UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

30 July 2014 - Shard News Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think that having a 25% chance to conc blow in an alchy setting with instaswing is going to help things? rofl.

And yes, i understand you are talking tank mage. It's fine, but you still won't be able to compete with instaswing, and it's only going to make alchy stun fights plain stupid.

GimpCent

Knight
So you think that having a 25% chance to conc blow in an alchy setting with instaswing is going to help things? rofl.

And yes, i understand you are talking tank mage. It's fine, but you still won't be able to compete with instaswing, and it's only going to make alchy stun fights plain stupid.

So even with insta swing we won't beat a alchy stun.. Okay then why not let us play the class we want. And since you admitted aboved alchy is indeed overpowered even with insta swing maybe it can be toned down to respectable levels. That sounds like a great start on this thing called balance. You have a merchant skill ATM being the top PvP damage dealer. Basically a bunch of tailors think their badass and dont want competition.

You selling pots?

Its comical

chad2.0

Traveler
Honestly, with a dex pot at 50 agility, you can swing every 3 seconds. Landing a conc blow against another alchy stun is roughly a 10-20% odd, and with two players attempting it, it's only a matter of about 30 seconds before somebody is statistically going to be conc blowed. All the while, you can still toss pots, small spell, and heal efficiently.

It would still come down to playstyle, because effectively you won't stun as often, but with a conc blow the fight is 99% over.

And in my mind, dexxers are weapon wielders. Let's be real, adding magery 4x doesn't magically make him into a mage. No pun intended.

I really wish that you weren't so blindly wanting to debate my argument, and admitting that it would definitely be a viable option, and would do little to benefit your cause of helping the dexxers/tank mage.

please, test it.

What will actually happen 9/10 times someone tries your idea...

1. Pulls out axe
2. Gets stunned
3. Gets shit on

What will actually happen 9/10 times someone tries your idea...

1. Pulls out axe
2. Gets stunned
3. Gets shit on

You know you can time the swing with insta swing right? After they fail, you can easily tap them because it only takes a split second to equip/unequip.

I wouldn't run around with the axe equipped the entire fight. Derp.

And alchemy in and of itself is not overpowered. 4x mage skill cap and the ability to do combos proves godly to most, notably scrubs/dexxers, and they call it overpowered.

Take any two alchy stuns, and it comes down to skill.

Sorry that dexxing/tank mages can't compete with todays alchy skill levels. Just like Ryan said, instaswing has no place on this server.

chad2.0

Traveler
You know you can time the swing with insta swing right? After they fail, you can easily tap them because it only takes a split second to equip/unequip.

I wouldn't run around with the axe equipped the entire fight. Derp.

And alchemy in and of itself is not overpowered. 4x mage skill cap and the ability to do combos proves godly to most, notably scrubs/dexxers, and they call it overpowered.

Take any two alchy stuns, and it comes down to skill.

Sorry that dexxing/tank mages can't compete with todays alchy skill levels. Just like Ryan said, instaswing has no place on this server.

I'm not an advocate for instaswing, I'm just telling you that your logic sucks. Yeah, you equip axe to swing, I press attack last, you get stunned.

Alchemy is fine, everything else being weak is the issue.

Dexxers should not lose 1v1 to mages. Tank mages are in fact complete shit, though.

You can attempt to stun once every 4-5 seconds. I'll watch you miss your stun and then tap you. If i get the conc blow, GG.

The equip/attack macro is insanely fast and it would almost feel like I'm not even slowed down offensively.

GimpCent

Knight

Just like Ryan said, instaswing has no place on this server.

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/556632/

Well over 50% disagree. That is with a good number of them being like you, fearing alchy changes and voting no.

Alchy doesn't need to nerfed but it shouldnt be the only game in town. Its way out of balance as is and pvp req alchy to compete. I don't want to be required to run a merchant skill to be able to pvp. That goes for both alchy mages and alchy dexxers. The skill is out of balance with every other skill in the game. How that gets fixed I don't care but ignoring it like you want to do is foolish. You are wrong

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/556632/

Well over 50% disagree. That is with a good number of them being like you, fearing alchy changes and voting no.

Alchy doesn't need to nerfed but it shouldnt be the only game in town. Its way out of balance as is and pvp req alchy to compete. I don't want to be required to run a merchant skill to be able to pvp. That goes for both alchy mages and alchy dexxers. The skill is out of balance with every other skill in the game. How that gets fixed I don't care but ignoring it like you want to do is foolish. You are wrong

you want to run this poll over everybody thats played here? Other servers, including the uog brand, as instaswing. Feel free to play there, and there is a reason that they amount to nothing compared to hybrid :<

GimpCent

Knight
you want to run this poll over everybody thats played here? Other servers, including the uog brand, as instaswing. Feel free to play there, and there is a reason that they amount to nothing compared to hybrid :<

oh like Ipy? Most uo servers fail so stating that isn't a reflection on tank mages at all. ZHybrid is successful because of age and its RunUOs official shard. There is many reasons other shards fail least of which is tank mages being a template that is just silly.

