UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

An Auction In UO

An Auction In UO

Okay, I was thinking about doing this, and people said they would do this if I could get it setup :) .

I will setting this auction up myself, but if I could get some GM help, that would be AWESOME.

Pretty much, you are going to need to trust me ALOT, as you would be giving me posession of the items you want to sell. I will be doing it at a large house, all setup with chair and whatnot, going as a regular auction would go. I will be auctioning off houses, rare items, bulk supplies (regs, potions, boards, etc). And pretty much anything you guys can think of.

You are probably thinking: Why would I want to do this? We have a forum to do that, and I don't have to trust you with my items and worry about you stealing it at all.
Well, the answer is simple. You would be saving LOTS of time, and you will be getting MUCH higher bids, since this is a live auction. We all know only a small fraction of the members of UOG actually come to this site on a regular basis.

Here is how it will work: It will be an open auction, but once it starts, there will be NO ONE allowed back inside the building. You would have to give me the items, and I will auction it off. When the auction (for all the items) are all completed I would then trade the items to the bidders, and take a small percentage of the item. Since the item will be sold for MUCH higher than it's normal value, this should be a problem at all.

During the auction, I will say who is selling the item, and stuff like that. If it's a house, this is going to be trust on the OTHER persons end, as I would hope they will give me a small % for taking the time to auction it off. I have seen this done on OSI, and it was done quite a few times, so I wanted to bring this to Hybrid (as I have NEVER seen it done).

If you are GM, I'm sure you could see why it would help to have GM's at the auction, for security porposes and whatnot.

If you are interested in this, and you might want to auction something off, AIM me at ShneakySquirrel.

Sigler

Sorceror
Re: An Auction In UO

I'v explained why this wouldn't work already... Since its been done.. Explain why it doesn't work

I've discussed with Siglers WHY I could make it work, and he's told me that gankers would come in and just raid the place. I would put all the items in a locked chest that only I could access (or atleast I'd be ONE of the only people to access it), and take them out one at a time. If a raid does occur (which it shouldn't be able to with the precautions I've got setup), and we all died, we could simply get rezzed, and continue from there :) .

Auctions were a big trammie event on chessy. They seemed to go over well.
but the only way i see them working here is in a trammy zone.

I think it would be easier to have a silent auction... just have people write their offers in books and throw them into a box or something...

All bidders are ghosts, and same with auctioneer etc...

Let the gankers come, you can just stand and talk...lol

selo

Wanderer

Run 3 clients. Ghost auctioner. A guy who locks down items
and another guy hidden who reses.

Flipper

Knight

have a character alive

or you could just do it in a house, with friended people who are "bouncers" for gankers

So, are there any people who would be willing to try this out? Like, any items they would want to attempt to do this with? Because, I think the ghost idea would work the best, but I think it would be better if we just kept everyone alive ;) .

Danowar

Wanderer

even though I really hated FFXI, if there was any way its auction house system could be established here, it would be awesome.

Lalah

Wanderer

It cold be even sweeter if Ryan and other responsible persons would take hand about this - it would need abit of reprogramming on the server etc but it would be hell of a sweet.
Idea is:
GM made Auction house with NPC vendors you got to him and put your items on him put a Buy out price and bid price - when a auction is finished either by buy out or high bidder the item will take place in your bankbox.
All who are inside the area of this house woud either be invulnerable/inside guards protection.

Sigler

Sorceror

Have GM setup a house in green arces (where the events are) No stealing or killing there :)

Dr Zoidberg

Wanderer

personally i dont trust auctions

last time i auctioned anything, was when a friend wanted to do an auction and i handed tons of valuable itam over to him, worth somewhere around 6-7 mill and i ended out with about 800k or so.

No, you will NOT get better prices on your goods.

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

it.doesnt.work.

people dont show up on time, people leave mid-bidding, and it takes too long to get organized.

I know it sounds like a fun idea, but it not feasible on this shard.