UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

☆Quick Question Megathread☆

Thilath

Sorceror
When I hit F1 I open the "Codex of Wisdom", which is quite annoying cause taming is bound to F1 atm. I can't remember how I managed to unbind the codex on my other characters (it's not in the macro list in "options"). How do I do it?

BrotherDon

Sorceror
When I hit F1 I open the "Codex of Wisdom", which is quite annoying cause taming is bound to F1 atm. I can't remember how I managed to unbind the codex on my other characters (it's not in the macro list in "options"). How do I do it?

It should be, just have to slowly scroll through all the ingame macros. or take the lazy fix and just bind taming thru razor to f1 and dont click pass keystroke to UO , that will let razor intercept the F1 press and use it for taming instead of letting it go to the client and open the codex

Pegasus321

Sorceror
Shadowstrike is implemented and fully operational on demise? What will make this move more successfull? Uoguide says if successful it hides attacker. Does that mean just a hit or could a hit not trigger it? Don't u have to be like 5 tiles from combat to succesfully hide? How does this play into the move? Is there a cooldown to this move?

I Wana make a ninja someone tell me shadowstrike shurikens and ninjitsu.

Ninjas should be elf for dificulty to track?

Two Wolves

Knight
Shadowstrike works on Demise. You have to hit to activate it. It hides you right in place like smoke bombs. Typical hiding has about a 12 second cool-down.

You need 80 stealth to use shadowstrike, The chance it hides you is based on your hiding skill, so at gm it will always work. Both Shadowstrike and Smoke Bombs can be used without the combat restriction, tho smoke bombs are effected by the hide time while shadowstrike is not.

Will Heart of the Lion (mage armor) count as medable armor when stealthing with 60 skill?
Any item that has the "Mage Armor" mod (and hence is normally un-meddable) counts the same as leather or no armor at all when it comes to stealthing, imposing zero penalty. It doesn't matter what the original armor type was; studded leather (the only type for which a "lesser" penalty is applied when stealthing) is cut to zero penalty just as plate is.

Shadowstrike is implemented and fully operational on demise? What will make this move more successfull? Uoguide says if successful it hides attacker. Does that mean just a hit or could a hit not trigger it? Don't u have to be like 5 tiles from combat to succesfully hide? How does this play into the move? Is there a cooldown to this move?
Shadowstrike pretty much removes any and all of the limitations for hiding. Any successful hit using that move will immediately hide you: you can be in the middle of combat (it will yank you out of war mode and remove your "in-combat" flag) right next to anything, and there's no cooldown restricting it whatsoever.

Ninjas should be elf for dificulty to track?
Well, that depends on how likely you think others will be using the tracking skill on you. Note that this bonus does not make an elf any harder to DETECT, just TRACK.

The chance it hides you is based on your hiding skill, so at gm it will always work.
Actually, successfuly landing a blow with Shadowstrike will invariably hide you, no matter what. It's technically possible (through soulstones) to use it at 0 hiding. Of course, you wouldn't be able to stealth and walk away with less than 30.0 hiding...

The move doesn't work by making any hiding checks at all; it simply hard-sets the "hidden" flag on the user.

Americana

Sorceror
Are tamed rune beetles capped at 800pts of trained up skill? i.e. if I want to max everything else, do I need to rezkill the pet to lower anat and nox so i can get eval and mage to cap?

amarita

Wanderer
when I try to train Vet on pets that I have recently tamed while training for taming, it says that I "cannot perform beneficial acts on my target." does this have to do with my low skill in Vet or is it a different component?

thank you in advance! :)

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror
when I try to train Vet on pets that I have recently tamed while training for taming, it says that I "cannot perform beneficial acts on my target." does this have to do with my low skill in Vet or is it a different component?

I would say that it depends on the pet being flagged hostile towards you, such things may happen when you peace or use paralyze for taming. Just wait for a few minutes and it should be fine.

amarita

Wanderer
I would say that it depends on the pet being flagged hostile towards you, such things may happen when you peace or use paralyze for taming. Just wait for a few minutes and it should be fine.

I haven't been using anything while taming since my character still has new status, and I am only taming bears and cougars at the moment, so I really dont understand what the problem is. D:

DevilDjinn

Traveler

could be a few things. generally if your trying damage your pet to try and heal it, you have to do it in fel. for example i tamed two gamans and get them to attack each other while i heal them both. this cannot be done on tram, only fel.
this may be unrelated, just putting it out there. :)

UOHaloran

Sorceror
I'm trying to do the satyr training trick (I've used it for many skills in the past) but now I can't get the satyr to stop attacking me -- even the stuff he provokes on me is staying agro'd through hide and even logging out. I thought hiding dropped all previous agro from otherwise friendly targets?

A side note, I guess maybe it's an overarching problem where targets here don't recognize hide/invis as dropping aggression (obviously normally aggressive creatures will re-attack you eventually, but friendly to positive karma creatures should not) and maybe it's even intentional that it's this way. The last time I played EA this was definitely not the case.