UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Player to Demise looking for PVP advice

Longdukdong

Wanderer
Hey everyone! I am new to Demise. I did a bit of pvp on Hybrid, but everything is very different on this server. Can anyone give me some info on pvp templates, razor stuff, targeting, etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The Donger

lukin69

Knight
115 Magery (TOME!)
115 Eval
115 Wrestling
115 Spirit Speak
100 Resisting Spells
105 Necromancy
XX Meditation
(scroll mage eval and wrestle to 120 when possible)

2/6
all 70's or as close as possible.

Dont use LRC until you have a viable suit. Instead, buy a shhiiiitttoooonnnnn of regs. Make an HPI/LMC/MR suit. Use HOL, divine or kasa or if you can afford it a HOm or talkeesh.

Dont use a shield. (unless you NEED an arcane to get to 2/6)

CARRY POTS. set hotkeys to drink pots. No pots = you die.

Set all your hotkeys in razor.
use mini/heal cure. I dont care what anyone else says or does. Its what I use and it works.

Targeting hotkeys:
set last target
clear target queue
cancel last target
target closest grey/blue/red
mousewheel up: target self
mousewheel down: last target

Longdukdong

Wanderer
Wow! Thnx a ton, man. Really good info. Are there any good melee/archer pvp templates as well? Or is that temp pretty much the best. I hardly know anything about all the skills that are not on Hybrid.... ninjitsu, chivalry, bushido..... things like that. They seem like they might be viable in pvp too. I played stealth dexxer on Hybrid, but that doesn't seem very good on Demise.

EvilChild

Knight
Wow! Thnx a ton, man. Really good info. Are there any good melee/archer pvp templates as well? Or is that temp pretty much the best. I hardly know anything about all the skills that are not on Hybrid.... ninjitsu, chivalry, bushido..... things like that. They seem like they might be viable in pvp too. I played stealth dexxer on Hybrid, but that doesn't seem very good on Demise.

The best thing about post AoS is that just about any template can be viable for pvp if you are more than a half wit.

A proper chiv template should never die to less than 3v1 odds.
Bushido is overall pretty useful if you know how to use it, but not many do.
Ninjas can one shot kill people. But, the setup is intense, and you need a really good connection.
Archery is mostly useful for team fights. Necro archers can be good all around.
Stealth can be ok if you are with a team of stealthers, or supporting a team. I would not recommend it as a solo template.

And that's just some of the dexxer templates. That's not even considering all of the mage templates. Tactics mage, archer mage, tamer mage, necro mage, chiv mage, bushido mage, healing mage, parry mage, and on and on and on.

I would start off with a generally easy template to play, and then when you get used to the system, you can start playing around with skills. Something like a chiv healing dexxer, or necro mage would be your best bet for starting out. As an added bonus, both of these templates can be very good in pvm as well (especially the necro mage).

Good luck.

Longdukdong

Wanderer
The chiv, healing, dexxer sounds like it has a good bit of survive-ability. That should really help me get the hang of things. What's the exact template for that?

Avenger.

Sorceror
For starting out definitely do a Scribe Mage. It will teach you how to field fight properly. It will teach you how to use the basic spells effectively. Later you can move onto necro or tactics mage which have more complex combos and are much more mana intensive.

115 Magery (120 if you can afford it)
115 Resist (120 if you can afford it)
100 Inscription
115 Eval (120 if you can afford it)
120 Meditation
120 Wrestling

rest in spellweave or focus or hiding

I play necro mage, scribe mage, chiv dexxer and archer. On archer you will be the first target and you'll get ganked like hell. On dexxer you will be running around a lot trying to hit people, you need to invest a lot of money in a suit as well, but you will be a force to reckon with if you can manage a great 4/6 chiv suit. On mage you will die a lot but it is lots of fun and you'll learn fast.

Good luck

EvilChild

Knight
Chiv dexxer template

120 macing
120 healing
120 anat
120 tactics
120 resist
120 chiv

suit - all 70s, 4/6 casting, as much hci and dci you can get. This will not be cheap to get, so you will want to spend some time farming up gear.

I would highly suggest avoiding a pure mage template. Simply because it will be nearly impossible to kill a skilled / geared opponent 1v1. You'll do fine vs the random trash running around that don't carry pots and rock out 100 hp, but vs something like a tactics mage with 140hp, tons of pots, bonded mount, bolas, etc you will have a ton of trouble killing them.

Chiv dexxer template

120 macing
120 healing
120 anat
120 tactics
120 resist
120 chiv

suit - all 70s, 4/6 casting, as much hci and dci you can get. This will not be cheap to get, so you will want to spend some time farming up gear.

I would highly suggest avoiding a pure mage template. Simply because it will be nearly impossible to kill a skilled / geared opponent 1v1. You'll do fine vs the random trash running around that don't carry pots and rock out 100 hp, but vs something like a tactics mage with 140hp, tons of pots, bonded mount, bolas, etc you will have a ton of trouble killing them.

If he's never played mage, pure would be the best way to get a grasp of the mage spells and combo's while still having reasonable MR/LMC if his suits shite.

Avenger.

Sorceror
Chiv dexxer template

120 macing
120 healing
120 anat
120 tactics
120 resist
120 chiv

Strongly disagree with this. It will take a new player a long long time to get gear good enough to pull off that template. With a scribe mage he can start to PvP pretty fast and he can have a nice suit if he uses regs.

lukin69

Knight
Strongly disagree with this. It will take a new player a long long time to get gear good enough to pull off that template. With a scribe mage he can start to PvP pretty fast and he can have a nice suit if he uses regs.

No sense in arguing.

EvilChild

Knight

Yes, it will take longer to get the suit together for a chiv dexxer. But, if he is interested in playing a dexxer template, it is probably the most viable template. Useful in both solo and group pvp, great survivability, good utility, good damage output. If he isn't going to put the time and effort in required to make a workable suit, then it really doesn't matter what template he rolls in.

With a scribe mage, you can learn combos and spell casting sure. But, you will still be at a large disadvantage to most other pvp templates. The biggest problem is that you simply are not going to have the fire power with only scribe and magery to kill decent players 1v1. Sure, if you are fighting scrubs then, yea you are gonna smoke them. If you are rolling 4 deep and can call targets, then sure you will do fine. If you are running 1v1 vs someone that knows what the hell they are doing, then no, you are worse off.

Ultimately, it is up to him to decide what kind of character he wants to play. Nothing he has said indicated any interest in playing a mage what so ever.

Avenger.

Sorceror
Well to be honest if he goes 1v1 he will get smoked no matter what he rolls. Everyone who PvPs 1v1 is experienced and decked out with awesome gear here.

EvilChild

Knight
So then tell me why he is better off rolling a scribe mage for group pvp instead of something like a necro mage with the ability to strangle for disrupts, corpse skin for debuff, evil omen for para ganks, pain spike for stam drains, withers, revenants, access to a fairly major exploit, or wisp for team mana regen. Or a tactics mage that brings the ability to bleed dexxers, mortal mages, parablow people, hitting people on the run, and heavy damage combos.

I mean the only real argument in favor of a pure mage is to use it as a stepping stone template to get into the big league templates. That is, if you are assuming that the better templates are too complicated to learn right off the bat.

Longdukdong

Wanderer
I think I'l try the Necro Mage temp. The gear seems a lot easier to get and I played an Inscription Mage on Hybrid. So I am slightly familiar with some of the spells. The Chiv Dexxer seems really fun and eventually I'm gonna try that, after I get some cash saved up. I appreciate all the info. It really helped, but it's also sorta intimidating realizing all that I have to learn.