_02

prodigy...the thing is...its a memorial. You shouldn't say anything that ANYONE might find offensive in ANY manner around something like this...especially several hours after it happened. It's just not smart on your part.

And btw...yes people are always going to hate us, but it's better to flush out those that will kill us rather than feed their hungry and practice on their wounded/ill only for them to return us with a bomb in our asses.

Tay M'real

Sorceror

Prodigy said:
Things like this happen all over the world weekly, and have for the +20 years. We have players in Israel, how about each time something happens there? Even then, how is this attack different then an IRA Terrorist attack? Perhaps you could recommend some reading on this subject for me?

I dont think I ever claimed to be an expert. I wouldn't like you for saying that, but its your freedom in this country that allows you to do it. I certainly wouldn't of taken action against you. Also, it wasn't "spams", it was a single comment, and then I left.

Maybe. However, we are all entitled to free speech. And it wasn't opinions, it wasn't flaming. It was a single comment, then I ran off. Ryan pulled me back, didn't say a word, and banned me. And we all know, the squelching command isn't available to Ryan right?

Why did you run off if it was free speech?

We hear everyday about the happenings in the middle east that include Palastine, Israel, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan...this has been happening long before the Iraq war began. Secondly, the news is generally related to religious diversion and a history of conflict between beliefs and it's generally same-population attacks; not mass bombings against another country and another culture on their soil.

As far as the I.R.A is concerned, it was a rebellion against British occupation and governence that teeters on being revolutionary/terroristic....

http://www.mideastweb.org/history.htm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161775,00.html

For someone in the military you sure are jaded...

kottonmouth_02 said:
prodigy...the thing is...its a memorial. You shouldn't say anything that ANYONE might find offensive in ANY manner around something like this...especially several hours after it happened. It's just not smart on your part.

And btw...yes people are always going to hate us, but it's better to flush out those that will kill us rather than feed their hungry and practice on their wounded/ill only for them to return us with a bomb in our asses.

We have memorials. People call us baby killers at them. At one point, we had a woman who wouldn't leave us alone, and we had to get the cops. If someone said one comment "this is the same as 40 people dying in a car accident" and continued walking, I'd think he made a pretty good point. These are my friends, but only to me. Others shouldn't have to or be forced to hold them in the same light.

Why did you run off if it was free speech?

We hear everyday about the happenings in the middle east that include Palastine, Israel, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan...this has been happening long before the Iraq war began. Secondly, the news is generally related to religious diversion and a history of conflict between beliefs and it's generally same-population attacks; not mass bombings against another country and another culture on their soil.

http://www.mideastweb.org/history.htm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161775,00.html

How is this not another country on another culture's soil? Why do you think they attack us? We have the same culture as them? We're in the same country? Everything you just posted applies here. Difference is we're not right next door. So?

For someone in the military you sure are jaded...

Funny, my FTO told me the same thing.

Ryan may ban me if he wishes, he could power trip all he wants. I just disagree with his punishment, and the way it was carried out. He could have easily squelched me and accomplished the same thing. Remove me from the area? But, what makes a good governing body is the use of minimal force. Same reason police don't shoot everyone, we don't nuke Iraq, and you don't (shouldn't) ban over a miniscule obviously insignificant comment.

I love D&D discussions, so by all means, continue ;)

UK Declines to help the US in their pointless War, and now this... I hope for our sake this wasnt one of Bush's schemes. I've had enough of the controversy surrounding the US, in a stupid war.. In my opinion I support our troops but i do not support their cause.. My deepest sympathy goes out to anyone that was hurt or involved in this terrible attack. (im also sorry for attacking that red that was at the shrine.. i woke up late and i was clueless on what was going on.)

Tay M'real

Sorceror

Teh Money Shot said:
UK Declines to help the US in their pointless War

WTF are you talking about? The UK are our biggest supporters....and it's not a pointless war, it's a war againsts global terrorism...these people have struck abroad on more than one occassion.

Teh Money Shot said:
UK Declines to help the US in their pointless War

What? The UK is one of our biggest allies.
(im also sorry for attacking that red that was at the shrine..

Why should you feel sorry? It was in the middle of Brit. They could have put it at Del Pond or made that specific area of Brit a safe area. Don't be sorry.

When the US asked for UK troops they declined to give us their support in Iraq... If you'd like me to get facts to prove myself, or if u want to look them up yourself be my guest.

