UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

17 days in Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can remember Eos stated the reason why she didn't change the drop rate was because the general consensus was the community didn't want the value of their artifacts to drop.

Although it seems like it's the opposite in fact.

Last I was informed staff was going to "monitor" drop rates and then make a decision.

mytilus

Sorceror
Doom on the other hand is the most boring fucking aspect of this game. It's a grind. You have dipshit teammates that you didn't choose, and most of them roll with an average of 200 luck. If you have a dipshit teammate at a champs spawn you can murder them...

this wins post of the month in my book.... my girlfriend just had to ask me what was so funny

Double the drop rate.

I'm all for doubling the drop rates

double the drop rate please =]

Smokey Mcpot

Sorceror
hm i went down there for 1 week for 6 artis plus an orny. Sure they all sucked up til the orny. It is really based upon damage and I ME PERSONALLY think luck plays a factor to.

Uomvp

Knight
I wish they would do a few things with doom:

1. Show your points with an easy w/e command (easy to keep track of how many points your getting per monster and if you need to re-adjust your suit or not).
2. Post how many points each monsters gives out.
3. Instead of doubling the drop rate. Just do something like double point weekends and/or increase it slightly.

Personally I feel that no matter what they do people are going to find a reason to bitch.

hickman48

Knight
Id rather not see a double in drop rate but an osi point system like they said they where going to add. Based on op luck would just means he would pull an arty in eight and a half days where as on osi if you grind it out getting an arty every 4-5 hours played is np on some of the larger servers where people have quicker clear times on the bosses was pretty easy to pull one every 3 hours.

Black Tom

Squire

1. Show your points with an easy w/e command (easy to keep track of how many points your getting per monster and if you need to re-adjust your suit or not).
3. Instead of doubling the drop rate. Just do something like double point weekends and/or increase it slightly.

Personally I feel that no matter what they do people are going to find a reason to bitch.

It would be great to have this sort of option. At least you could have an idea of the points you are getting. I do think the room monsters should give near the same points as the DF although I realize they are easier to kill. It does seem that a lot of people believe that the room monsters give very little chance for an arty so they just wait for the DF. This usually means that while only 3 or so do the rooms, when the DF spawns you all of a sudden have more people. Which leads to the mass DIPSHIT TEAMMATES.

Since I play a mage I usually team up a bit with some of the dexxers that I see there all the time. I try to throw them enough cures and heals when they are low to keep them up while still trying to do as much damage as I can. I also try to run interference on the undead spawn with spells or furys to keep them off most people. I leave the dipshits to go their own way and usually die. The ones I really dislike are those that die and you rez and they can't even throw you a thx or ty. How hard is it to type 2 or 3 letters while you are waiting for the rez gump to come up??? These types get 1 rez only. After that, they are on their own.

kgb

Squire
Hunting in doom for the last year from time to time and the best thing what i can get is Divine Countenance. Of course there is full set of absolutely shitty artys like 60ssi maul, katana, health bra and others. There was a days when i was inspired to get rich or die trying and i playing like a mad for 19 hours per day, but its doesnt get any result.

Each last tryings to get some artys looking like -> i'm login, character is already on gauntlet, beat few (not more than 3-4) creeps, get nothing, logout.

Two weeks ago i was doing similar actions, just come on spot, shot TWICE to the Abyssmal Horror and GET FOCKING ORNY. That was sick, seriously, i released a rapid heartbeat and feel some shake in hands. That feeling definitely better than sex, guys.

That the best thing what i get here for the two years playing. Orny gave me the feeling that I took the game to the end, because at one point I became the owner of forty million, and before that i have max 2 or 3kk.

There was just a story. Yes, i'm agree, chances are sucks, but who cares?

raveX

Page

#1 Yes
#2 Sure, whatever. Rather have info on how many points = what percent chance for a drop
#3 No. I don't think a double-points event idea would work like you think. Unless you make it permanent then all you are doing is driving a ton of people to doom on an event weekend where you will more than likely receive less points because of all the competition.

I dont own an orny. I do max damage with 600 luck and pull an arty every 25 rounds with 1-3 people or about 150 rounds with 4 and up.
Ive gotten 9 artifacts so far since the patch, nothing over the 2kk (MAYBE 2.5kk mark > dryad bow +5 archery)

Also,
berserkers maul
Legacy of the Dreadlord
3 ornate crowns
blade of insanity
gauntlets of nobility
Divine Countenance

I'm alright with drop rates; getting atrocious artificts (CuB Cash), having to leave for more tith. Every arty has potential to be an orny.
I wish you didnt get so many duplicates though. A buddy always pulls Blades of insanity and Helms of insight

This game is still played due to the time required to become Godly, and the feeling when you pull 1 random item thats better then anything you've ever had.

Fyriis

Wanderer
been here off and on for 8 years, sometimes i get the urge to be in doom so i camp it for about a week then stop. ive only recieved 1 arty, hat of magi. i support the point system like on osi. obviously it works and itll get people away from doing/getting raided on coon, sampires at miasma(guilty ;]), farming mel and farming gold skulls for doom. i think having a limit to the things u can do that are actually worth your time on this shard drives people away more than a legit point system in doom would. even the point system wouldnt be an instant drop and youd still have to put the time in for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.