UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

3 new policies effective immediately

Re: 3 new policies effective immediately

fierywater said:
should UOAM be added to the list of approved programs?

I'm sure UO Auto-Map is fine, it doesn't really do anything that allows you an advantage. Maybe for T-hunters and Fishing up MIBS, but a sextant can do just that too.

DBizzle

Wanderer

Looks like all my chars need a name change then .... gg

wtf is the point of this? If i want my name to be colorfull and original how is this going to help>? How dose this affect people, yet 20 people named "a shadow knight" dosent?

so true :(

Teh Grape

Wanderer

This won't stop people from "scripting" as you call it, and it won't stop people from scamming lol. Exploiting game mechanics has always been illegal but almost everything Ryan listed is hard to trace/prove. Most of the time when a person is scammed it's his/her word against the scammers. And Easy Uo is not detectable unless your afk, so it won't stop people from doing things like, buying out reg vendors in 2 seconds.

Teh Grape said:
This won't stop people from "scripting" as you call it, and it won't stop people from scamming lol. Exploiting game mechanics has always been illegal but almost everything Ryan listed is hard to trace/prove. Most of the time when a person is scammed it's his/her word against the scammers. And Easy Uo is not detectable unless your afk, so it won't stop people from doing things like, buying out reg vendors in 2 seconds.

Welp, I'm glad to see you know what we can and can't do. If you think we can't trace people doing things faster than they should be able to, you are highly mistaken.

The only other things is how everyone assumes that "Ryan did this" or "Ryan did that." It amazes me that just because Ryan is the head of UOGamers you simply think he decides every change. I presented these policies to Ryan, I was the only one who made/edited them, and I cleared them with Mike as well. Both Ryan and Mike found them to be acceptable. So before you go and say "Ryan did" make sure you think about it first.

In all honesty we did not put these policies in place to "stop scamming" or "fuck with your name choices" we put them in place so that when we have to make a decision we can just point to it in these files and say you were warned.

Expect more of these policies to be going up in short order.

R

Ryan

Teh Grape said:
And Easy Uo is not detectable unless your afk, so it won't stop people from doing things like, buying out reg vendors in 2 seconds.

You've proven your ignorance to what the real facts are.

In a short amount of time, UO Gamers will be implementing EasyUO detection that WORKS, and will ban you for using it.

Thanks though.

Nayru

Wanderer

well gee, i wish these GMs would have been as helpful about scamming a few weeks ago- basically all they said was "you're screwed, we dont help with scamming" -that really made me enjoy this gaming evironment =/.... betty scammed me for 550k and then even admitted it on the forum... check it out

http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30916

Lorthic

Knight

NASTY_DEVILx said:
and btw... acamming didnt affect shard alot, cause when someone scammed u, u try to scam another person he same way u got scammed...

I've never been scammed or tried to scam someone else, so you're wrong on that part, and another thing: not everyone is a selfish, ignorant asshole such as yourself and feels the need to get revenge for being fucked over, or just feels the need to fuck someone over for nothing at all.

I'm glad these were posted. All in all, good changes. It takes the shard to the next level. Eliminating more L33T D00Dz and decreasing the players that rely on EasyUO is another step in the right direction.

Lorthic

Knight

It would be pretty nice if help were actually offered instead of policies just being created. A few weeks ago after Krrios added in the Hero/Evil system for the first time, and then it was removed, I lost a lot of money in items--almost 40m in items, and none of those were replaced. Hell, I couldn't even get Ryan, or any staff, for that matter, to talk to me. All I got were, "let me talk to so and so, because I don't know what's going on," but, have a funny name, or buy regs, and your nuts on are the chopping block...

Two things about the approved programs:
1) I'm on a 233mhz, 128MB Gateway Pentium 2 most of the time, since my other machine burnt out, so how do you expect me to do even decently well if I cannot use a potion script for EasyUO? None of it is auto, I assure you of that, yet I can't do that. Great, now I can't play with either Razor or EasyUO. My gaming experience should be interesting while I double click pots.

2) As I've previously stated, my computer is a piece of shit, and when I used speed hacks it went a little bit faster in-game, which helped me out a lot. Even with the speed hacks, I still wasn't faster than most people, even some people on 56K. But I can't use that, either...

I would say good job, but all I see are limitations. I just hope you don't take what I said the wrong way.

Thank you,
-Lorth

Dynamic

Wanderer

gotta say...that the worst thing is that u can buy money!
seriosly...its just redicolous...its ppl who just started playing who gets like 1000000k and then buy up everything...i find that kinda bizzar

Lorthic

Knight

Dynamic said:
seriosly...its just redicolous...its ppl who just started playing who gets like 1000000k and then buy up everything...i find that kinda bizzar

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. If you're talking about donations, then it would be wise for you to stfu, and then gtfo, simply because without that "pay-for gold" we wouldn't have this shard... yet without the pay-for gold, neither would they. :(

Terron

Knight

Dynamic said:

donations serve two purposes, not just the one about you getting something.

Dynamic

Wanderer

ok Furota on bad mode ? Anyways , sure thing about buying etherals and so but its really unfair with ppl buying money.
Am i the only one to have sutch thoughts?
And seriously... I know what donations are for.. Just listen to the word...

Terron

Knight

Dynamic said:
ok Furota on bad mode ? Anyways , sure thing about buying etherals and so but its really unfair with ppl buying money.
Am i the only one to have sutch thoughts?

translation: "wahhh how dare people get rewarded for helping pay the >$1000/mo collocation bill Ryan pays out of pocket"

This will change theivery then.. cuz most theives depends on the fact that u convince the opposite party to trade items or meony.. if lets say i go to a guy say ill buy 1k of each reg.. they do a trade i remove the window and steal the regs.. then im scamming.. so i get suspended for that????? thats unfair for the theives cuz we just dont all go around and steal petty regs.. some of us go for bigger game.. and if the items are returned to the onwers that are stupid enuf to trade with us.. then why do we have to pay for it by getting suspended... any thoughts on it woudl be great..

qopempire

Wanderer

Cebrious Arcane said:
I'm glad these were posted. All in all, good changes. It takes the shard to the next level. Eliminating more L33T D00Dz and decreasing the players that rely on EasyUO is another step in the right direction.

lmao. names dont make you l33t, alot of kids with "l33t dood" names have them ,because they're poking fun at people. This dosnt eliminate "leet doods" (its a playing style)