Math doesn't lie that's why I like it. Your opinions are just that. Polls are mostly useless honestly. You already said even with insta hit alchy stun would still win so why are you still trying to prevent others from playing the classes they grew up playing?

kolbycrouch

Knight
Archery having automatic moving shots is the most OverPowered thing I have ever heard of. If you have ever played aos, you would know, moving shots with large groups means nobody could even run away if they tried. I liked insta-swing mages on other shards I played, but those shards didn't have alchemy bonuses or heat-seeking pots, so that template was probably overpowered in the same way alchy/stun is here. Archery moving shot is so retarded though, imagine if me and 6 other scrubs came out with little real pvp skill and just attacked the same target with good heavy crossbows. Your skill would not help you in that situation at all.

Math doesn't lie that's why I like it. Your opinions are just that. Polls are mostly useless honestly. You already said even with insta hit alchy stun would still win so why are you still trying to prevent others from playing the classes they grew up playing?
Just because alchy wins doesn't mean it's overpowered.

Then we would just be constantly nerf everything until we poop out trammel.

GimpCent

Knight
Just because alchy wins doesn't mean it's overpowered.

Then we would just be constantly nerf everything until we poop out trammel.

Its pretty much the only game in town, I don't think you understand what balance is maybe. You don't need to nerf exp if other templates are put on a level that can at least compete. You can buff other templates but that is much harder to do. With the modern overuse of wands a slight damage reducation shouldn't really be a issue that you fear. You folks act like we are calling for Alchy to be nerfed to the ground and unuseable. We arent but that is very thing you wish to keep us as. You are hypocrite.

Alchy currently does in my opinion need a minor debuff but of just a few points worth of damage but that is completely not part of the Tank Mage debate which you clearly lost.

As stated by many other players.. Dexxers can compete against others. However, like I've mentioned plenty of times, the skill cap of the two is very different. You can take the best dexxing template, be it alchy dex/tank/whatever, and play it against the best alchy stun.. and the alchy stun will win.

Reverse those roles? Take the worst alchy stun, and the worst dexxer, and the dexxer wins.

Dexxing in its final form is all about being able to do random, untimed damage at the expense of nothing. Mages must be able to time their damage, combo appropriately, and heal all while being forced with 100 mana.

I bet if you get really, really good at living alchy combos (like most great alchy stuns) you can then turn around and mana fuck them with your weapons that expend no mana/energy.

GimpCent

Knight
As stated by many other players.. Dexxers can compete against others. However, like I've mentioned plenty of times, the skill cap of the two is very different. You can take the best dexxing template, be it alchy dex/tank/whatever, and play it against the best alchy stun.. and the alchy stun will win.

Reverse those roles? Take the worst alchy stun, and the worst dexxer, and the dexxer wins.

Dexxing in its final form is all about being able to do random, untimed damage at the expense of nothing. Mages must be able to time their damage, combo appropriately, and heal all while being forced with 100 mana.

I bet if you get really, really good at living alchy combos (like most great alchy stuns) you can then turn around and mana fuck them with your weapons that expend no mana/energy.

This has nothing to do with dexxers. Tank mages have not a thing to do with dexxers. Most my main PvP dexxers have 40 mama just to take the dump and do the very thing you are talking about. I know how to field a dexxer. This isn't about dexxers at all. Hybrids and dexxers are two different things.

Alchy is abused by both dexxers and mages. Its overpowered in both realms play. You have a trade skill that is pretty much required for PvP in all templates. Alchy pots aren't effected by armor and are basically heat seekering missiles coming from the hands of god because there is no way to block them.

There is very little in terms of templates out there anymore because alchy is so strong. In the age of macros there is very little with alchy that remains to be called skilled. You would be better to call it hotkey macro/script mangement; that would be closer to the truth.

So what's the problem? You don't seem to understand that by adding instahit/swing will not do anything to positively affect tank mages, they will still get owned. However, alchy stuns actually do and can benefit from the addition of instahit/swing.

If you truely want your tank mage balanced, you'll have to chance much much more than just instahit/swing, and there is simply no reason to do that for this server thats been this way for 11 years. This is hybrid, and I don't think its going to completely rotate pvp rulesets.

Status
Not open for further replies.