UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

30 July 2014 - Shard News Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimpCent

Knight
So what's the problem? You don't seem to understand that by adding instahit/swing will not do anything to positively affect tank mages, they will still get owned. However, alchy stuns actually do and can benefit from the addition of instahit/swing.

If you truely want your tank mage balanced, you'll have to chance much much more than just instahit/swing, and there is simply no reason to do that for this server thats been this way for 11 years. This is hybrid, and I don't think its going to completely rotate pvp rulesets.

1/40 chance isn't a benefit for the risk or reward.

Pls refer to the below post

What will actually happen 9/10 times someone tries your idea...

1. Pulls out axe
2. Gets stunned
3. Gets shit on

So it effects no one basically but the question of if alchy is out of balance isn't really debatable its clear as fuck. You would have to be blind to not notice that a trade skill is the primary damage dealer of the shard regardless of dexxer or mage.

We've established that it isn't 1/40 by actually testing it out.

Chad can make as many assumptions he wants, but fact of the matter is that players will see how effective that strategy will be when all they have to do is play 100% defense until they hit a conc blow and can then just mana fuck somebody.

GimpCent

Knight
We've established that it isn't 1/40 by actually testing it out.

Chad can make as many assumptions he wants, but fact of the matter is that players will see how effective that strategy will be when all they have to do is play 100% defense until they hit a conc blow and can then just mana fuck somebody.

Francis or Ryan or Suzy can all tell you its 25%. I am not wrong the values of such a figure wouldn't of been changed and have been 25% since release on OSI.

What you did was pray. Something good happened to you and you were like welp god must be trust than. The real number is known we dont need to guess. You dont have to jump right to insta swing I said you can reduce the delay until a happy spot is found for both hybrids and archery. It doesn't need to be all these end of the world dramatic crap. You guys take things to extremes.

I'm sure players have aged and now have kids and aren't 16 years old playing all the time.

There's not very many new youngbloods either.

The overall population of this game has gone down.

Hitting and landing conc blows dont run hand n hand. You can miss the swing and still land a conc blow.

Like I said before, simply try it out for yourself and tell me its 1/40.

GimpCent

Knight
Hitting and landing conc blows dont run hand n hand. You can miss the swing and still land a conc blow.

Like I said before, simply try it out for yourself and tell me its 1/40.

Let me get this straight maybe I never noticed it but is what you are saying is I can land a para special hit with fencing by missing a swing?

Yes. It may do like 1 damage, but it's not technically a hit. Just like how you can punch without stunning, and stun without landing a punch.

Shini

Page
Boomshakalaka said:
Yes. It may do like 1 damage, but it's not technically a hit. Just like how you can punch without stunning, and stun without landing a punch.

No ...

Death To You

Sorceror
I think alchys are in a good place, dexxers don't need a buff due to their skill ceiling. It would be nice to have another template to compete with alchys on a skill based level, not sure if instahit is the answer but I always thought it was kinda lame and boring to precast then wait for a lucky hit.

I know it's kinda out there but it could be interesting to add more skills similar to ninjitsu, chivarly, necromancy and bushido. Something to add entire new templates that can compete on skill based levels. It would take a shit ton of effort to implement and balance but would definitely spark a lot of interest.

kolbycrouch

Knight
I think alchys are in a good place, dexxers don't need a buff due to their skill ceiling. It would be nice to have another template to compete with alchys on a skill based level, not sure if instahit is the answer but I always thought it was kinda lame and boring to precast then wait for a lucky hit.

I know it's kinda out there but it could be interesting to add more skills similar to ninjitsu, chivarly, necromancy and bushido. Something to add entire new templates that can compete on skill based levels. It would take a shit ton of effort to implement and balance but would definitely spark a lot of interest.

I agree with you on part of this. One thing I always though of when I think of hybrid is combining all the era's into one, that's only centered around t2a. I know a lot of people will disagree, and it would take a lot of work to get the mechanics right, adding necro/chiv/bushido/ninja would be cool I think. It could make pvm dexxing more viable. Stealth ninja's could be viable, pure necromages could work if things were right. It's a long shot, but it would refresh some things surely. Instantly everyone is kinda newb at all the new stuff, but sticking through it to find what's strong and what they are good at.

I agree with you on part of this. One thing I always though of when I think of hybrid is combining all the era's into one, that's only centered around t2a. I know a lot of people will disagree, and it would take a lot of work to get the mechanics right, adding necro/chiv/bushido/ninja would be cool I think. It could make pvm dexxing more viable. Stealth ninja's could be viable, pure necromages could work if things were right. It's a long shot, but it would refresh some things surely. Instantly everyone is kinda newb at all the new stuff, but sticking through it to find what's strong and what they are good at.

I would never work. All of the necro spells are based on fire resist, or doing cold/poison damage.

Instant swing came with the game. It would revamp the dueling scene and in groups not everyone will be a stun/scribe or stun/alchy.

I just want this server to get healthy again. But if people are so adamant about keeping this server the same as it has been for 11+ years, and letting it die.

Then fuck it. Let it die.

And no horse shit about how people will come back, or winter is coming population will pick up, because they haven't. If they did we would be back at 2k+ population, instead of 400.

It's literally going to die.

I've been hearing 'this server is dead' for 5 years now. Honestly, It's healthier now than I've seen it in a while.

If people would stop reiterating "The shard is dying/dead", then maybe the new players might find their time useful being spent playing here, rather that knowing that it will 'soon be dead'.

Do your part, and shut up.

I've been hearing 'this server is dead' for 5 years now. Honestly, It's healthier now than I've seen it in a while.

If people would stop reiterating "The shard is dying/dead", then maybe the new players might find their time useful being spent playing here, rather that knowing that it will 'soon be dead'.

Do your part, and shut up.

I remember when I was like you.

Then I saw the pop drop to 800.

Then 600.

Then 400.

When I logged in and saw that there was only 240 players on, mid week. I came to understand.

If you want to "Do your part" quit giving meaningless arguments -against- simple PvP changes that would bring players back by the dozen.

I've been here long enough to know how things are going, and where they will go based on server actions.

I debated the removal of Sallos for 4 years, I told everyone PvP would come to a standstill and the server will die.

Did they listen to me then? No. What happened? Sallos went down, PvP died, and population went from 800, to 240.

Two years later the bring Sallos back, server IMMEDIATELY jumps back to 500.

Without PvP'rs you don't have gear/regs/potions moving around.

Those commodities keep the trammies here.

The trammies populate brit bank, and give an impression of activity to new players.

So What it all comes down to is: Keep the PvP'rs happy, and you keep the shard alive.

Keep them bored, and they quit, and the server dies.

Here is some proof for you.
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/541251/

Status
Not open for further replies.