UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

An Auction In UO

Re: An Auction In UO

I'm aware people would leave mid-bidding, can't help that. Getting organized will be rather easy, as I will just start auctioning stuff off.

Zoid, your friend just sucks at auctioning stuff off ;) .

Sigler

Sorceror

ShneakySquirrel said:
I'm aware people would leave mid-bidding, can't help that. Getting organized will be rather easy, as I will just start auctioning stuff off.

Zoid, your friend just sucks at auctioning stuff off ;) .

Gonna have to agree.. Also he should have asked you whats the mid bid is for each item. I coulda been pissed too if I gave someone an item worth 1mil and they started it off at 100k or somethin.. Lake Austin auctions had it set so you give min bid.. If it doesn't sell then you get your item back. To crys in your eyes. 8)

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

like I said, i've seen this tried multiple times over the past 2 years, all with forum/guild co-ordination, and each time it fails after one or two auctions.

In addition to players falling through, there aren't enough unique high-demand items so have a serious auction. When I say unique, I mean that you can't auction off 5 hybrid rocks masks in a row as seperate auctions.

but GL. If you actually get it together I'll probably attend.

Hmmmm.. i was in a auction guild on atlantic before i came to uogamerz i think he can make it work their fun

Dr Zoidberg

Wanderer

Vaginal Juice said:
Hmmmm.. i was in a auction guild on atlantic before i came to uogamerz i think he can make it work their fun

But he can never have a few hours auction where about 30 people participate equal an auction running for 3 days on the selling forums that so many more people read.

I mean, its illogical to try to have an ingame auction (for other than social purposes ofc) when a seller already have that much exposure and control of his itam on the selling boards.

Go_Ask_Alice

Sorceror

Lalah said:
It cold be even sweeter if Ryan and other responsible persons would take hand about this - it would need abit of reprogramming on the server etc but it would be hell of a sweet.
Idea is:
GM made Auction house with NPC vendors you got to him and put your items on him put a Buy out price and bid price - when a auction is finished either by buy out or high bidder the item will take place in your bankbox.
All who are inside the area of this house woud either be invulnerable/inside guards protection.

Go play WoW or something.

atraz

Wanderer

Great idea!
2 things though:
1) would be be using the GM's to send out event notices?
2) if i was you i would copy an OSI system like EA (europa auctions)

You aim me ill get this biotch running with you and do it like we did on osi we did it in 18x18 we had vendors and we had chests full of peoples items with books telling who it was from and how much they want atleast for it ect.. and we had chars for those who came and a bar so no one could get to the items when we layed on table to display them to everyone that came

Go_Ask_Alice

Sorceror

Vaginal Juice said:
You aim me ill get this biotch running with you and do it like we did on osi we did it in 18x18 we had vendors and we had chests full of peoples items with books telling who it was from and how much they want atleast for it ect.. and we had chars for those who came and a bar so no one could get to the items when we layed on table to display them to everyone that came

no body wants to do it. its a stupid idea and ill even help raid it.

a loller

Wanderer

Osmo said:
no body wants to do it. its a stupid idea and ill even help raid it.

I'm not gonna say no one wants to do it, even tho I think it's an idea that wouldnt help with out soem dev work, I would definatley help raid that shit.

madog46

Sorceror

Well im sorry but im sure this wouldnt work. If you got anything it wouldnt be worth anything. Not many people on here would trust anyone with their objects. But that is just the way it is. You might be able to pull it off if you could get a GM to help you. Im sure you would have to pay for the GM.

atraz

Wanderer

well i am up for helping to run it! if you can get GM's involved though i would be more inclined. ICQ me at 233-690-200.

Go_Ask_Alice

Sorceror

ShneakySquirrel said:
Awesome. And the person who said he would help raid it, good luck, I'm going to be making it so you won't be able to raid it.

phear.

and having a gm protect it would be stupid. it shouldnt be in a no kill zone. just bring a chair to brit abnk and try to do it there if u really want too. ktnx

atraz

Wanderer

Well if you can ICQ me on the above address we can discuss the part you would wish to to play.

Go_Ask_Alice

Sorceror

Atraz said:
Well if you can ICQ me on the above address we can discuss the part you would wish to to play.

what to stop asshoels from comign just to win the auctioned item and never buy the item, ruining the whole day.

atraz

Wanderer

a few suggestions..
No reads allowed inside building at all
Bouncer at the locked doors
Somone stood waiting to ban anyone
maybe make a script to auto ban any attacking?

also can you kill people in houses in the lost lands?

atraz

Wanderer

Osmo said:
what to stop asshoels from comign just to win the auctioned item and never buy the item, ruining the whole day.
Place the item on a vendor for the price that it was brought for... if somone runs away then allow it to be brought by someone else.

Go_Ask_Alice

Sorceror

Atraz said:
Place the item on a vendor for the price that it was brought for... if somone runs away then allow it to be brought by someone else.

thats just stupid, because all you have to do is have a theif in there with positive kharma and no one would know, hide stealth walk over when he buys it steal it and jet son.