UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Player to Demise looking for PVP advice

Pegasus321

Sorceror
Check ponts naked temp guide. I find it pretty fun and was relatively Cheap to gear (go figure). I use mine for when I know I'm guna die a lot like gm events or pvp. Even if u die ten times before u get 1 kill u still make money... Awsome

Avenger.

Sorceror
So then tell me why he is better off rolling a scribe mage for group pvp instead of something like a necro mage with the ability to strangle for disrupts, corpse skin for debuff, evil omen for para ganks, pain spike for stam drains, withers, revenants, access to a fairly major exploit, or wisp for team mana regen. Or a tactics mage that brings the ability to bleed dexxers, mortal mages, parablow people, hitting people on the run, and heavy damage combos.

I mean the only real argument in favor of a pure mage is to use it as a stepping stone template to get into the big league templates. That is, if you are assuming that the better templates are too complicated to learn right off the bat.

A template is as good as the person who plays it. I've seen some very impressive scribe mages here that could take down most necro/tactics mages.

It is hard to build a good competitive necro mage suit when starting out and using regs is not the best option because you'll die a lot and there's like 13 friggen regs you need to stock.

That's why I suggested scribe mage.

Necro mage is great for spawns though, no doubt about that.

EvilChild

Knight
Occam's razor.

If we had to compare every variable like player skill, ping, distance from moniter, light level in players house, distractions, whatever blah blah blah we would NEVER be able to come to any reasonable conclusion about templates. So instead, we compare 2 templates and decide what skills are better and what skills bring more to the table. If we pit 2 templates in the ring vs each other in the hands of 2 equally skilled players, which template would win more often? You will find that there are certain skills that perform better than other skills. So when creating templates, it is best to root out as many weak skills as possible and replace them with more effective skills.

A necro mage suit is no more or less expensive than any other mage suit. The only thing you need to worry about is some extra regs. One kill will cover that cost

Avenger.

Sorceror
In this case he will have very little skill, so best choose a template you can learn and build from early on.

A scribe mage suit using regs is far easier to obtain than a proper necro mage suit. How can you say all mage suits cost the same? That's just inaccurate.

EvilChild

Knight
How would a scribe mage suit be any different than a necro mage suit?

Seriously

What mods do you need on a scribe mage suit that you don't need on a necro mage suit? and vice versa?

Avenger.

Sorceror
How would a scribe mage suit be any different than a necro mage suit?

Seriously

What mods do you need on a scribe mage suit that you don't need on a necro mage suit? and vice versa?

Scribe mage doesn't need as much MR due to having meditation. Tactics mage needs a nice tactics mage weapon and HCI shield. It's harder to get away having no orny on tactics mage.

Remember this dude just started he will not have an orny or HoM or any other uber stuff. You can easily outfit a scribe mage with kasa/rbc, horner armor and low end 1/3s.

Honestly everyone should have a spawner for doing champs so he should have a necro mage anyways.

EvilChild

Knight
Scribe mage doesn't need as much MR due to having meditation. Tactics mage needs a nice tactics mage weapon and HCI shield. It's harder to get away having no orny on tactics mage.

Remember this dude just started he will not have an orny or HoM or any other uber stuff. You can easily outfit a scribe mage with kasa/rbc, horner armor and low end 1/3s.

Honestly everyone should have a spawner for doing champs so he should have a necro mage anyways.

So basically, you think one needs more MR than the other. That's it. And hell, if I can easily make a scribe necro mage, then you should be able to make a med necro mage just as well. So, needing more MR is kind of a moot point. That's not even mentioning shadow wisps, which easily narrows the MR gap, and probably even tips the tides in favor of the necro mage.

You can easily fit a necro mage with kasa/rbc, horned kit armor and basic 1/3s and be set.

Tactics mage is a different story. But, I am not talking about tactic mage suits right now.

Avenger.

Sorceror
So basically, you think one needs more MR than the other. That's it. And hell, if I can easily make a scribe necro mage, then you should be able to make a med necro mage just as well. So, needing more MR is kind of a moot point. That's not even mentioning shadow wisps, which easily narrows the MR gap, and probably even tips the tides in favor of the necro mage.

You can easily fit a necro mage with kasa/rbc, horned kit armor and basic 1/3s and be set.

Tactics mage is a different story. But, I am not talking about tactic mage suits right now.

lol now you're just arguing for the hell of it, yea lets use shadow wisps in the heat of battle... cmon dude

EvilChild

Knight
lol now you're just arguing for the hell of it, yea lets use shadow wisps in the heat of battle... cmon dude

A. If you cannot kill someone with a full pool of 130+ mana you are doing something horribly horribly wrong. Or, your suit is so terrible that you shouldn't be in fel to begin with.
B. There are plenty of opportunities for you to get away to regen some mana in almost any fight
C. Shadow wisps can basically instantly regen your mana in the brief down time that you will almost always have in field fights. Assuming that you aren't mentally challenged and understand enough about game mechanics to mana vampire your shadow wisps.

So yea, having shadow wisps easily tips the entire mana debate in favor of the necro mage because in the long run, it will regen mana more quickly than med will.

Btw, the difference that gm med makes as far as mana is concerned ~40 mana a minute. A minute is a long time during combat.

EvilChild

Knight
Illadin, Josilyn, EvilChild, Satoshi.co.jp, Jane, Katelyn Kaniff

Not that it makes a lick of difference to my argument.

EvilChild

Knight
You don't need to summon wisps mid combat when the people die before you run out of mana.

I never said to summon wisps in mid combat. I'm not sure why you are assuming that.

Bama

Bug Huntress
C. Shadow wisps can basically instantly regen your mana in the brief down time that you will almost always have in field fights. Assuming that you aren't mentally challenged and understand enough about game mechanics to mana vampire your shadow wisps.

The fact that a Necro's summoned familiar shadow wisp (or any familiar a Necro can summon) has any mana is an interesting game mechanic in itself

Dee Lynn Quint_11-19_08.42.jpgDee Lynn Quint_11-19_08.42-1.jpgDee Lynn Quint_11-19_08.43.jpgDee Lynn Quint_11-19_08.43-1.jpgDee Lynn Quint_11-19_08.44.jpg