Tay M'real

Sorceror

Prodigy said:
We have memorials. People call us baby killers at them. At one point, we had a woman who wouldn't leave us alone, and we had to get the cops. If someone said one comment "this is the same as 40 people dying in a car accident" and continued walking, I'd think he made a pretty good point. These are my friends, but only to me. Others shouldn't have to or be forced to hold them in the same light.

How is this not another country on another culture's soil? Why do you think they attack us? We have the same culture as them? We're in the same country? Everything you just posted applies here. Difference is we're not right next door. So?

What are you talking about? Do you understand the Israel/Palestinian conflict? Please read up...it's the same soil for both. As far the other nations go, the bombings are on the same soil from people with very similar cultural backgrounds; just slightly different religious beliefs. It's similar to the american phrase 'black on black crime'. These people are brothers from the same region and fight eachother. Terrorism is the use of terror as a tool to control and manipulate a population. What they've done is taken it from their own region and put it in the heart of another. They took their conflict and put it in London, they took their conflict and put it in New York, PA, Maryland, Kuwait, Afghanistan etc...What they've done is attacked another nation....

Teh Money Shot said:
When the US asked for UK troops they declined to give us their support in Iraq... If you'd like me to get facts to prove myself, or if u want to look them up yourself be my guest.

I don't understand. The UK is the second highest supplier of troops right behind the US in Iraq.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-invasion_Iraq,_2003-2005#Participating_nations

Well over 80% of the forces occupying Iraq are American. As of 15 January 2005, there were an estimated 153,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, not counting Special Forces. [11] The next largest contingent is that of the United Kingdom, with just under 9,000 [12]. There are also approximately 20,000 private security contractors of different nationalities under various employers.

TayM'real said:
What are you talking about? Do you understand the Israel/Palestinian conflict? Please read up...it's the same soil for both. As far the other nations go, the bombings are on the same soil from people with very similar cultural backgrounds; just slightly different religious beliefs. It's similar to the american phrase 'black on black crime'. These people are brothers from the same region and fight eachother. Terrorism is the use of terror as a tool to control and manipulate a population. What they've done is taken it from their own region and put it in the heart of another.

The Israel/Palastine is one specific conflict. Are you trying to say the US Embassy bombings were done by Americans who don't associate themselves with America on American soil?

They took their conflict and put it in London, they took their conflict and put it in New York, PA, Maryland, Kuwait, Afghanistan etc...What they've done is attacked another nation....

My point exactly. Wheres the press coverage and memorials for people who died in those attacks? And are those deaths any more tragic then someone who was murdered abroad? Or murdered on home soil by a non citizen?

I dont know, im not trying to force my opinion onto anyone.. Im so paranoid to even think that the US might of bombed their own trade center to provoke the war onto the american people to support it.. Thus the whole thing with osama bin laden started ( which we still havent found yet) and why when the trade center happen were the osama family allowed safe passage out of the US? Im just staing facts that im associating. Dont think Im a **** from my political views.. ITs just how i feel

Adian

Wanderer

Just woke up (3:00 PM -- Was knocked out with medicine) and read this sad news. Damn these terrorist. My prayers go out to our UK neighbors.

Tay M'real

Sorceror

Prodigy said:
The Israel/Palastine is one specific conflict. Are you trying to say the US Embassy bombings were done by Americans who don't associate themselves with America?

My point exactly. Wheres the press coverage and memorials for people who died in those attacks? And are those deaths any more tragic then someone who was murdered abroad? Or murdered on home soil by a non citizen?

What are you talking about! They're about to begin erecting a full monument to replace the trade towers, not to mention monuments in PA and the Pentagon. We're not going to place monuments in other countries to commemorate their attacks of their own citizens on their own people.

You are completely outside of this discussion Prodigy. The US Embassy bombings were done by locals in those countries (Iraq and Africa). We don't have US Embassies in the US. We don't bomb other coutries embassies here in the US. You are a complete moron who has no idea what you are talking about.

The subject is taking middle-eastern conflict and spreading it over the world to attack other nations...quit jumping off on different subjects. See, you're jaded...grow the **** up and learn about what's going on in the world. Your lack of knowledge on this subject is pissing me off and I am glad Ryan banned you. The military should've taught you something about conflicts abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.